Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

[Competition Closed!] Thanks For Taking Part!

There's some major tin foil hat stuff going on in this thread. If you don't want to do it, then don't, but bringing up the nazis and calling people sheep herders isn't helping anyone.

Also remember, the point is getting the word out for Wurm, not to give away a set of unique tools. The tools are just an incentive, so making a secondary raffle is just pointless.

• Like 1

I await news with great anticipation (and keeping my lockpicks good and shiny). Speaking of lockpicks...

Unique tools are awesome and all but what about us... "treasure hunters"? (Hrm the old phrases never did sound all that good, wealth repomen, relocation engineers, finders-keepers, bleh anyways). Some unbreakable 50ql lockpicks would be awesome, or perhaps rather harder materials which are much more difficult to forge higher ql.

• Like 1

Liked this page long ago shiny silver tools would be very nice gl to all people who actually help wurm with the click of a button

There's some major tin foil hat stuff going on in this thread. If you don't want to do it, then don't, but bringing up the nazis and calling people sheep herders isn't helping anyone.

Also remember, the point is getting the word out for Wurm, not to give away a set of unique tools. The tools are just an incentive, so making a secondary raffle is just pointless.

As someone who has played this game since 2008 and been paying to play for most of that time, I resent the idea that in order to get a chance at a set of UNIQUE TOOLS I must join a website other than Wurm Online, and a website I don't trust, to participate in this contest. If they were giving away high ql items I could get otherwise within the game (even if I had to buy it from a trader) I would not care. So for those of use that do not want to join Facebook, a second raffle should be done, and for the same items. And you have it wrong. The point IS to give away a set of unique tools, in order to promote Wurm.

The point of this promotion was to raise the profile of the facebook page and twitter account, and offer an incentive to do that.

As I have said several times now there will be other competitions for prizes, which will not require external websites, but they will ideally not be the same as the prize offered in this promotion.

The time you have played etc. does not come into account when it comes to who should have more of a chance to win a prize, and of course a chance at a prize is not a right per se but a privilege if you take part as intended. If you don't then fair enough but that's your choice.

Anyway guys 628 now... lets keep pushing on! :)

a better way is to mass promote the game with links that track the original poster of the link.

example: I go into a forum and promote wurm and post a link that says "wurmonline.com" it takes them here, however, it gives me the credit if they join through my link. Kind of like a pyramid scheme.

many free 2 play games do this.

a better way is to mass promote the game with links that track the original poster of the link.

example: I go into a forum and promote wurm and post a link that says "wurmonline.com" it takes them here, however, it gives me the credit if they join through my link. Kind of like a pyramid scheme.

many free 2 play games do this.

The worry there is that people could spam or abuse the link. The majority of people won't take spammed links seriously.

Facebook!? Twitter!? Nah, i'll pass, don't want anything to do with 'pop' crap. Thanks for playing, come again soon.

The whole point is to spread the word to as many ppl as is possible to what a fantastic game Wurm realy is (no better way than social network sites). I tell all my gaming friends in hope that thay will come and join us. Good luck to 1,000 likes Wurm.

Most sane people take 1 look at wurm an run away, the usual comment being, but you just click, click, click and click some more... or look flying pickaxe dont the characters move or when you have to explain it's not a real 3d world. ooor when they find lame things like you have to load things using you inventory as a middle station.

Most sane people take 1 look at wurm an run away, the usual comment being, but you just click, click, click and click some more... or look flying pickaxe dont the characters move or when you have to explain it's not a real 3d world. ooor when they find lame things like you have to load things using you inventory as a middle station.

Last I heard, the world is 90% made up of insane people... which is great news for all of us.

840 likes! Not long now! Maybe we can reach 1,000 in 2012!

Figured, why not? I've been away for several years and coming back to a nice set of rare tools would be nice.

Here's hoping.

would be nice if people who liked gets the set of rare tools. not a random player.

edit* This is not an wurm account on any server.

Edited by Pathandrax

Nice way to advertise , but i dont use twiter or facebook. dont trust it..

Ya im old fashion, i just tell people about Wurm in other games i play..

And how good it is.

• Like 1

I liked and shared to my friends to see if I can get em hooked to this game :)

So I have to create accounts on social sites for this contest?

I like WURM. Wouldn't have played it for five or more years if I didn't. But I don't like creating any more accounts than I absolutely have to.

Sorry. :unsure:

900 / 1000. Someone is going to be winning a set of silver tools soon!