Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

How Many Upcoming Features Can You See In This Screenshot?

Noticed the test server had ferns randomly in the grass (much like the rocks we currently have) as well as small tile decorations on rock surfaces, representing grass and plants sprouting out of cracks and holes. Looking good I say! I hope that in the final housing implementation the floors will be solid and not ankle-deep "sink-through" like they are currently on Test.

will stone house walls and iron fences now require shards to build? (as the textures are shards and not bricks)

Those are perfectly fine, rough, uneven bricks, like they used in the middle ages. To make them even, would waste a lot of rock, to make them smooth would require a large amount of work.

The brick model needs to be adjusted though.

Those are perfectly fine, rough, uneven bricks, like they used in the middle ages. To make them even, would waste a lot of rock, to make them smooth would require a large amount of work.

oh okay, so I'm a lower form of a human being that doesnt know how to create bricks properly with high skill? Sorry, but if these textures stay then I think the material for houses need to be rockshards and not bricks.

The brick model needs to be adjusted though.

We already have rockshards.

Edited by WesncIsMe
  • Like 1

Maybe we should mine bricks, then use a chisel to turn them into shards, then build houses with em...

• Like 1

I am like a lot of people and wish they would have just kept the old stone houses we have and made the new tall/low/iron fence match up to it. I think what happened is that they made the new wood houses not thinking about how everything would matching up and now are trying to make it work. If it was me i would change the wood house and make it use the willow texture for the beams and then redo the tall/stone/iron fence to match the stone house we have now. It seems like that would be a lot less work and i think it would turn out better in the end anyway.

• Like 1

What are you talking about? There is nothing wrong with the supports. There are supports in barns that go diagnal the ones facing out from the door are holding up a little wood canopy

i would appreciate it if the graphics team would get all the same textures, maybe as pack, so it doesnt look like different stone or wood types if it isnt meant as that...

I am very excited for the new looks. I like the fact that it changes up a little at a time. The Devs are working hard and it is showing. Keep up the good work. Really excited for hedges to show their true texture. Will add some color to wurm. the one thing I think is needed.

Well I must say that since the new stone house wall textures and tall stone walls have been patched into the stable client that they look mighty fine, even better than the old stone house wall texture, so that my fears of doom have been alleviated in this respect. Well done art team! I would suggest that the wood cross window inserts from wood houses be available as an *option* for stone house windows as well to make some variety available for them. Also would like the ability to remove single door *awnings* from stone houses when not wanted for astetic reasons. Hopefully low stone walls will soon have the same texture to match the others as well.

=Ayes=

Sign in to follow this