Sign in to follow this  
Cartrip

Pc Only, 5-Speed Hell Horses On Indy

Within a few weeks I should have my first 5-speed hell horse. I'm thinking that once I get a breeding pair I'll sell the extraneous males to any takers for a price. But I know that due to the rather stringent requirements to effectively use them, the market would be tiny. A potential rider would need 70+ Animal Taming and 31+ Body Control. And I don't know how bad the periodic burn wounds are. Given the effort of selective breeding and the rarity of 5-speed hell horses I would be looking for substantially more coin than a regular 5-speed horse goes for (70c on Indy currently). If you were able to ride these safely, what would you pay? Note that they go 5 km/h faster than a regular 5-speed horse and they can be equipped with saddle + shoes. You could get speeds of 35-40 km/h on one of these babies depending on the gear. Any thoughts?

Dont think they would be much value on freedom. They take too much skills to ride, keeping them tamed results in FS gain penalties, they cant swim, perma annoying fire sounds and in case they go untamed they more likely would get killed if on deeds. On the other hand they are valuable on epic and pvp servers just cuz they can take quite some beating, especially with a boarding.

I'm fairly certain the extra 5 km/h is only comparing wild horses to wild hell horses, especially seeing very similar speeds comparing one of my hell horses to a normal horse. Though, the bonus is once the speed boost kicks in a few seconds after riding, they never lose the speed.

The burns it gives are anywhere normally from 2-7 damage each.

I raise 5-speed hell horses on Deli server, have quite a lot of them now. Over the many months I have sold ... zero. I kept dropping price, down to 2s currently, but nada. I did give away a few to friends. As said,it takes a very highly skilled player to handle them. It's possible that on a PvP server, they would have more trade value, especially for a Fo battle priest as they they do not aggro the hell horses so I think would not have to worry about burns (unsure), and I don't believe would need to even tame/charm them except to add gear. My fo priest lacks 31 BC so I haven't been able to test them but Alyeska would be a great source of information on them, as I believe she does use them regularly as war mounts for hunting, and would probably be the expert on them. KaiH also uses them as mounts so check with him too. They are extremely tough and durable. I would say 35-40 kh with gear is an underestimate, (since regular 5-speeds can do that range) I would not be surprised if they got about 42-44 kh with gear, and the best part is that unlike regular horses, they maintain that speed.

One major selling point -- they make FANTASTIC cart horses (at least for a Fo farmer type) as you can hitch a younger pair to a cart and get a consistent 25 kh even with no gear -- unlike regular horses, once hell horses hit their top speed, they keep that speed. Unfortunately though they will still aggro on bystanders (and I think also non-Fo passengers.) Older hell horses are "too unruly" to hitch though, but their offspirng are born as adults and can start pulling carts right away. Also deed guards will attack them on sight though you can easily outrun any spirit templars and they are tough enough that even a deed guard has difficulties hurting one if they do happen to land a hit.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Thanks for all the info! So they would not be a reliable source of income. Well, I will keep the 5-speed traits passed along in case I can ever personally make use of them at least. Plus, they are not a bad source of meat and leather meanwhile, due to breeding faster than regular horses.