Sign in to follow this  
Elen

Can I Transport Offline People Across Server Borders On My Boat?

Can I transport offline people across server borders on my boat? Obviously, they are on the boat when they logged out.

I think not but I figured I would double check as it would make my current task as a ferry-man for a bunch of friends much easier.

Can't do it on the Epic servers. Not sure about the other servers though. When you log off and the boat crosses over, it drops you back where you last logged off.

Expected 'dern' is expected ... TY for the verification though.

Aye they would have to log back in before crossing the border while online. Otherwise you can transport offline people around a map just fine.

Come to think of it the behavior may be a bug, since the server is unable to find the ship and defaults to the last site.

I think firstly you contact some expert who really know bout this process so you dont go in trouble.

Can't do it on the Epic servers. Not sure about the other servers though. When you log off and the boat crosses over, it drops you back where you last logged off.

Is that way for all clusters.

Each server stores a players 'last login position', with a flag if on a boat.

When the boat changes position on the same server you log in at the flag position (the boat),

if the boat leaves the actual server or a server reboot happens the flag is gone and the 'last login position' is used.

(Using epic portals saves the 'last login position' in the same way)

Bottom line: as a player you need to be logged in to change servers

Also as a passenger, you will be forced to relog once your crossing from one server to another. At least that is what it used to do to me. I would have to relog every time. If this has been fixed, I'll have to test that. ( Speaking about Epic servers only here .. from experience. Not tried server crossing on any other server cluster. )

Edited by TorakTu