Sign in to follow this  
RelentlessHeroe

Extra Large Cart

117 members have voted

1. 1. Like this Idea

• Yes
    • No

So all the seats would be passenger only, no commander seats? Interesting idea, might be a good compromise on the increased capacity since you'll be more limited by character's foot speed versus a full team of 5 speed traited horses with 80-90ql 80+woa gear.

Or place a commander seat but it turns like a.. pardon the pun on the above image.. a cow...

While i´m not 100% sure, i think that wen a cart (or a wagon) has bulls hitched, the main form of drive it was allways on foot guidding the bulls with a large stick, because bulls either can´t use bits or being refractaries to bit commands.

Salu2.

While in the image example they use cows, given that cows can't swim in Wurm, it is likely that horses would need to be usable on a cart like this.

Also, traditionally, horses were used for all sorts of wagon/cart pulling (such as into battlefield staging areas) as well, just depends on the wealth level of the cart/wagon owner. Depending on the cart configuration, seats for driving/steering might or might not be included.

While in the image example they use cows, given that cows can't swim in Wurm, it is likely that horses would need to be usable on a cart like this.

Also, traditionally, horses were used for all sorts of wagon/cart pulling (such as into battlefield staging areas) as well, just depends on the wealth level of the cart/wagon owner. Depending on the cart configuration, seats for driving/steering might or might not be included.

Yes. Simply yes. The only reason I choose to live near water, or right on the coast is because hauling stuff with a large cart is the worst. You move what.. 300 dirt at best? Over long distances, forget about it. (My dirt math is probably off here.)

carts can't swim either :rolleyes:

Very true, but for those living on islands with no cows, would be unfair to require only cows. At least with boats you can store them at someone elses dock.

::Edit Insert:: If they're still there, I'll have to go get a pic of the swimming carts in north Cele.. at one point were like 10 of the things out in the bay..

Edited by Hussars

How about if they just allow wheels on one of your ships.

Then Hook the 6 or so horses and pull the boat inland with its cargo.

Or let it sail with its wheels inland as you cant bring enough horses with you.

Good way to keep your ship and its cargo safer. Enables building ships inland and crossing to lakes if you wish.

I like larger carts. The ship is the crazy part of me that wants everything.

shipwithwheels.png

Edited by Gramuly

+1 so long as it's much harder to make than a large cart and goes a little slower. Also you could make them turn a lot slower.

+1 so long as it's much harder to make than a large cart and goes a little slower. Also you could make them turn a lot slower.

While i´m ok with being harder to make than a large cart, i don´t get why it needs to go any slower, or turn slower, well maybe turn a bit slower because its bigger, but why move slower, if have 4 or 6 animals hitched make it move at same speed than a large cart with 2.

Salu2.

As i see it, while some limitations are good, and i´m pro ¨not so easy things¨, if you make a wagon lets say twice as hard to build than a large cart, its ok for me, now you say it will turn slower, well, not so ok, but i can live with that for some sort of realism. Of course a wagon and certainly most important a full loaded one, can´t be draged with only 2 horses, I´m ok with that, put 4 for 2 times the cargo of a actual large cart, and 6 for 3 times that cargo. Now you say hey make it slower than a large cart. Well, harder to built, more horses, and slower, then I better log some alts, or ask 2 friends and go with large carts.

So, my point is, some limitations are fine, but lots of limitations will end with a nice looking wagon that no one will build/use cause its limitations make it unable to keep up with the ones that are supposed to replace.

Or maybe we can back apply that rule and make a caravel slower than a knarr and a knarr slower than corbita and so on, and let see how many corbitas knarrs and caravels are builted if you go faster with a cog, even if the cog has less cargo capacity.

Salu2.

Edited by KunAlt

Or maybe we can back apply that rule and make a caravel slower than a knarr and a knarr slower than corbita and so on, and let see how many corbitas knarrs and caravels are builted if you go faster with a cog, even if the cog has less cargo capacity.

Eh, that is actually the case.

Cog has size 67 and is the fastest ship in wind

Corbita is easy to build and size 100 but slower than the cog.

Caravel is size 100, faster than than the Corbita, but still slower than the cog.

