Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

[Competition Closed!] Thanks For Taking Part!

Well... regardless of who wins. Congratulations, you've rocketed to the top of my list of people to rob :D

• Like 1

Not going to join Facebook or Twitter just for some unique tools. How about a 2nd contest for the same items that does not involve social media? Two sets of silver tools would still be quite unique.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Wossoo, October 26, 2012 - Suggests sneaky business
Hidden by Wossoo, October 26, 2012 - Suggests sneaky business

Not going to join Facebook or Twitter just for some unique tools. How about a 2nd contest for the same items that does not involve social media? Two sets of silver tools would still be quite unique.

You dont have to like the facebook page.

NOTE: The old competition was one of our facebook followers but it was pointed out that we can not do this, so instead the winner will be selected from someone who has liked this forum post, once we hit 1,000 facebook 'likes'. Remember: You will only win if the Facebook page is liked or our twitter account followed, so no sneaky business!

How did you know who liked? I liked it in FB, but my FB name isnt even related to my Wurm Forum name.

Salu2.

Once a winner is found via the forum post I will confirm with them what their facebook or twitter account is named.

Oi, such a hostile thread. Wossoo has said other comp(s) will be coming soon that do not involve social media. I look forward to them myself, as I find myself using the mainstream social sites less these days. I have chosen to participate, others have not, no biggie. Let's not turn off prospective players here, (and before someone says it no I'm not saying you can never have a debate). I'm such saying its some tools not a thousands euros here. Let's help promote a game we all enjoy (or at least hope you do since your here) if you happen to use those sites.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say I find it funny, I liked pre-new objectives, was about 6-7 other likes.

Now that you say we need to like this post, I see 170 likes.

Hmm.

Can't just like it to like it? >.>

So to be included in the drawing for the silver tools we have to sign into your facebook page and like the topic involving this post? Or am I suppost to do something else also?

Oi, such a hostile thread. Wossoo has said other comp(s) will be coming soon that do not involve social media. I look forward to them myself, as I find myself using the mainstream social sites less these days. I have chosen to participate, others have not, no biggie. Let's not turn off prospective players here, (and before someone says it no I'm not saying you can never have a debate). I'm such saying its some tools not a thousands euros here. Let's help promote a game we all enjoy (or at least hope you do since your here) if you happen to use those sites.

It would have been smarter to have a contest without involving social media NOW along with this contest, just to prevent arguments. Instead, we have a contest for ingame items that REQUIRES you to join Facebook and Twitter to participate, so a lot of us are cut off from a WURM contest because we don't think social media a good idea.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 1

It would have been smarter to have a contest without involving social media NOW along with this contest, just to prevent arguments. Instead, we have a contest for ingame items that REQUIRES you to join Facebook and Twitter to participate, so a lot of us are cut off from a WURM contest because we don't think social media a good idea.

awesome ideea:) beside i never knew wurm has a facebook, but i found and liked now:P

Hey guys we want to promote our facebook page. But since some people don't like facebook we made a contest where *everyone* can win a unique set of tools. So just enter the raffle, there is no need to do anything with facebook, just ignore our shiny new site and enjoy shiny new tools.

Something like that? /facepalm

How many kids have to be cyber-bullied to the point of suicide, how many others have to die from cyber-stalkers, before you realize that 'social media' is dangerous? All it is now anyway is a marketing tool so they know what you like, and adjust all the advertizing you see to your interests. I for one refuse to be a marketing tool, and all of you should feel the same way. After all, they are trying to take advantage of you and your imagined anonymity, you should be very upset about that.

I liked this game on facebook , try to let others know on my facebook page how much I enjoy playing wurm :)

How many kids have to be cyber-bullied to the point of suicide, how many others have to die from cyber-stalkers, before you realize that 'social media' is dangerous? All it is now anyway is a marketing tool so they know what you like, and adjust all the advertizing you see to your interests. I for one refuse to be a marketing tool, and all of you should feel the same way. After all, they are trying to take advantage of you and your imagined anonymity, you should be very upset about that.

People have been bullied to death before the internet was invented. Social media is a tool and it's the people that use it for great things or misuse it for bullying or stalking.

But this thread is about a contest for some epeen tools. You won't die or suddenly lose all your skills if you don't have the tools. So its up to you if you say "meh, facebook. Keep your tools" or "Oh shiny, where can I sign up".

OT:

In my opinion facebook is a great tool to communicate with friends, to stay in touch even if you fail to call them every week or month. With the correct settings it's you who decides which users can interact with your profile.

On the business side FB is a company that provides a service and has to operate the servers and this costs money. Paying through advertisments is normal in TV and radio. The only new thing is the direct marketing based on your interests. And even this is not that new. Ad-networks have been tracking users on the network for years. Google adwords knows exactly which pages people visit and can show ads that best match a person.

I am not evangelical about the whole social media idea. I do see risks but I also see solutions and uses for it. But some people feel way to comfortable with their tinfoil hats and only look at the risks.

• Like 1

Will these be account bound? Like if you die with the items on, can someone else take them?

I have been following on face book for a while, he posted saying he would like to visit some peoples deeds and to comment with your location and he would try to drop by. i left my info but was sad that thanks to computer issues i have been having i was not online when he stoped by my farm, though i was lucky and a friend was online and sent me a forum PM with something Posiden said in local about my farm

[14:24:47] <Poseidon> this farm is just amazing in size

then soon after he tweeted about my farm

https://twitter.com/...355423197069313

if nothing else it made my day seeing my deed being mentiond like that.

the face book page is a good way to get word out there about wurm and get new players in which we need! if you dont like it dont sighn up for it.

I have liked the OP as well :)

Edited by Jesslynn

Your taking it a bit far here dont you think? i mean, sheesh... we are only asked to like a fb or twitter page.

Does life as we know it end now?

Edited by Lolly1

I do not feel the Internet is safe I would like to move the game to LAN only please and thank you

Your taking it a bit far here dont you think? i mean, sheesh... we are only asked to like a fb or twitter page.

Does life as we know it end now?

Hey, you want to be a marketing tool, go ahead.

ok checked and i have already done all of this a long time ago, hope that doesn't mean i don't qualify for the prize...

Edited by Bludragon

If the purpose of this contest is to get the word out about Wurm, you should reward one of the top 10-20 that get the most "like" or other "follower" links.

Not everyone uses or like some of those social media out there.

You should include them all( web sites, pay per click, etc)