Sign in to follow this  
Gramuly

Swim Skills

Swim skills.

I would like to see skills in swimming.

Such skills could be used to carry more heavy items with longer stamina and or a greater speed while in water.

I got this idea while playing in game. I am faster on foot now then when I started the playing Wurm.

I can carry more and go further at a faster pace. I believe I can do this on land and in the water.

I think I am faster and stronger due to the body stats.

I just thought it would be fun to have and extra boost added for time and duration spent swimming.

Would be fun to watch the swimming stats build and to check them from time to time and maybe compete with others.

We may even see players who take a lap around the bay each day.

I see it in real life and think that it would be a good skill to add in the game.

Its could be useful in getting around and in transport but mostly for fun and competition.

Would also allow new players feel like they are getting something while they spend days trying to find where they came from or where they died.

• Like 2

Already have a swimming skill, its ur body stamina :P

Granted there could be an implementation for various techniques.

All suggestions have been mentioned many times over. Other than suggested tweaks to new items/nerfs/buffs/etc I don't think I've seen a new suggestion regarding the core of the game in ages.

Anyway yeah sure better swimming for prosperity or something, we can make signs. +1

how 2 swim?

I don't think we need this. We may have climbing, but when you think about it you cant climb infinitley with nothing on you, even at 70+ skill (Tested on... The test server). But you can however, swim forever with nothing on you. Think of it as an equal trade off.

I got this idea while playing in game. I am faster on foot now then when I started the playing Wurm.

I can carry more and go further at a faster pace. I believe I can do this on land and in the water.

I think I am faster and stronger due to the body stats.

You run the same speed if you started out Wurm yesterday or played for 6 years.

You can carry more and go further because of higher body stamina, that also benefits swimming.

There is simply no need to implement a swimming skill, then everyone would scream for running skill next, etc.

• Like 1

How about a carpeltunnel skill from so many actions in game.

Or how about a Most damage recieved scars achievement

Or how about a horse riding skill

Or how about a danec skill.. really need danec,..

Continues to ponder

Already have a swimming skill, its ur body stamina