Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Alt-Tabbing

I know this has been posted before, but it's really bothering me, as well as some others I've talked to in-game.

Whenever you alt-tab out of Wurm, it sometimes locks up your alt key in-game, therefore rendering your binds useless until press alt again.

This used to not be a problem until the last client updates or two.

Tech:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

64-bit Java, Version 7 Update 7 Build 1.7.0_07

Wurm 3.1.74-4002 [unstable] - Windowed Resizeable @ 1920x1080

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

same isssue, same OS/tech specs.

happens every day, every alt tab, almost.

100% between clients, 75% of the time between client and browser.

I've had this problem since I've updated my PC. Both iterations had the same version of Windows 7 64-bit, so it's not OS related. If it's a hardware issue, it'll probably be motherboard-side. Alt is also the key used by Windows to show the Menu bar, or otherwise (in Wurm's case) select the drop-down menu from the title bar's icon - as a result, hitting alt causes Wurm to stop rendering, and alt-tabbing, especially between Wurm clients, can cause Windows-debilitating client lock-ups as a result. (Not to throw my own issue in here but it might be relevant.)

Note; this issue seems relevant to windows resizable mode only. I noticed this when I used resizable, and switched back to windowed with no issue anymore.

Note; this issue seems relevant to windows resizable mode only. I noticed this when I used resizable, and switched back to windowed with no issue anymore.

Resizable mode is due to be replaced with a new implementation soon ™ as LWJGL now has support for it natively. The current method we're using does not get notified about alt key press changes reliably.

• Like 2