Sign in to follow this  
Saddist

Magranon Spell

not asking for much, as far as i can see all 3 other priest classes have a good spell they can cast on tools and wepons from mid 50's in faith.

yet for some reason magranon dosn't have the same ability.

Mag isn't some pansy God whose priests sit around and enchant all day. Mag gets a ton of passive bonuses that help him murder people

Mag isn't some pansy God whose priests sit around and enchant all day. Mag gets a ton of passive bonuses that help him murder people

Well, one, the damage bonus at 40 faith.

The 70 faith bonus is for when we die :P

Damage bonus when your current favor is 40+

I've been a Magranon priest for most of Epic, I dont always have 40 favor and I still hit the same.

Yeah, most of the stuff about favor requirements is crap. Its sad how horribly understood priests and their abilities are when there are so many used everywhere.

Not sure what enchant you're claiming Fo has for tools, lol.

bless obviously, duh

• Like 3

Yeah, most of the stuff about favor requirements is crap. Its sad how horribly understood priests and their abilities are when there are so many used everywhere.

I've had Mag priests justifying the insane damage bonus to me, saying they "have to choose between using spells in pvp, or having the damage bonus" as the spells use favor.

I've had Mag priests justifying the insane damage bonus to me, saying they "have to choose between using spells in pvp, or having the damage bonus" as the spells use favor.

i think mag is mainly for fighting, fo is too really and vyn is usually used as an enchanter.. from my expierence

ye mag has flaming aura for a weapon enchant. vyn is frost aura. but they arn't the enchants i was refering too.

i was more or less trying to refer to the mind stealer, life transfer, and whatever the equivelent lib spell is.... they all go on weapons. but for some reason mag who i seen as the god of battle dosn't have a spell that fills that same area.

The real question is what would Mag give up that is for combat to get enchanting?

Maybe give up less item loss on death and damage bonuses?

Edited by Protunia

what did the priests give up. mag priests cant dig or cut wood. ie its damn hard to gain body stamina(mining dosn't do it on epic). that in itself is a massive penalty. Dominate no longer works like it should, instead of 72 hours its lucky if i can dominate something for 6 hours. Desintegrate dosn't work like it used to either, again another nerf. so what should mag give up.... nothing, they've already lost alot.

what did the priests give up. mag priests cant dig or cut wood. ie its damn hard to gain body stamina(mining dosn't do it on epic). that in itself is a massive penalty. Dominate no longer works like it should, instead of 72 hours its lucky if i can dominate something for 6 hours. Desintegrate dosn't work like it used to either, again another nerf. so what should mag give up.... nothing, they've already lost alot.

Id rather see people asking for fixes to spells they consider broken, than to ask for new unbalancing spells that only cause more and more nerfs

are they broken i was led to understand they where altered becuase people felt they where OP, but the other priests dont seem to have had the same nerf to thier spells... id be happy if the spells where changed back to what they where originally. or if the other priests had their spells that that gain at the same faith level nerfed as much as well.

but mag is seen as the god of battle so i dont know what other spell effect he should have. i was thinking perhaps another armour enchant. or stop other priests casting AoSP. perhaps even harden as an enchant so that weapons and armour take less damage.

are they broken i was led to understand they where altered becuase people felt they where OP, but the other priests dont seem to have had the same nerf to thier spells... id be happy if the spells where changed back to what they where originally. or if the other priests had their spells that that gain at the same faith level nerfed as much as well.

If you want to even out the field, Fo lacks an armour enchant. Vynora lacks a pet spell. Fo lacks a combat spell; Magranon and Fo both lack tool enchants. They all four have buffs and weapon enchants, which is about the only thing that is even. Magranon and Libila can archer; making it much easier compared to Fo and Vynora to gain body control, and it provides a great advantage in combat. Then again, Libila has nearly every sort of spell in some form. But on the other hand, Mag priests get a free res stone effect and combat bonus. Magranon gets strongwall, whereas the other priests would have to buy an expensive shaker orb.

The point - just becuase one priest has something, it doesn't mean the other should too. Especially becuase Magranon already has a weapon enchant, and an armour enchant, I just don't see the need to turn him from a fighter into an enchanter even more, or remove it from someone else just becuase you don't feel your priest is special enough. And as far as those nerfs not applying to other priests are concerned.. you should do a little more research about that. Pretty much every priest and spell has been or will be nerfed at some point.

There's quite a lot of "main" magranon priests around on chaos still (I dont know about epic) - a bit less than before with stale pvp - but the fact that mag priests are a common sight in the battlefield says to me they must be good or people wouldn't use them. :P

I agree with Alyeska, I play on a mag priest on Epic and it seems even slightly OP compared to other priests. It does really extremely well in combat with the passives and fire pillar, it can do quite some enchants (lurker in the dark/woods, Flaming Aura, Aosp, a bunch of demise spells), some other unique and commonly asked for spells like Strongwall and you still have plenty of (useful) ways to get your body stats up.

I think the last thing Magranon needs now is a buff

i'm not sure why i believed AoSP was only a mag spell, but i thought it used to be..... was it changed....

you not what guys..... i withdraw most of my arguments...... i've been grinding fightskill these last few days, and now i understand. :)