Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Wurm Bronze Pendants For Sale!

I have received a sample of the first Wurm jewelry in the form of a bronze pendant of the deity Fo. You may be surprised by the looks of the deity of Creation and Love, but this of course is how he looks when he is upset. The foe Fo if you wish:

tumblr_mcnllbTHoG1rpqqd3.jpg

The pendant is a few centimeters high in solid bronze and delivered in a very nice box. It gives me a mix of that perfect figurine feeling from places like Games Workshop and solid jewelry work. It is modelled from the real Wurm 3D model of Fo designed by our Art Director Emil Norrman.

The person who decided to start this project is Kryn Maartens, a dutch jeweller who plays Wurm by the name of Atazoth. This is what he said when he suggested this:

“I love the game and I’m sure others do as well. It would be nice to have something from inside the game in your hand”

Kryn makes high class jewelry items which he has delivered to for instance players in the Dutch national soccer team. The quality of work is noticable and I’m really proud and happy that we can offer something like this to our players!

The Fo items are for sale on his website at http://www.kryn.nl/WurmOnline.html - remember to put it on your wish list for Christmas or make sure to get your numbered item already today!

Rolf

View the full article
  • Like 8

Isn't that one of his avatars?

Fo himself is portrayed as a bearded human with roots for legs.

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 1

I would guess this will be the "Manifestation of Fo" creature.

looks nice, but would rather have it ingame :P

• Like 2

Also, make plushie cavebugs. I'd buy one.

+1

• Like 2

Any troll figurines around the size of a mug that can be used as a pen/pencil holder?

Any troll figurines around the size of a mug that can be used as a pen/pencil holder?

Bre careful of getting an eyeshot from the pencil... those troll holders are nasty.

It just seems overpriced to me for what it is maybe i am just not a fan of bronze. I would have much rather seen a cheaper painted plastic model then this one. If nothing else it might make a nice keychain but seems like a very high priced keychain at 55e that is $71 US Dollars. It does not even give the dimensions of the pendent to know what size it really is.

That price includes 20€ worldwide shipping, but it's still steep, the production of these pendants should be less than 5€. I'd like to know how much goes to Wurm and how much goes to the artist.

Also it's really disappointing that both, the artist and Rolf get the description of the item wrong.

very pricey... my first thoughts upon seeing this were "Looks cool"... then I saw the price...

Edited by KyleBooze

Wow this is way cool ata, sign me up:P

And the 55E includes shipping? Cause its probably heavy so just want to double check that.

Also any chance you'll do the other three deitys in the future?

I think its great we are seeing more Wurm swag out here, other than killstreak there seems to be nothing for little Wurm irl bits.

Yup bonegetter,

Thats included indeed. :)

Also any chance you'll do the other three deitys in the future?
Edited by krinos78

The raw material in it costs me more than that, as its solid bronze.

Wow, you might want to check out other vendors in that case.

The market values for different sorts of bronze are less than 10€/Kg. While you are likely to pay more for small quantities, it shouldn't be that high and the pendant shouldn't be that heavy either.

I give a big +1 for the idea, production and supply of these works of art.

That said I'd like to make a comment to those commenting about the price. I'm a business owner, and as such have first hand experience in pricing products for sale and know what it takes to get them on shelves for consumers. I understand that we would all like to have mementos such as these at incredibly low prices, but that is not the reality of life or logic. Please note below potential factors producers must address before pricing an item:

• The time/effort it took to design the item, including meetings/discussions.
  • The artists skill/expertise to sculpt the original mold. Assuming each is not made by hand individually.
  • The tools/facilities necessary to produce these items were not free and this must be accounted for by the producer.
  • The materials used (which often range in quality and therefore expense). In this case a solid bronze, not plated only.
  • The shipping it costs him/her to aqcuire the various raw materials.
  • These are likely not massed produced in the real sense of the term as it pertains to savings. In the industry, mass production where costs drop significantly is usually at least 10'000 units.
  • Wherever these materials/production faciilities are kept there is an ongoing rent or mortgage that must be accounted for.
  • Even a proper web presence costs money.

• The producer does not work just to cover his costs, he wants to be able to pay for his wurm addiction etc. etc.
  • The above truly are just some of the potential factors, and more than justify the price already.

Our consumer perspectives have been warped by low quality trinkets that cost next to nothing coming from countries that pay their workers $1 a day. This is not that type of product. It's a luxury item, and nobody is forced to buy it. Yes we all would want one, and not everybody should afford one, that is life presently.

Consider that if you decided to produce one of these yourself from scratch with the proper materials/tools and assuming you had the skill, the cost would be... much much more. Consumers rarely think of how much the infrastructure costs, that is needed to get products to market.

So, in my lengthy opinion, please lets stop addressing the expense. And thank you for making this item available.

Yes we want one, or five. No we are not all entitled to have one.

Those are my 87 cents (inflation).

• Like 10

If that's Canadian inflation levels, I won't be heading over there!

I'm really looking forward to seeing what other items will be available in the future :)

Bleh US inflation has been out of control (despite the idea for having a Federal Reserve) ever since the implementation of an elastic currency. The original intent to counter the bank runs and other financial panics was all well and good; however, in the long term the dollar is just becoming worth less and less.

Personally Id rather have a few brush fires, then have a bloody firestorm building up.

Sign in to follow this