Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

Lock Please - Freedom National Parks

Freedom National Parks Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with there being protected areas?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Should editing outside of deeds be allowed in protected areas?

• No, editing should never be allowed.
    • Yes, but only with GM consent.
    • Editing should not be restricted in any way.
    • I am against protected areas being added.
  3. 3. Should deeds be allowed in protected areas?

• No, they should never be allowed.
    • Yes, but only with GM consent.
    • I am against protected areas being added.

Honestly.... what is the benefit of a tundra? Answer me that, and maybe I'll consider supporting this.

Personally, I prefer them for hunting over steppe, but it's not like it matters, there's still plenty of places to hunt on every server.

I was going to quote your original post, but honestly, too much effort.

What it comes down to is, either the rules support it or they don't. Currently they don't.

From the posts in this thread, it would appear the vast majority of players either don't care what happens in these areas you want to "...protect so that the most people possible can enjoy them..." Which is really "...so that people can always hunt there no matter how populated a server gets."

So this is an effort to impose a standard on non-hunters to benefit the hunters?

I can't help but think that if the owners of the deeds you are complaining about offered to allow just you to hunt on their deeds, this thread and the others like it, would not exist.

There are real and viable options for recreating all of the environments you want to protect, but you don't want to expend the effort to do so.

Are they easy or quick?

Nope, but what in Wurm is?

::Edit Insert:: And if we're going to start a protected area campaign, I want Dragons added to the list of resources needed to be protected "...so that the most people possible can enjoy them..." [/edit]

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 2

Honestly.... what is the benefit of a tundra? Answer me that, and maybe I'll consider supporting this.

Actually it has a visual appeal that some people like. Others like to hunt on it.

With this attitude, we shouldn't have anything in Wurm besides the bare minimum. The extra fluff is what makes a game 10x better.

Hussars you should talk with the people who actually have to deal with people ruining the steppe. They are the ones who are voting yes to this.

Actually it has a visual appeal that some people like. Others like to hunt on it.

With this attitude, we shouldn't have anything in Wurm besides the bare minimum. The extra fluff is what makes a game 10x better.

I think the GMs shouldn't enforce people's "right" to have exactly what they want.

I think the GMs shouldn't enforce people's "right" to have exactly what they want.

Now break that statement down in to realistic terms for me.

Hussars you should talk with the people who actually have to deal with people ruining the steppe. They are the ones who are voting yes to this.

(This is going to sound d'baggy, but it is not intended to, just can't find a way to ask in text that doesn't)

I thought I was?

In the spirit of disclosure, while I'm not deeded in the southern portion of the server, I do have two deeds in north Cele near the desert (and by near I mean I could /emote spit and hit it) So I'm aware of issues/arguments not only on the server in general, but in these unique hunting areas.

On that note, how about this. I'll volunteer to host the deed I described above. Min size, with 40 perim in the steppe area (granted I can find an open spot still) on any non-epic/wilds server. I would be willing to increase the size of this perim if anyone wants to donate to the deed funds to do so.

The only conditions on the deed would be that visiting hunters need to either help ensure it is maintained (pay into upkeep sometime/keep the area clean of corpses, etc...) and that I will not pay into the upkeep beyond the initial placing of the deed. So once it is gone, either someone else redeeds it, or they don't.

So you lose about 100 tiles in the 11x11 deed space but gain roughly 8k of semi protected tiles in the perim space which will allow for unobstructed hunting spawns.

Above the condition listed above, all I ask is that any community project (roads,etc) be brought to my attention before cutting into the "reserve" space, and that the GMs be willing to consider something that is an effort to restore some semblance of peace to the thread and community be at least considered for protection from "griefing" (random acts of terraforming/tile conversion to anything other then steppe)

Would this be agreeable?

::edit insert:: If needed, would anyone be willing to work on making this an enclosure? I can donate 1-2k shards for fences as well ::/edit::

Edited by Hussars

Now break that statement down in to realistic terms for me.

Meaning... GMs shouldn't protect steppe/tundra/whatever any more than they should spawn tar/clay/whatever wherever people want them. There's no reason you NEED to have a protected steppe to play the game, GMs and rules are there to make sure you are able to play the game without harassment, etc, not to take away X from player Y because player Z wants something else instead... That's not to say these grief deeds are okay, such as this deathtosteppe place, but there's no reason people shouldn't be allowed to live on tundra or steppe.

• Like 1

We have many different opinions, but it is obvious from the poll that the majority is against this. No one is going to change their opinions at this point. Time to close this thread.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

What I'm not getting is you care so much about your steppe tiles, when you can just make steppe areas on your own already