Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Stolen Deed Pink Pearl (Give Me Back My Deed!)

What u think?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Rocky deed?

• Give him BACK!
    • They can keep it and stole more our deeds.
    • GMs are wrong! Disband deed, throw trader in sea!
    • I dont care.

Forward this to Rolf personally. If he sees this with his own eyes he might decide that people like this are an unwatned element to his game, causing nothing but grief and annoyance. Rules or not, someone who is purely out to grief others with their actions and after their own, selfihs game are a smear on his game and is bad for the rest of the customers. It is blatantly obvious these peoepl knew it was plain wrong what they were ding and yet they chose to go on, picking a flawed system and waiting till the deed owner logged off, even more proof that they knew they were doing something they shouldn't be doing.

In the meantime, I would like to know all accounts asociated with this. Give me their names, their mains, their alts, so I can avoid doing busines with these people. So I can kos them and chase them out of my local with agressive animals everytime I see them. So I can dig a massive trench and fill it with thorns where I see them logoff. Wherever they go I will personally make sure their life in this game is a living hell. The sooner they quit, the better.

Yeah, feel free to pm me the names as well, and contacting Rolf might be a good idea as well.

I feel pretty disillusioned right now so I better not write too much....

• Like 1

I think what bothers me about this is not the loss of the deed so much, but the trader. Basically, because the mayor didn't appear to know/understand the voting system, and now they are out the deed, any upkeep paid into it, and the trader.

So at least 60s/euro (at Bank of Rolfâ„¢ pricing). Sure the system allowed for it, and their lack of understanding and trust was exploited, but I would think the rules on Freedom would weigh the loss of real world value.

As cited in other posts, if they used alts to achieve this /vote result, then it would appear to be a clear violation of the use for alts according to the wiki at least. They were used to give an advantage in the /vote (the result of which was a deed with a trader for free with no "risk" for the new mayor), that the original mayor could not counter. Now if every one of those new citizens is a live player, game on.

::Edited to reword a section as I did not want to be seen as "back-seat moderating", just pointing out that according the information we have been made aware of, it seems to run counter to the listed information for alts and their usage. As the GMs have ruled on the topic, this will be my last post on it.::

Edited by Hussars

i can confirm that was alts... u see them all moving and all stop together when they work ... :D is fun to look at :D also walking in hill or wall is part of runing alts

Edited by RockyBalboa

I would like to hear the GM's official statement regarding

I think what bothers me about this is not the loss of the deed so much, but the trader. Basically, because the mayor didn't appear to know/understand the voting system, and now they are out the deed, any upkeep paid into it, and the trader.

So at least 60s/euro (at Bank of Rolfâ„¢ pricing). Sure the system allowed for it, and their lack of understanding and trust was exploited, but I would think the rules on Freedom would weigh the loss of real world value.

As cited in other posts, if they used alts to achieve this /vote result, then it would appear to be a clear violation of the use for alts according to the wiki at least. They were used to give an advantage in the /vote (the result of which was a deed with a trader for free with no "risk" for the new mayor), that the original mayor could not counter. Now if every one of those new citizens is a live player, game on.

::Edited to reword a section as I did not want to be seen as "back-seat moderating", just pointing out that according the information we have been made aware of, it seems to run counter to the listed information for alts and their usage. As the GMs have ruled on the topic, this will be my last post on it.::

I agree with Hussars and i would like to hear the GM's official statement regarding this issue.

Rhatz

eh i ask gms again... is all over now :S we cant do nothing about my lost pearl... i will never forget that.... :(

eh i ask gms again... is all over now :S we cant do nothing about my lost pearl... i will never forget that.... :(

Keep the uproar protest coming so that we can get some sort of edit to deed settings. This is ridiculous.

Keep the uproar protest coming so that we can get some sort of edit to deed settings. This is ridiculous.

i can pay that price :D i already do... so why rolf will not fix that... and thiss will never happend again to stupid players is just to easy, to fix that...

Edited by RockyBalboa

I would like to hear the GM's official statement regarding

I agree with Hussars and i would like to hear the GM's official statement regarding this issue.

Rhatz

<Enki> They have used a legal and accepted method of deed control

<Enki> Deed security and control is a sole responsibility of the mayor

I would also like to hear the GMs official statement..

Rocky just said that only a few of the characters are moving at any one time. I think this needs more GM attention.

If using alts to gain an unfair advantage is against the rules, essentially what Rolf is implying to lone deed holders is that they are not allowed to use alts to help them to keep the majority of votes.

This means no one playing alone would be able to invite more than a few people to their deed for fear that their mayorship will be overthrown...

If using alts to gain an unfair advantage is written as being against the rules, why aren't the GMS implementing this?