Knarr is size 100 as well and as fast as Corbita in wind, but a lot faster than any of the other ships without wind.

Its no longer a cart by this stage, rather a wagon.

Well a double axle as opposed to a single axle anyways.

I am not sure about this topic...

Is it really necessary to have carts with a volume this large? The same size or nearly the same size as a big ship?

I can understand that it is sometimes a pain to move stuff, but after all its a mmo. If you want to haul big volumes over land, you might need someone to help with it. I never heard of a reallife transport company in the past or modern times that did consist of one guy doing everything on his own.

Also for the people that might hope they can sell bulk in a more comfortable way with this, be warned... if the transport balance changes, so does the price.

I think its a little bit over the top...

So, my point is, some limitations are fine, but lots of limitations will end with a nice looking wagon that no one will build/use cause its limitations make it unable to keep up with the ones that are supposed to replace.

Salu2.

Just to add an example, in this very forum there is a sugestion about plate barding, and that sugestion bring focus on a perfect example of my point.

Barding, hard to make, costly to make, hard to improve, heavy penalty to horse speed, but add protection, in resumen, an item that have so many divantages and only one benefit, leads to an unused item, ask to most figthers pvp or pve and you will find that.

@Taurus, indeed, its necesary, it will help to all people wanting to settle in main lands. I dont want to speack for other servers, because i only know a bit of Cele, but in my trips around i see most (if not all) the costal zones overcrowded and lots of free space in the interior lands, and while must be also aesthetic consideratons, one of the main razons to settle in coast is the acces to a reliable transport system.

I bet you, its easyest to get 4k dirts delibered from independence to Celebration than get 1k dirt delibered from Tap Dance to Avoncaras. And while still will be people wiling to make some artificial water routes for the fun of do it, if you get a good way to transport large bulks across interior lands, you will gratly reduce the need for such artificial way that sometimes bring more disvantages than benefit.

I don´t think that the price will suffer in any way, simply because the price isn´t dictated for the dificulty of transport, but the demand, and rigth now cross land comerce barely exist, if anything will change will be more people moving to non coastal lands, and a volume increase in bulks bussines.

And BTW, i never heard of a reallife dude wearing some armour maked with the skin of a white dragon. Thats mean we need to get ride of drake armour in game?

How about a bump? This would be so handy in hauling pretty much ANYTHING in bulk.

• Like 1

This is one of my favorite suggestions they really need to add this in with all the building materials we will need with multistory houses we just about have to have one.

Here's what I would do

- Goes as fast as a large cart with comparable traited horses and equipment.

- Requires 4 to 6 horses.

- Turns really slow.

- Design it to ease parallel alignment with a strait road.

- Building difficulty should be more difficult then a large cart and use the gap between small and large to gauge between large cart and wagon.

- Materials needed should at least be a multiple of Large cart mat's based on how much more volume the Wagon holds.

- It should hold at least 1,000 dirts or shards using rafts inside the wagon. Giving us small raft-sized portable BSB would be supper cool (I'd guess we need a new mechanic to update it weight based on contents).

Here is why it doesn't need to go slower.

1. Its annoying to use when your turning lots of tight corners making it very difficult to to use around the village. Maybe it won't enter houses; although, that will interfere with gate houses using double doors.

2. To get the top speed you need good traited horses with good gear. Needing 6 animals instead of two is a balancing point.

3. If it goes too slow you won't be able to out run aggro. I'm sure someone will flame this line telling how this shouldn't be possible anyway. I've been on trips with week players before and have had mobs target and kill before I can take it out.

hmmm...If its a covered wagon should mobs be able to attack you? I and I'm sure everyone else assumed this would be the case. But should it be?

i want a bigger cart .....make me a bigger cart ....3 times the normal load of a large cart ...more then that 5 times the load out of a normal cart

6 cows or horses yes yes ....a 4 wheel cart ...give it the conastoga graphix look ....and a place to SIT DOWN....

yes yes more stuff in the cart ..500 logs yes yes ...

i have to many bsb's full of 30 ql logs i need to move them ..please make this cart cary more logs

From all now sinking suggestion & ideas i choose this one to bump.

• Like 1