Sign in to follow this  
Keldun

All About Traders

Citizens are exempt from tax.

Also taxes are only taken when people buy items with coin.

For example:

Someone bought a trader contract from my public trader.

The Trader got 50s x 25%= 12s50 S and paid my deed 12s50 x 40% = 5s tax. 7s50 remained to be drained.

When you placed the trader did you specify any tax rate? I think the default is 0%

Default is 20% im pretty sure.

Citizens are exempt from tax.

Also taxes are only taken when people buy items with coin.

For example:

Someone bought a trader contract from my public trader.

The Trader got 50s x 25%= 12s50 S and paid my deed 12s50 x 40% = 5s tax. 7s50 remained to be drained.

Weird, only citizens have access to my trader, and yet, taxes were payed...

Weird, only citizens have access to my trader, and yet, taxes were payed...

Is the trader a member of the deed? it should be listed if he is and it sounds like he is not. The trader is a member of the deed that the person that sets it up is a member of regardless of what deed it is set up on. 

Edited by Kegan

When you placed the trader did you specify any tax rate? I think the default is 0%

Did you see this line? > [18:49:14] Taxes paid=0, rate=0.4.

Last trader I placed a few days go had 20% for default. 

What Keldun said is how I thought it works. Although, there are a few different opinions posted in this thread. This is something we can figure out buy recording monetary units when using a few times to: sell to trader, buy them back, and finally do a get info.

My settlement from has the trader as a citizen. It seems to always be at the bottom and its name will be prefixed with, "Trader_". 

Edited by joedobo

Default is 20% im pretty sure.

Yes, default tax rate is 20%

can trader be placed on non-deed area?

Has to be in a finished house and a distance away from other traders (believe its 63 tiles). I'd advise against it seeing how easy it is to take over areas with deed+perimeter over your trader house.

Has to be in a finished house and a distance away from other traders (believe its 63 tiles). I'd advise against it seeing how easy it is to take over areas with deed+perimeter over your trader house.

Yep, know the limit distance and the risk. If I have the trader on MY perimeter, I guess it would be fine.

Hmmm, I was under the distinct impression that Traders *must* be placed upon a deed tile, since if this were not the case there would be no need for others to create these small "Trader Deeds". Those Traders that are off of deeds with houses over them are just remnants from disbanded deeds before the more recent change that made Traders go *poof* when deeds are now disbanded.

=Ayes=

You can place traders off deed inside a building, but 'im purdy sure you need to be a citizen of a village to do so. Traders are linked to the village of the person planting it, not wherever it is planted

Hmmm, I was under the distinct impression that Traders *must* be placed upon a deed tile, since if this were not the case there would be no need for others to create these small "Trader Deeds". Those Traders that are off of deeds with houses over them are just remnants from disbanded deeds before the more recent change that made Traders go *poof* when deeds are now disbanded.

=Ayes=

Problem is it is easy to hijack this trader by perimeter.. and wait the house decay then deed it.

If you put a trader on a top floor then cata the house down does he float? That is the REAL question here...

You can place traders off deed inside a building, but 'im purdy sure you need to be a citizen of a village to do so. Traders are linked to the village of the person planting it, not wherever it is planted

Problem is it is easy to hijack this trader by perimeter.. and wait the house decay then deed it.

Well I was just curious about this point and although I know of places where no one could even place a deed much less expand any perimiter over a 3x3 Trader House, I have no intention to spend 50 silver upon a Trader form to find out. Beyond that, I would then have no use nor interest in having that Trader anyway.

=Ayes=

Well I was just curious about this point and although I know of places where no one could even place a deed much less expand any perimiter over a 3x3 Trader House, I have no intention to spend 50 silver upon a Trader form to find out. Beyond that, I would then have no use nor interest in having that Trader anyway.

=Ayes=

Hi,

As much as I know nothing stop people from deeding except dragons spawn, heritage sites, and mobs (and their dens). Spending 10s on deed to put perimeter to a trader and slowly take over it is less investment than spending 50s for it-- even if the area is not fit for living. Please enlight me if there is more places where deed is not possible.

Hi,

As much as I know nothing stop people from deeding except dragons spawn, heritage sites, and mobs (and their dens). Spending 10s on deed to put perimeter to a trader and slowly take over it is less investment than spending 50s for it-- even if the area is not fit for living. Please enlight me if there is more places where deed is not possible.

If I were to enlighten you in this respect it would just give you and others the opportunities available, which in turn would not serve my best interests nor viewpoints on Traders. With this in mind I won't clarify my statement further. Happy trails.

=Ayes=

If I were to enlighten you in this respect it would just give you and others the opportunities available, which in turn would not serve my best interests nor viewpoints on Traders. With this in mind I won't clarify my statement further. Happy trails.

=Ayes=

10 more silvers won't stop me of putting a trader, thing is what I see is people who don't like traders have many reasons-- one is that they are 'wasted deeds'.