It is wrong for the wiki to suggest that having alts to keep your mayor safe is "illegal" if the GMs aren't going to stop those who are using alts to overthrow the mayor. This means those who do abide by the rules are at a serious disadvantage. How is this fair?

• Like 1

<Enki> They have used a legal and accepted method of deed control

<Enki> Deed security and control is a sole responsibility of the mayor

At least on non pvp servers GM staff should punish not only a straight breaking of the rules but also something what we may name as an abusing of the law/rules.

Edited by Mormo

I don't like real life analogies because this is a game. But this time I must make an exception because it's simply hilarious:

if I buy some land, build my house on it, pay the bills and taxes. then decide to invite 5 guests, they can't vote me out of it and subsequently send police after me.

It's even more hilarious, that deeds are default set to allow such exploit and information about it is available only on wiki and not very visible or clear at that.

It is true that mayors are responsible for securing their deeds. But aren't developers responsible for telling them exactly against what?

• Like 1

Without reading the pages and pages of replies, why not only allow premium players to vote, sorry if it has been mentioned already.

• Like 1

Without reading the pages and pages of replies, why not only allow premium players to vote, sorry if it has been mentioned already.

i cant believe nothing will be done .sometime the wurm community needs to stick together against this kind of stuff ,alt abuse is frowned upon

granted this has nothing to do with me but one major issue with this games is folks that find loop holes to greif/steal off folks and nothing gets done and it need to change and change now

theft is theft no matter how you look at it ,looop hole or no loop holes this is utter crap that nothing is being done ,we need to keep this thread alive as warning to other and all these thieves should be kossed on every deed through out this game ,if the gms wont do anything ,lets do it ourselves and also use loop holes to get rids of these bad eggs ,

this dont need or want these type of folk

• Like 2

i cant believe nothing will be done .sometime the wurm community needs to stick together against this kind of stuff ,alt abuse is frowned upon

granted this has nothing to do with me but one major issue with this games is folks that find loop holes to greif/steal off folks and nothing gets done and it need to change and change now

theft is theft no matter how you look at it ,looop hole or no loop holes this is utter crap that nothing is being done ,we need to keep this thread alive as warning to other and all these thieves should be kossed on every deed through out this game ,if the gms wont do anything ,lets do it ourselves and also use loop holes to get rids of these bad eggs ,

this dont need or want these type of folk

+1

Rules or no rules, once you agree to the EULA you agree to that your account can get banned at any time for whatever reason. Goddamnit, staff, use this to your advantage! When there is someone blatantly and obviously stealing and griefing, toss the rules aside and remove them. What is the benefit of keeping people like this in a game? IS the 20 euros a month you might get from them really worth upsetting this many players?

I want Gms - at least a core few that have a high level of trust - to have the option to act regardless of rules. If someone is really that disrupting then just pin them down for "overall griefing". Rules are nice guidelines but being so black and white, they allow people to find loopholes and spit in the staffs face and laugh at them. Gms are supposed to be feared, not some kind of figure you can laugh at becuase they can't do anything.

DO you really want people to tell their friends "yeah that Wurm Online game? I spent 100 euros to have enough money to buy a deed, and trader, but when I invited some other people to my deed, they were able to steal it all from me - on a peaceful server. Sadly the gms said it was all okay within the rules, so nothing was done except giving me back the equivalent of 10 euros ingame"

Think about that when you decide to glue your ass to the rules and say they did nothing wrong. When it is this obvious who gives a crap about rules. Ban their damn asses, or at the very very least give this guy his deed back. Until somethign actually get sdone i have lost any and all respect for the staff of this game. Pathetic, that you're so scared to get someone upset over punishing them that you decide to let dozens of others get upset and let the griefers win, yet again.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 12

What is this talk of Loopholes, and back and white rules? Wurm rules are so loose a 15year old can read them, and start literly skipping merrily around doing darn near anuting he wants, If he takes the time to think about it. I have become increasinly disturbed by this, but yet there is no cookie cutter awsner. What is needed is not "A few induvidauls with absoulte power" becasue, if we look at many Cm members, we see the end Clasue of the chat rules grsn them just this, And i feel abuse is quite rampant. To give somehigher players ths amnisty, would be chaos as people worked to fufill their own agendas. That just natural, and to be honest, alot of wurm staf allready does this, gm's included. The, lack of what I feel is education regarding Moderation is amajor problem, but I digress. I sugest, a someone "public fourm" where a Judge Jury and excutioner (The Magestic Enki) can decide upon the out come of a case. Say, a subsection of fourm is made, Anyone with 150+? Post is free to view, read, and simply vote yes, no or pardon. A minimum nober would have to be reached, of course, and have a significant Gap between oposing votes. This is a community game, whu not have real communty moderation? It is apparent form this topic, the equivalant of A soap opera, that rough 3/4 of players would Vote to ban XXX. Enki, and mabey a FULL community elected pannel could engage in a Actual discussion, which could be later made public, and reach an agreement. Of course, the head GM could veto as they see fit, but these layers of communictaion would also apeas any negative feed back they may recive. No one would say Oh So and So banned me because they thoguht I was bad, Its more the community feels this act unacepteable, and it has be voted on, Discussed, Acted upon, and made public. Oh and an after thought, make the freaking FCC more than a usless list of words, make it enforcable. Snadbox or not, every community needs rules, and if the lack of rules in wurm is getting to bad, get the black bags and Arm bands, and start enforcing offcial posts.

