Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Slightly Extended Maintenance Tomorrow 26.10.12, Lag Testing And Competition

Hi everyone,

There will be slightly extended downtime because we’re going to be replacing a memory module in a router during maintenance tomorrow, 26th October 2012. Hopefully this will fix some issues with unexpected disconnections.

Normal maintenance downtimes are up to about 30 minutes but tomorrow’s maintenance will be closer to one hour if not slightly more.

In other news, on the lag front, MaxC (PRA) has been working on a special purpose-made network testing engine which collects information on connections to the game. He selected these based on players from around the world who volunteered to take part, and whose connections will be analysed.

The hope is that the results of this analysis will allow us to isolate the problem which is causing the annoying lag. We can then take action to eliminate it once and hopefully for all.

Finally, we’ve just launched a mini-competition focused around our social media presence. To take part, all you need to do is like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, then ‘like’ this post on the forum.

The winner will be selected as randomly as possible from the people who have liked the forum post and our Facebook page after we hit 1,000 likes on Facebook. They will receive a set of unique silver tools.

If you object to using social media sites, don’t worry - we plan to have more competitions which will have a purely ingame and forum dimension.

Happy Wurming!

-Wossoo (ross@wurmonline.com)

View the full article
  • Like 16

The winner will be selected as randomly as possible from the people who have liked the forum post and our Facebook page after we hit 1,000 likes on Facebook. They will receive a set of unique silver tools.

Winner or winners ? First sentence is winner, 2nd they ( winners ) .

Waiting for more competitions :)

I've liked both, but my facebook name is different than my wurm name =)

Winner or winners ? First sentence is winner, 2nd they ( winners ) .

"they" is a way of referring to a 3rd party without specifying a gender (e.g. he/she), it does not guarantee multiple people. Just thought I would clear that up.

On a more relevant note, I'm glad to see that efforts are being made, regardless of their success, to try and improve performance in Wurm. :)

• Like 1

And I was wondering why my area ( FM ) is full of noobs now ... That explains it.

Sign in to follow this