Sign in to follow this  
JasperCity

Does Anyone Else Want A Looong Winter? :)

Makes night time so much more enjoyable! Also now adds lava spiders as household pet.

• Like 3

I love winter, i think it would be great if some part of Cel could have longer winters... at least that part.

Winter rocks!

I think this should be a user-override in the launcher, so they could set the season they are in the mood for, should they want something different.

• Like 3

i agree with seara as i prefer the winter wasteland look.

I greatly dislike the green spring and summers.

• Like 3

Seasons are too short, I think a season should last a year, so you get enough time to accommodate and the change would have a greater influence when it happens. Also many people don't like Winter so Winter and Autum should be slightly shorter than the other seasons.

Result is longer winters but less often.

What i want is winter being something else than a stupid texture pack. Cant make snowmen, no santa at the towns, no xmas trees. The only thing i understand is no presents. Then adding some things like:shoveling away snow from rock and other areas to see better,snow being an item that you could use,water should freeze,different animals should spawn and i could go on... And to be honest wurm needs biomes instead of a snow everywhere texture pack every once in a while. Top of mountains should be covered in snow most of the time etc...

Edited by atazs

No. Winter in Wurm isn't even very accurately portrayed anyway (all trees other than evergreens should not have foliage) and it makes it annoying doing surface mining. Just two examples that make me dislike winter. Anything that results in a longer winter without addressing the issues it currently has makes me give it an extremely big -1.

• Like 1

I love the winter so I'd agree, but the seasons overall are a bit short. Also, seasons should be more than just a texture change (which isn't even complete at the moment it seems).

the winter assets own, an arctic server would be rad

edit: wurm winter looks like elias' back yard 24/7 every day

Edited by randnar

Uh, no. It's bad enough to have to live through winter in RL. Rather it go away ingame.

BTW, EliasTheCrimson is right. You should freeze to death in winter if you don't seek shelter after a bit. And die if you swim. Like really happens.

Edited by Sarcaticous

I love winter now (in Wurm - hate it in RL). Coloured lamps are set off so nicely by the white ground and it's cool to get a break from vegetation occasionally.

SraYW.png

WkXDi.png

I like the idea of a longer winter mainly because of the bright texture of the ground it makes it 10x easier to see in the dark and I can turn my lanturn and all the lamps on deed off to save oil because I can see where ever I want to go. +1

Far as I know the length of the seasons is set; however, it would be nice if they had some variation. Longer winters. Wet winters. Long summers.

I'd personally like seasons to be a little longer -- but so many people go ballistic over the fall & winter graphics, it seems best to keep the seasons at their current cycles to reduce the amount of theatrics some people have to their "pet peeve season".

Shorter seasons frankly is worth the price of a little less drama. We get just enough fall & winter to add some nice diversity without pushing completely over the edge, those who start to froth at the mouth when winter (or fall) rolls around..

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Being new I didn't expect it and I think it's really cool, although I haven't ventured far from my home in-game, so I haven't be able to get a wide view of it.

Awesome!

While i like winter inrl, in wurm i hate it, the shorter the better, is plain, its boring, makes hard to see at first glance the state of your pen tiles, ect.

Salu2.

I love the winter landscape. Not only does it provide some clear viewing for quite a distance to see mobs (friendly and unfriendly), but it's beautiful too. The cherry trees are my favourite by far.

I tend to agree with Brash. There will always be someone complaining about the season one way or another. Make the seasons a little shorter and cycle through them a bit more often.

• Like 1

the cherry trees really do it for me. haha. love em!

that, and the "daoc-midgard" look to it all.

winter eternal, now please!

• Like 1

I like all the seasons for their own reasons - the lovely fresh grass in spring, the lush summer (and some places even conveying heat in a well-done way), the beautiful colours of autumn. And yes, the very nice winterlandscape too, with it's more clear views and some wonderful lighting from certain trees (indeed the cherries stand out). And maybe most favourite: decent lightfall at night! Not those awful hours between nightfall and somewhere after midnight, when whatever light you throw at it it just gets completely sucked away, leaving ink-black darkness (now there is something I don't and won't ever like... ). Overall though: I would be fine with a long winter as with a long whatever-season. And for sure the hateful dark hours of other seasons make the winters even more loved (by me) ;)

• Like 1

Me a big fan of winter and winter landscapes since i started playing wurm, so if you ask me, YES TO LONG WINTER, THE LONGER THE BETTER ;)

Dear devs, since im one of the more calm trolls, may i have my private winter skin now ?

I like the winter, and understand how some would hate it, so I think the 8 short winters a year is ok. I don't see Rolf giving any option to see seasons or not, as most would opt for winter in fighting (too easy to spot anything coming on a snowscape).