Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

Leading Animal Without Rope

We have that already

Click a tile, mouse of the Pet option and click "Go here"

Edited by Ezalor

I don't think that is exactly what he ment. Try a follow option, if you can "lead" with a rope, why couldn't we be able to "Lead" without a rope and use Follow command?

Edited by Tekada

But ropes are like, tiny, and easy to make, so I don't really see why you can't just carry one around? Next you'll be asking to be able to groom without a grooming brush or carry water without a container or something silly like that, -1

But ropes are like, tiny, and easy to make, so I don't really see why you can't just carry one around? Next you'll be asking to be able to groom without a grooming brush or carry water without a container or something silly like that, -1

Our Labrador Retriever follows my daughter all over the place without a leash. Our horse follows her when she says come and he would probably follow her all day. If she is riding the horse the dog will still follow. I don't see a problem with something that is factual. The follow command for a tamed pet is simply an every day occurance, nothing special. The only thing silly is your comment.

BTW, you can groom without a brush. Most people call it petting.

+1 for Follow command

-1 for silly comments :P

Edited by Clatius
  • Like 1

+1

Although you'll have to add a random failure (based on skill) on following and the chance of failure will increase the longer the pet is following you. Even a highly trained pet can get distracted by something to make it stop following you. Be it the smell of food, or another creature (mating season?) and most definitely when danger is threatening. Best keep that rope on you, just in case..

+1

Although you'll have to add a random failure (based on skill) on following and the chance of failure will increase the longer the pet is following you. Even a highly trained pet can get distracted by something to make it stop following you. Be it the smell of food, or another creature (mating season?) and most definitely when danger is threatening. Best keep that rope on you, just in case..

you don´t need random failures, there is a trait allready that makes the animal more unreliable, so no need to add the random failing.

you don´t need random failures, there is a trait allready that makes the animal more unreliable, so no need to add the random failing.

For some reason in Wurm people love to add random failure and extra complexity to every implemented idea.

• Like 1

-1 this lowers the usefulness/value of rope

So... rope is used in shipbuilding and sacrificing... wells... catapults... it has more uses than tree stumps, lead, tin, hazelnuts, need I go on? What exactly is the problem about lowering the value of rope? That's not a good reason.

If an animal is tamed to 50, people should be able to lead it without a rope.

-1 until some reason is given where this would be useful.

-1 until some reason is given where this would be useful.

LMFAO. This is sooo funny. Nothing in this game is useful. It all consumes time that could be better used doing something constructive. Time is a non renewable resource. Better get up off your butt and do something useful, eh?

But on a game level, you wouldn't need to use rope. How's that? Isn't this about the only game where a pet needs to have a rope to follow you? What's with that?

Edited by Clatius
  • Like 1

LMFAO. This is sooo funny. Nothing in this game is useful. It all consumes time that could be better used doing something constructive. Time is a non renewable resource. Better get up off your butt and do something useful, eh?

But on a game level, you wouldn't need to use rope. How's that? Isn't this about the only game where a pet needs to have a rope to follow you? What's with that?

I didn't intend to be funny, I intended to point out that a suggestions needs more than :"If an animal is tamed to 50, people should be able to lead it without a rope." There needs to be a reason for why it should be implemented.

Are you the OP btw? I only see you attacking everyones opinions but we still don't know why the OP wants it.

I didn't intend to be funny, I intended to point out that a suggestions needs more than :"If an animal is tamed to 50, people should be able to lead it without a rope." There needs to be a reason for why it should be implemented.

Are you the OP btw? I only see you attacking everyones opinions but we still don't know why the OP wants it.

I'm not the one that attacked the suggestion by saying it needs a reason. If you can't stop and think in a positive manner about this suggestion then I propose that you are attacking this persons suggestion by saying something simplistic like 'there needs to be a reason' without realizing there are many reasons. Ever lead an animal and lose it on a fence corner? Ever need a rope to catch a horse you come across quite by accident but the only rope you have is leading your tamed pet? Ever pass a gate and your pet gets hung up on the entrance? Those are just off the top of my head. Duh.

If there's no good reason for something, a reason that warrants the devs spending the time required to implement it, then it is not really worthwhile

1. Ever lead an animal and lose it on a fence corner?

2. Ever need a rope to catch a horse you come across quite by accident but the only rope you have is leading your tamed pet?

3. Ever pass a gate and your pet gets hung up on the entrance?

1. Pathing issue, removing the rope from the equation would solve nothing as you'd still have to go back to re"lead" it.

2. Stop leading tamed pet, lead horse, embark horse, lead tamed pet.

3. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, never passed a gate and had an animal stop. But again like 1. if it would get hung up somewhere, you'd still have to re"lead".

-1, next.

1. Pathing issue, removing the rope from the equation would solve nothing as you'd still have to go back to re"lead" it.

2. Stop leading tamed pet, lead horse, embark horse, lead tamed pet.

3. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, never passed a gate and had an animal stop. But again like 1. if it would get hung up somewhere, you'd still have to re"lead".

-1, next.

Thus the reason for no rope. Follow wouldn't have the same problems cuz it wouldn't be 'tethered' by a rope. But then maybe it's more a collision detection issue in which case it's a totally different problem.

I have never seen a rope strung between you and the animal. The rope is just a required game element. Other than that the animal is just following you.

If there is a fence between your position and the animals position the server breaks the connection and you stop leading the animal. If it was following you without a rope it would just stop following you.

Having a rope to lead an animal is just a game requirement like having a pelt to polish something.

I have never seen a rope strung between you and the animal. The rope is just a required game element. Other than that the animal is just following you.

If there is a fence between your position and the animals position the server breaks the connection and you stop leading the animal. If it was following you without a rope it would just stop following you.

Having a rope to lead an animal is just a game requirement like having a pelt to polish something.

Yay. Finally, an understanding. You're right. Follow command. Without the rope the pet will follow you, not as it would with a rope, but as a spider would if it were chasing you. So there's no 'server break' as you call it. I was worried there was a comprehension problem. Guess not.

If so then make the animal stop following you at random.

If so then make the animal stop following you at random.

Why?

Make your bow string break at random and smack you in the eye blinding you. Make your sword break in two at random. Make your shovel handle break at random. Make your boat spring leaks at random and sink in the middle of the ocean drowning you. Make all your livestock sicken and die at random. Make your house fall down at random.

These all happen so let's do it in game, right? I mean, why make it fun? Let's just have people die at random and lose experience or even better, have to start over with a new character. People perma die in real life right?