Sign in to follow this  
Griffith

Buoys For Fishing Spots

Probably been mentioned before but i havent seen it.

instead of using boats to mark fishing spots a buoy thats medium

difficulty to build, like 50 carp, and that decays fairly quick, say in

about a weeks time.

n77Cn.jpg

• Like 2

well the point is to not overcrowd the servers with them, and also fishing spots change.

if they dont need a lot of materials to build i dont see any inconvenience.

but its just a wish list item. i wont hold my breath

I do agree however I could also see someone making about 50 of them and randomly dropping them as they go during a sailing trip. Since rowboats are a bit harder to make it isn't often that you will see 50 of them marking fishing spots randomly.

Boats for fishing spots are handy as the owner usually lets you embark passenger so you can fish off em

Buoys are usefull for more general stuff as well, they are essentially floating signs and could mark waterways or harbours.

It has been suggested before and I think the most favourable recipe was small barrel, small/pointing sign and mooring anchor.

The mooring anchor alone will probably ensure that people won't spam it all over the place.

Buoys are usefull for more general stuff as well, they are essentially floating signs and could mark waterways or harbours.

It has been suggested before and I think the most favourable recipe was small barrel, small/pointing sign and mooring anchor.

The mooring anchor alone will probably ensure that people won't spam it all over the place.

This seems like a winner right here. Could set the decay rate higher if you like since it'll always be in water.

Love this idea for signs and marking stuff, +1 :)

Why not let them be created from metal. Iron or steel. You have you use lead to make an 'anchor ball' and attach it to the buoy. Then it's a finished item and you can go around and 'Plant' them in the water to mark shallow areas, etc. Making them out of wood is pretty weak, although we have wooden boats, they don't rot out fast. This way it can be used for general purpose, instead of just making fishing spots.

As I said in another thread, I didn't think first about fishing spot but to indicate shallow water or deep water canal for big ships in some interior lakes.