Sign in to follow this  
topkos

Limitations On Ingame Mail

Lift mailbox limitations  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Simply , lift limitations on Ingame Mail

• Yes
    • No

Please Rolf lift the limitations on the ingame mail. Its really hurting the economy for some professions like weaponsmiths. Or at least do something that makes sense, like if you cant mail a longsword you cant mail a large anvil either.

I'm sorry I dont believe that an easier mail system favors X or Y crafter. I believe that the best and not only on skill mastery are succesful because of many reasons like trust, efficiency, punctuality, etc etc.

I still buy my weapons from the one of the most recognized and loved Weaponsmiths and he lives 15 min in a boat or horse ride from my house. Do i buy from him because he lives closer? or because he is cheap?

No, but because i can give him my 10s longsword and I know he will be in game tomorrow or the day after tomorrow and if he takes a break he will announce that.

So I'm just asking for mail system that really makes sense. Can't mail a longsword? Perfect. Let's not mail a maul or large maul either.

Edited by topkos
  • Like 9

Limitations on ingame mail discourage the "auction house" mentality, and allow for local economies to develop on servers and in small areas. That being said, there are SOME limitations on what items can be mailed that it would not hurt to lift.

Please Rolf lift the limitations on the ingame mail. Its really hurting the economy

What limitations?

I suggest to add more limitations to encourage local trade and travelling merhants.

• Like 5

+1

Limitations on mail don't encourage me to do anything but not bother buying anything I can't get by mail. This is a sandbox game, and my play style will never include a lot of traveling or building up a local economy. Some like that, fine, they are free to do so, nothing stopping them. I just hermit at my deed and work on landscaping projects and skilling. Someone tell me right now how it's good for the game that I can't buy a shovel and a longsword over mail? Nonsense. I wish Rolf would stop 'encouraging' (read: forcing) us to play within a certain narrow vision of the game.

• Like 2

I agree to lift limitations up, not where you can mail a Corbita or something lol, but so thatit's easier to get things. I for one don't buy a lot of items because they are across server(s) and are not able to be mailed. It makes it hard because I don't have a very good mode of transportation(sailboat) to be able to get anywhere -.-

I think they would help not just the economy but the global economy too by encouraging more trade

So +1 to limits being lifted

Yes, they're INSANE. Bulk items shouldn't be mailed, don't lower mail cost, just get rid of the freaking dumb restrictions. Not being able to mail horse shoes is so ridiculous I have to scream.

• Like 1

I suggest to add more limitations to encourage local trade and travelling merhants.

Right now, the limitations are only encouraging cross server trade, since you can wrap a lot of things and then send them in server. In addition, it's doubling the delivery cost, since you need a barrel too. So it's actually harming local trade.

I do a lot of trades on foot or in my boats.

Why hasn't anyone taken up the job of postman?

• Like 1

This is bad because it globalizes the marketplace. This means that a few people can dominate the entire market. It makes it harder for new players to catch up to more experianced ones. There are several "niches" in Wurm Online. In a local market, there can be more people for each niche because of the large travel distance requires each area to have its own person specializing in it.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

The mail system is fine as is now, if you don´t like to travel hire someone to make the deliveries for you.

And also a big -1 to any kind of global auction houses, or golbal merchants sharing goods, that will be the nail in the cofin of player drived markets.

In fact I will be in favor of more limitations, make the price system vary by weigth and volume, so heavy or bigger things cost more to mail. Sure i can mail a large 150kg anvil from Bolivia to Beijing irl, but it will not be cheap.

Salu2.

• Like 2

I'm selling a nicely enchanted sword. 90 LT? oh yeah, I'd love ot buy that. Can you mail it to me? No, I'm afraid I can't mail longswords. Oh, youre on Celebration? Nevermind then. Yeah no one else can cast LT on my server, but hey, it's really not worth sailing 3 hours for a sword. And no, I'm not going to bring in a possibly unreliable third party to do my shipping.

Screw the local market, if people want to compete with the existing merchants they should make themselves more competetive rather than forcing people to buy from them becuase stuff can't be mailed. I want to buy from someone who I like, who I chose to send my money to, who I know I can trust with my good stuff and who I know will do what they promise and not bail out halfway. It doesn't matter where that person is, I will do busines with them rather than someone who does not have the above qualities, and I shouldn't be forced to becuase people want to make money without being competetive.

• Like 4

Ugh, some of you are terrible, screw the friggin' economy, this is a game. Oh no, god forbid we can mail a healing cover again, the sky's gonna fall and doom will rain upon us all.

Keep your limitations on your Freedom servers if you want, remove the garbage from PvP servers so we can mail each other our imped weapons and get on with our lives instead of role playing a mailman.

• Like 3

Well opinions are like asses, every one has one and think his one stink less than the others.

And btw in a trully sandbox game maybe you don´t have some nice fayries to take your itmes to hand it to someone in the other side of the world.

And the garbage of a man is the treasure of another man.

Salu2.

I would have em lifted .... there just is no point in the limitations as it doesn't encourage teamplay or traveling at all.

I would just rather see a return to the previous system of mailing, where certain items had to be wrapped and sent in a barrel or whatever. While the current system encourages inter -server travel, it is having an adverse effect on what can be mailed and to where. I can't send swords for example, even on the same server as a prospective customer. I either have to travel to them or vice- versa.

• Like 1

Voted yes. It is crazy not to be able to mail a ls have it imp'd and sent back to you.

What you are suggesting about role playing mailmen... is extremely open to abuse. If there is any desirable items the mailman sees, and he has low enough morality, you will lose that item.

Freighting someones valuables requires trust, and trust takes time to build. So the only option left for a lot of people is now instead that you have to sail however far you need to deliver the items. Travel in wurm for travels sake is the most boring activity there is.

You can't even use the fantastic addition to be able to craft in a boat if you're the captain, since sailing takes up stamina...

• Like 1

Local markets are better then global markets imo. Since each area needs its own people in each specialty, there are more job opportunities available.

Also, if one person on independence decided to sell 70ql chain sets for 20c a piece, everyone else would be forced to do the same in order to compete. This would ruin the entire market since it is global.

Travel in wurm for travels sake is the most boring activity there is.

People like it because you can go afk while sailing. Removing the need of boats would hurt the boat building industry and the transporting industry.

What you are suggesting about role playing mailmen... is extremely open to abuse. If there is any desirable items the mailman sees, and he has low enough morality, you will lose that item.

Freighting someones valuables requires trust, and trust takes time to build. So the only option left for a lot of people is now instead that you have to sail however far you need to deliver the items.

There are people who own transport companies that can transport things for you. If they prove to be untrustworthy, then you could warn other people about them and they would go out of business. This forces them to be honest in how they do their work. Most industries in Wurm work this way. If you have problems trusting people or you can't afford transporting companies, you can easily use an alt going afk to transport. By using the autorun key (x) you can move without having to constantly control the boat.

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 1

Undercutting is part of the market. If someone sells for that cheap, they'll either be swamped with orders and not able to complete them all within a reasonable time, or they'll burn out and quit or start charging more. People should have to be competitive to stay in business, not just be the only choice because of a completely bonked mail system.

No, if anything add more restrictions. We dont need more magic auctionhouse style trading where you can send everything over large distances. Use a cart and deliver in person.

• Like 2

No, if anything add more restrictions. We dont need more magic auctionhouse style trading where you can send everything over large distances. Use a cart and deliver in person.

A cart.... lol.