Sign in to follow this  
yarnevk

Deed Perimeter Check Is Using Longest Rather Than Infringing Dimension.

When attempting to resize the North South vertical the deed form complained that I cannot expand in that direction because it infringes on my West neighbor! For adjustment by one in NS dimension I have to adjust the EW dimension by one for survey to succeed. It seems both perimeter and deed size survey checks are using the longest deed dimension as if square rather than rectangular when it should use the narrower dimension of the rectangle since that is the bounding side. It may also be initial sizing that is bugged, but I started small so can only verify resizing.

I live on a mountain and the 'infringement' is for a waterfront property whose perimeter line is at least 5-10 away from my perimeter, but I always fall down the cliff trying to verify the actual line. I am currently building off deed/perimeter structures above the cliff in the wild between us in hopes this gets fixed as this currently limits my NS length and my EW width despite a large gap between W perimeters.

I am willing to attempt resize while a dev/GM watches online if needed for debugging, eastern US time zone 8pm-12am.

If not fixed I guess I will have a priest alt deed a fitting southern square while my main deeds the remaining northern section where there is no western neighbor, but that is a poor workaround that leaves a 5+5 perimeter in the NS middle that I want to be a proper deed.

Edited by yarnevk

" For adjustment by one in NS dimension I have to adjust the EW dimension by one for survey to succeed."

Are you running into the restriction that the "length" cannot be more then 4x the "width" ? (i.e. You are already at that limit, so to go N you need one more W, and that hits the neighbor ?)

No it is only 9x 11y in cardinal directions from the deed marker which totals +4 on one side, I ended up more square since the bug was preventing both the x and y I wanted. I also tried it with extra perimeter rather than deed and survey still thought it was interfering with my neighbors x. So as long as you are sure it is 4:1 aspect limit as I did read some some forum confusion if it was +4 allowing for only slightly rectangular, others have said they have very rectangular deeds that go beyond +4.

I may still do the L-shaped two deed workaround even if the bug is fixed as my cliff diving attempts at survey I realize there is a lot of unclaimed waterfront cliff north of my neighbor just crying for a hidden boat entrance, just need to decide if that is worth the downsides of 5+5 perimeter in the middle of the L! So I would rather have a deed just for the cliff and have my main deed cover all my buildings with a single deed, which means fixing it so my aspect can run to my North and West neighbors actual bounds.

I have a pretty similar layout, and I have an 10 wide orchard in that gap, no one could do much damage there even if they ignored the enclosure rule and bashed the walls.

It would be part of farm and vineyard in my case for the L corner. I really just want the decay reducing deed on the fence and shacks as griefers are rare in the mountains, lot easier for them to cruise the shoreline and leave mountain folk alone! I could do a better L if free to deed to neighbors actual perimeters because then the dual buffer of an L is short vertical rather than wide horizontal.

If anyone wants to try resizing to verify you can always cancel after the survey markers at no cost, and the survey markers are annoying for only a little while especially if you are iterating and you get many markers! This has nothing to do with dual L deeds, that is just my workaround idea, a single deed with only a close neighbor on one side is all that is needed.

I could not find anything on the forum about this and seems like it would have come up right away when rectangle deeds became possible. You do need to have freedom to move in one dimension though, so maybe everybody is locked in on all sides and did not realize the bug is there, or did they just trust what the survey said rather than pacing out their own map?

Edited by yarnevk

Looking for others that can trial survey and manually examine borders to be sure expansion possible in one dimension but not the other. Does survey complain you can't expand because the other dimension you are not changing is infringing? Did you expand your survey to the point of infringement only to find out after examining tiles outside your borders and find they are of the lands of wurm rather than the neighbors perimeter? Bugs only get looked at if others say they have the same problem, so please help out! If someone else can expand then there is something else going on here.

Edited by yarnevk

I have manually surveyed the deed tokens, deed and perimeter borders and connecting roads.

The deed the survey allowed me to create puts my southwest corner on their northeast corner. Thus when I try to expand north-south their east perimeter would border my west perimeter, and the bug is that the east-west border check applies the north-south dimensions in the east-west direction for this literal corner case, even though north-south expansion would fit just fine.

Edited by yarnevk

Yeah there seems to be an error in the expansion check. it has been noted before but it was dismissed as a stupid player or something.

Apparently you can expand a deed perimeter against the other, but you can't expand sideways along another perimeter. (might be that that only applies when you want to cross the corner)

A workaround if your deed is big enough could be: reduce east- west by one, increase north-south as you want then increase one east-west.

Edited by Keldun

I almost tried that workaround, varying perimeter vs. deed, the problem was my outer perimeter ended up the same corner was touching because I wanted to cover my mine door and I did not realize their corner was just one diag. tile over, the land is confusing because it is a diagonal shoreline where I am.

So get skinny, then get tall, then get fat is a suitable workaround?

I did decide to do an alt yesterday as I messed up my cooking skills not realizing you really do have to grind paired recipes within your level rather than just throwing things together in one pan because you are hungry like a real survivor .

So that alt will get the foot deed of a combined L as my tedious mapping indicated the the leg of an L down the cliffs will give me a small triangle of unclaimed waterfront that does not even have a connected highway yet, so that is worth the decay cost of vineyards and pasture being internal perimeter and the hassle of being on alts.

So I will try that iterative resize approach when I redeed this weekend, hope don't have to wait 24hrs on each resize though! I do think cutting cross corners that is the issue, but I am waiting for the last wall of a 3x5 house to fall before I can start the deed already past the corner rather than just resizing perimeter over the decaying house. Was 96% dmg last night but I waited for hours and it never changed.

Edited by yarnevk

Moving the token to be between the NS corner of the neighbor is the workaround that worked, I could expand NS to my limits of aspect ratio (4:1) just fine. Of course that means I had to buy the road south of me to cover my vineyards north of me due to deed symmetry requirements, but I shall have plenty of spider meat since my guard has been having a field day rooting out their nests. It would have been better if the token could be NE of their NE corner but that is what triggers this dimension bug.

It is only until I fence the vineyard in, as others pointed out in this thread what if someone broke the rules and bashed the fence? I would lose some grapes and have to repair a fence, not a big deal. Not worth paying every month for the huge deed, especially with the new rule change that says I can't loose control of it to a neighbor once I gatehouse fence in the vineyard.