Sign in to follow this  
silakka

Spiders Spiders And More Spiders!

When I moved to Deliverance there was one thing I noticed, scary spiders and hellhounds.

Im very glad that where I lived was a Guard Tower.. otherwise it would of been impossible to do anything.

I used to love collecting pets in Independence map, but I really needed a own place since everywhere was crowded, that's the reason why I picked Deliverance.

After living few days near that Guard Tower, me and my friend still kept dying, because we were in middle of forest and could get easily trapped when hellhounds/spiders arrive.

We sailed over 8hours and found a perfect spot near water. Everytime mobs came we ran in to water and killed them slowly, but we still didnt manage without a Guard Tower so we nolifed one up in 2days with very low skills.

Now we are living happily and getting 100spider meats a day <_<, but everytime I wanna go explore a bit I come back running with 4 spiders and a hellhound calling 'help' 'guards!'

6 tower guards died already today, may their souls rest in peace xD.

To the actual suggestion:

Reduce the amount of Spiders and hellhounds. Im not askin to replace them with rats or cats, but there is just too much of them.

Everytime I turn my head around I see 5-10spiders in front. I need to run dodging them and it's really bad.. even CAs and 70+ fightin skill people say that they get annoying.

too much is too much =)

(this might belong in suggestions, but this is only about Deliverance server)

Move out of the woods into some other type of terrain. If you live on desert or steppe, you wont see nearly as much spiders as when youre in a treeful area.

Move out of the woods into some other type of terrain. If you live on desert or steppe, you wont see nearly as much spiders as when youre in a treeful area.

As I earlier stated, I live now on a mountain and im safe, but if i wanna go explore its too dangerous.

Living here is fine but everything around the server is not. I love to explore very big distances =) and I keep seeing bodies of people all the time :S

(im not moving out, took so long to find this perfect spot)

You must be close to spawners.

Everywhere ive been in has been the same..

Maybe im havin rly rly bad luck with spawners or it's on whole server.

Edited by silakka

Then if you want to go into areas where the spiders are a good horse is the best solution if you dont want to fight them. Theyre easily outran.

Then if you want to go into areas where the spiders are a good horse is the best solution if you dont want to fight them. Theyre easily outran.

yea.. im waitin the day when i get 21 body control to get one.

Ive been 1week prem and im only 20.21 body ctrl and idk where to find a horse anyway :s

You must be close to spawners.

Spiders don't exclusively come from spawners, hence why there are so many of them.

The spawn system is broken (again).

I am not talking about the fact that the caps should be adjusted so we get more non-aggro animals than aggro's, but about the fact that 70% of aggro's are spiders, that only unicorn lairs exist, not deer or dog lairs.

But yeah, move away from the forest if you want to get away from spiders, they spawn in forests.

Hit up a practise doll till 20 fs, get a decent weapon and armour and fight the buggers.

The amount of spiders wont be lessened for one person.

No one is taking care of the roads anymore, a year ago most of the highways I saw were fenced off against random attacks from the forest, not so anymore.

Edited by Keldun

Silakka,

I agree with you that an excess of spiders seem to spawn on Deliverance, as when my deed holder there leaves the deed he always needs to be weary of their frequent assault. I doubt that anything will be done to reduce their spawning at this rate. You have done the smart thing by building a guard tower for their help and I think that is the best you can do to get some protection from them. Unfortunately if you enjoy exploring further afield you will have to be running away from them quite often. Also I have noticed that they seem to have a preference to attack horses while ridden and I have lost a few mounts to them so that I now prefer to ride a horse cart, put on my full suit of armor and hop off the cart to fight them (to avoid fight penalty and cart damage). Safe journeys.

=Ayes=

Spiders don't exclusively come from spawners, hence why there are so many of them.

The spawn system is broken (again).

I am not talking about the fact that the caps should be adjusted so we get more non-aggro animals than aggro's, but about the fact that 70% of aggro's are spiders, that only unicorn lairs exist, not deer or dog lairs.

But yeah, move away from the forest if you want to get away from spiders, they spawn in forests.

I happen to have an alert unicorn spawn 5 min away and a dog lair 1 tiles off deed :) But there still are a billion spiders....rather bothersome. I want to see more fierce crocs :)

I like spiders.

But would like to see more crocodiles, trolls etc. It does seem to me that the spawns are working, just that the two closest spawns to me are spider lairs. Maybe Deliverance has a spider plague right now?

silakka just ask people who are training about the spiders in your area and im sure some will go there just to get a bit more FS, i personaly just go around killing all the unis trolls and spider around me deed, Clear out some trees too, spiders love trees get yourself some open space, and i think alot of aggros spawn near mountains

Where are you located? PM me on the forums ill come clean up for ya if you need.

Where are you located? PM me on the forums ill come clean up for ya if you need.

Spiders and hell hounds describes Deli accurately... I got my FS from 20 to 60 just by living on Deli for around 4 months. Buy/make yourself some good gear (armour, sword/maul, shield etc) and train up for "the war" ;)

Best way to do fighting is with a shaft on a practice dummy until 20 and then to go out hunting (on a horse as it boosts how well you can fight) and take a lot of cotton and maybe a friend too. After 30-40FS Deli becomes a lot safer x)

I don't necessarily think it's spawning problems, more that vast areas of Deli are unpopulated and hence infested.

I set up a deed not too long ago in the woods. My spirit templar keeps my deed safe and provides me with a ton of meat, but If I ever want to go to green dog its a challenege because of all the dangerous monsters on the way there.

But I like that, gives it more of a challenge. I do agree however that there should be more neutral spawns instead of trolls, spiders, ect..

Oh and too many unicorns too.

I set up a deed not too long ago in the woods. My spirit templar keeps my deed safe and provides me with a ton of meat, but If I ever want to go to green dog its a challenege because of all the dangerous monsters on the way there.

But I like that, gives it more of a challenge. I do agree however that there should be more neutral spawns instead of trolls, spiders, ect..

Oh and too many unicorns too.

exactly.

a balance

I see unicorns A LOT they are like spiders =p

they dont harm me.. but nobody needs so many

My priest likes unicorns:D

no such thing as too many unicorns... they are none aggro and they mostly bruise (farmers salves fix that) they give amazing skill for their relatively weakness compared to spiders crocs and trolls which give little skill compared to their lethality... so yeah no such thing of too much of an animal that give wild hides, healing cover materials and alot of meat :D they are a deli blessing in a sea of spiders which just give meat or nothing

Spiders are among the best for skill-gain compared to their difficultly. They're quite easy to kill if you have decent equipment and 10-25FS, even if dismounted.

Unicorns are actually harder to kill as they take at least 2-3 more hits to kill for a standardly-equipped person. They also give less Fight Skill and Weapon Skill than a spider does. If you're using Mind Stealer, you get Body Control most of the time from Spiders as well.

Edited by Xallo

I love spiders. what's wrong with them ?

They love my horse more then any other animal out there. I think its a fetish.

hahah true that spiders are easier but unis are none aggro and when you do need to heal just back off 5 tiles and they go peaceful again, plus like i said spiders only give meat, unis give hides meat and horns