P.S. Just for the record, I bought my deed, That I NEED to secure my stuff so I have some saftey from theft. There should be NO WAY to steal someones paid for security.

i will just add that, in that case goes wrong many things, with person who can invite new players we have also deal (about who is owner and mayor), and he broke that. So if someone broke so many rules ... idk... what to say... i will look for chat logs and post that ....

What is this talk of Loopholes, and back and white rules? Wurm rules are so loose a 15year old can read them,

This 15 year old can read very well, thank you very much. xD

ok now i see logs :D i think that is prof of deal we have... u cant trust new player... but u can only trust that deal. is like i buy 1gold coin and i never pay for... gms must do something

<Trundle> what do u mean by run it exactly? where is it and how big?

<Rockybalboa> x20 y31 and is big for 1s upkeep

<Trundle> ill take it if u want :P

<Rockybalboa> that is all what i need there

<Trundle> :P

<Trundle> on my way there now

<Trundle> yea im on my way

<Rockybalboa> i will have 2 more public deeds like that in future :D

<Trundle> ill have 2 more premiums in the future :P

<Trundle> not that i need em if ur gonna keep mayors ;P

<Trundle> in fact ill send my alt over :P

<Trundle> sending Heidi :P

<Trundle> i remember this place... tuon lived around here :P

<Trundle> might be exact same spot :P

<Trundle> hope she didnt quit :(

<Rockybalboa> many players quit :S

<Rockybalboa> good one

------------------

<Heidi> but i thought ud ally with me first before i leave mine :P so all my alts can come here

<Heidi> i have 22 alts :P

<Heidi> got 6 clients open

<Rockybalboa> are u premium?

<Heidi> not til the 4th

<Heidi> why?

<Rockybalboa> only way to run it is to be citizen

<Rockybalboa> as*

<Heidi> i know

<Rockybalboa> becose i need to use it too as mayor in my ally

------------------

Edited by RockyBalboa

In my opinion this deed should be returned to Rocky. While above log is not very clear on the matter, if it can be verified then such action falls under griefing. Even if not, this entire matter calls for change/clarification in rules because it is clearly a PvP behaviour and such is supposed not to be allowed in Freedom.

i will just add that, in that case goes wrong many things, with person who can invite new players we have also deal (about who is owner and mayor), and he broke that. So if someone broke so many rules ... idk... what to say... i will look for chat logs and post that ....

This whole "deal"/agreement falls more towards player-to-player interaction and less outside the rules, in my opinion. The voting thing aside, you invited someone onto your deed and gave them permissions to do as they please. The rules don't cover "breaking agreements". In fact, I recall Rolf and/or the rules basically saying that people skipping out on payment or trades is buyer beware.

I don't like this situation any more than the rest of you, and I am barely - barely - leaning towards returning the deed back to Rocky. I'd say do that, cite the misuse of alts, and post a notice that going forward "these are the rules and you can lose your deed if you fail to mind them."

This whole "deal"/agreement falls more towards player-to-player interaction and less outside the rules, in my opinion. The voting thing aside, you invited someone onto your deed and gave them permissions to do as they please. The rules don't cover "breaking agreements". In fact, I recall Rolf and/or the rules basically saying that people skipping out on payment or trades is buyer beware.

I don't like this situation any more than the rest of you, and I am barely - barely - leaning towards returning the deed back to Rocky. I'd say do that, cite the misuse of alts, and post a notice that going forward "these are the rules and you can lose your deed if you fail to mind them."

Except that this is on Freedom where the whole point of buying deeds is to protect your plot of land and if you are the mayor basically make it untouchable. Which is the only reason why people put $ into it. While for this current deed they might get away with it just because it isn't technically illegal........from this point forward, it should be. I think Rocky's taking this very well or at least as well as can be expected. I think I'd walk out on wurm if it happened to me.