Sign in to follow this  
Pingpong

A New Idea

Having watched trolls run GL chat for ..7 hours today (again) and my server kchat I'm at a loss to explain why we have GM's and chat rules? Lets call them "boat rescuers" and leave it at that, simply delete the harassment and such from the rules of play we all signed to play wurm. Rather then have a mockery made of the rules? Lets just delete them :) I'm sick of the trolling and name calling that goes on. I'd like to use GL to converse with other folks playing wurm but there's no chance. Another stake in the coffin of wurm, oh yeah did I mention the lag and dc's in the last 2 weeks?

• Like 4

Not sure what all the rage is about, lag has been negligible, nowhere near as bad as it was a few months ago, and if you've really got a problem with trolls use /kchat and talk to all your friends via IRC, make a custom room with a password, easy.

The lag is negligible? Maybe we're playing a different game, maybe it's the servers, maybe its regional, but goddamn is that ###### lag there. I've had constant disconnects the past week, and lag? Hunting around on horseback is like sliding around, riding it sideways, backwards, you name it. It's certainly more of a surprise to not have lag, than it is to be lagged.

Most of the times when I see people pipping up about lag I don't have any major issues. Over the last week though its been pretty bad. Especially the past 2 days.

yesterday my wagon spent half the day going sideways. Was almost impossible to get to where I wanted to go.

i have awesome lag often after loading/unloading my cart for flat raising, and driving on, lag is often 2 cart lengths or control is farked up

my ping is 20-30 some times less then 20, so not net lag

Edited by Kuro

if you've really got a problem with trolls use /kchat and talk to all your friends via IRC, make a custom room with a password, easy.

That's never a solution. Add ignore that works cross server, add global turning off separate from server's kchat, get rid of all the fracking trolls who pretend to be moderators.

• Like 2

You are just way too easy to trick into a full thrown fit, or bored, kinda both it seems. I can sit and watch global being pretty slow, whilst all of a sudden there is that person or those few lines, triggering a chain reaction which turn an otherwise dead chat into a pissing contest. The only time you notice how many people that is actually online is when people are busy taking the biggest ###### in global

Not sure what all the rage is about, lag has been negligible, nowhere near as bad as it was a few months ago, and if you've really got a problem with trolls use /kchat and talk to all your friends via IRC, make a custom room with a password, easy.

This is the new CA's we have. The ones that dislike community and are doing everything to tear it down. Maybe it is just a few but you know what they say about a bad apple. Damn need to throw the whole barrel out. Guess that isn't happening though. Will be more like throw the whole community out. Oh well.

• Like 1

I have some extra lag i would be willing to sell, you could come to FM ... actually, just send me a Forum PM and ill gladly CoD you some lag, better yet, just look out your window from your wurm house and you could get some. There is enough to go around, promise. Having to go to IRC for a chat with people on other servers should not be a option. The GLOBAL chat was created to communicate with other players amongst the other servers. We have a HUGE, and i mean HUGE list of CA's. Do they do anything? Not from what i see, i see some warning go out and the trolling continues.

Even better idea, why don't we take some of these players that actually care about the community, Turn them into CM's and see if the trolling don't stop. I mean, this idea popped into my head while i was using that magical super power i call common sense.

While Aetherwalker is lucky enough not to be fully impacted by the current lag, The Devs are looking into the possible causes and there will be a solution. The sooner the better of course, but patience is a virtue.

In the meantime, there is no call to be attacking the CA's like this. Yes we have a fair number of new CA's and I am working with them as quickly as I am able to get them up to speed. As far as the chat problems, part of the problems are being fixed by Rolf, and the rest will be dealt with as soon as possible. Yes, I know how bad it has been on a couple of servers and how abused Global has been.

• Like 4