Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

[Competition Closed!] Thanks For Taking Part!

Hey all,

I was going to make this a blog post but then I thought that might be a bit over the top so I will just add it as an addition to the next proper blog post.

Basically as of right now our facebook group has 389 'likes' which is cool but it means that only 388 of you (besides myself) have a regular feed of the stuff I put up on there, and on Twitter 738. This is not enough!

I'd love to blog everything on the dev blog (as that goes to the forum, twitter, facebook and the launcher) however that would get a bit spammy.

What we do instead is we start discussions, ask little questions, put up teasers and some other cool stuff on twitter and facebook. It's a great way for you to be able to engage with us, ask us questions, and see some of what we are up to. Many of the individual team members are on Twitter too and they would love to hear from you!

What I would love to see is more players following us on Twitter and Facebook!

So, as a special reward... I will see to it that once we hit 1,000 facebook likes, a random player who has liked this forum post will recieve a mega-rare set of tools (in-game of course) made from silver. These are not craft-able by players, although they act just like normal tools.

NOTE: The old competition was one of our facebook followers but it was pointed out that we can not do this, so instead the winner will be selected from someone who has liked this forum post, once we hit 1,000 facebook 'likes'. Remember: You will only win if the Facebook page is liked or our twitter account followed, so no sneaky business!

• Like 383

Can we have a cool contest that doesn't involve lame "social" sites? Some of us have no desire to make accounts for them.

• Like 21

Can we have a cool contest that doesn't involve lame "social" sites? Some of us have no desire to make accounts for them.

That and to tell you the truth im ashamed about wurm. If other people would see that i play something like this...

• Like 3

That and to tell you the truth im ashamed about wurm. If other people would see that i play something like this...

• Like 2

I personally think this is a good idea. If you like the game there is no harm in showing it off for others to like. Great idea Wossoo :-)

• Like 1

as long as it doesn't happen too often, i never mind a nice reward for helping the game grow :D

Of all the things could be done. :unsure:

There is method in my apparent madness

• Like 1

If you're ashamed your'e playing Wurm, stop playing.

Wossoo, I am already liked and on Facebook.

Can we imp those silver tools? Because once they get damaged to 1, why keep them?

Edited by Meridius

Question about the tools are they improved with silver or iron and do they use JS or BS skill to improve them?

I think they are imp-able and it would use blacksmithing and silver lumps.

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Wossoo, October 24, 2012 - Advice taken.
Hidden by Wossoo, October 24, 2012 - Advice taken.

This competition is breaking the Facebook guidelines/terms/whatever. (Maybe twitter too?)

/>https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php#promotionsguidelines

iv. You must not use Facebook features or functionality as a promotion’s registration or entry mechanism. For example, the act of liking a Page or checking in to a Place cannot automatically register or enter a promotion participant.

The competition is re-launched with a different setup. Sorry for confusion but it was necessary. See the OP :)

• Like 2

No, I will not go to Facebook and Twitter for any reason.

Now, since you are promoting this contest, and since the Wurm Online website is gone right now... the normal website that is... have you guys gone and shifted everything over to facebook?

Please tell me this is coincidence and not another case of stuff changing around here without warning....

Edited by Kyrmius

No, I will not go to Facebook and Twitter for any reason.

Now, since you are promoting this contest, and since the Wurm Online website is gone right now... the normal website that is... have you guys gone and shifted everything over to facebook?

Please tell me this is coincidence and not another case of stuff changing around here without warning....

• Like 1

I didn't say you would do such a thing Wossoo... I meant the Wurm Staff as an organization. We've had plenty of surprises around here over the years. I'm jumpy for good reason.

and no I do not consider Facebook a good site at all, in fact I do not allow my children to log into it and neither will I. Not everyone considers Facebook a good thing. Same for Twitter.

So yes... I am jumpy about unannounced changes around here... you're promoting Facebook... and the website goes down.... that's why I was hoping it was just coincidence.

I will check back later today once the Staff has time to get the website back up. Stuff happens.

Edited by Kyrmius

I didn't say you would do such a thing Wossoo... I meant the Wurm Staff as an organization. We've had plenty of surprises around here over the years. I'm jumpy for good reason.

and no I do not consider Facebook a good site at all, in fact I do not allow my children to log into it and neither will I. Not everyone considers Facebook a good thing. Same for Twitter.

So yes... I am jumpy about unannounced changes around here... you're promoting Facebook... and the website goes down.... that's why I was hoping it was just coincidence.

I will check back later today once the Staff has time to get the website back up. Stuff happens.

A bit mean...

But true , people I show this game to think I must be daft.

• Like 1

I don't use facebook but i am already following on twitter not that i use that either. I do go there to see what has been posted but it is not like i'm helping it grow as i don't use it guess it adds another follower to mix anyway.

• Like 1

The site is back up already. What I meant about me doing such as a thing was being in charge of PR that I would not allow such a big change to be unexpected to the player.

Your dislike of social networking sites is understandable and of course your own decision. We will have more competitions in the future which would not involve these sites, but we recognise their benefit and usefulness for our organisation and many others do too.

This