Sign in to follow this  
Wraithglow

~Independence Community Map

Could you please add Fiddly Bits at 61x19y.

All updated except for the above. You need to be more specific.

hi,

I was trying to go to north from the east part of inde and happen to be confused with one of the road. The road on south of redneck stables supposed to be a cave, can we have some marker of it because in the south part of the cave the road seems like to cross over the cave instead leading to inside of it.

Macready please give me a picture as those instructions are a bit vague.

Aureate, does that mean that the red marker named "Darkenstone Canal" is not actually a deed? Just want to clarify before I make changes.

Sorry I am terrible with MS paint. But I moved the tower to where it should be and there are the villages. Thanks.

CjUgzXY.png

kindly add a mailbox at 36y 30x Special Marching Army of Cows...thnx

Guess i'm not really sure what your looking for. It's 47x97 actual. 97 goes from the shore to the west and the 47 goes from the mountain to about a dozen tiles away from the deed that replaced Haitabu-hedeby.

All updated except for the above. You need to be more specific.

Hello Wraithglow,

Another deed to add at 24, 37y. Albia Island Retreat

AlbiaRetreat_zpsbcd8f9c3.jpg

Thanks

Please add my deed Bakra + Guard Tower 32x48y

Thanks Torreto

Having issues connecting to the host atm, so bear with me and I'll get the updates done when I can. FYI Aleanda that'll be fine.

Final update for Pickle Island 33x,22y, hopefully this gets it correct.

Since I know you redraw it, a few numbers going East to West. The west landmass bumps against the mainland and is 14 tiles wide, the canal is 6 tiles wide, the east mass (island) is 23 tiles wide, and there are 16 tiles of ocean between the SE corner and the land to the east where Option is located.

Last but not least the entire mass is now simply 'Pickle' with the token in the middle going N/S and 2 tiles East of the canal. Sorry for being a pain but people have complained that I have shrunk the canal and now it kinda jumps out at you. Thank you for all your work.

pickleappleislandareaup.jpg

Hello can you add Damascus Shipyard.

Its below Sherwood were the marsh is on the water.

coords are 31X , 30 y

Thanks

Made latest changes and sent to be uploaded (since I can't upload myself atm).

This is primarily to add Beaumont Sur Mer at 25x 44y.

Also added:

• guard tower at Baywatch
  • highway to Baywatch
  • other highway updates/corrections in the area
  • trader that was hidden away north of BSM. (edit: oops, wrong icon for the trader)

CfadHR5.png

Edited by Noffo

Hiya,

Could you please add our deed, we are on the line between 47x and 48x and in the middle of 53y. Name is Kings Landing.

Also The Wolf's Den at 48x 53y no longer exists.

Thanks very much for all your hard work.

Dakota and Shaylie :)

Edited by Dakota

Please make this changes. There is a picture and some explanation:

1. Add new deed Eireast circled in red.

2. Add the road/cave pass, where ground road is black and underground is orange. There are 3 rectangles where changes are made. All is new, in the far left red rectangle some part of the existing road is little changed.

FYI I only built this two lane road from Eirska to first cave. The rest part (cave passages) was built before me.

Thank you.

(edited)

3. BTW please move Eirska deed icon to the east-south corner of this crossroads (off the road) and merchant icon to the west-north corner.

ckECtXx.jpg

Edited by Syirian

Hey, there are a couple changes around 42x-62y.

First, please add my new settlement, Sharfin Landing. :)

Second, I moved the guard tower, at the left of my settlement, to the other side of the road. Its a minor thing, just did it for the sake of accuracy.

eSH3Z4f.png

Note: It is Sharfin Landing, the g just didn't type in paint and I didn't notice till now.

Edited by Starfender

Iconium is at 52y 11x (SE corner of this coordinate where a red circled mailbox is.) Thanks.

P9MDI3C.jpg

We'd like to name our island please. We moved here 2? years ago and still have a very active village, 1 other small deed on the island but they haven't played for a long time.

Indy - 61y, 9x.

Stubborn Island. =)

Still our island dont have name, can you please fix it. Cheers! :)

My deed, owned by Nashoba is marked with the red square. The deed name is Fort Westgate. 59y, 4x

indemap.png

So I have a few changes to make to some areas around the north-east corner of the map, right next to the Colossus Lake. Pardon if the image is a bit messy - purple lines are added highways, and I got a couple of outdated deeds in crossed out red circles.

1. There is now a highway running straight through the tundra/steppe, from the northwest corner to the southeast corner (purple line on the map) - it does connect to the south, but that part of the road is not made wide enough to be considered a highway at this point, hence I am not going to add that right now.

2. A nice, almost straight highway now connects the Grand Steppe with a direct route to the Colossus Lake on the west side of the steppe (took us 4 weeks - thanks to Faeldray, Bashon, Rusk and Valeska for helping me on this project.)

3. Along the new road (nr. 2), there are two deeds that no longer exist to my knowledge - I suggest removing them from the map (Forgotten Reliquary and Kalahari.)

81973398.jpg

I really appreciate the fact that someone manages the map, and I love the initiative to add coordinates to stuff :) But I just wanted to ask - am I the only one sometimes annoyed with the inaccuracy of the painted map? I would love to have our map be more like this one: http://minersahoy.com/Wurm%20Maps/Recent%20Map.png

(here is our map dump: http://s3.amazonaws.com/Wlhost/51042.png )

I appreciate that would be a lot of work and probably nothing you might want to do. I wouldn't mind helping out with part of it if someone was to want to take on the challenge of translating the map.

Heya :)

Just wondering if the map is still being updated at all ? Its been over a month since the last update, just curious if its no longer being worked on.

Dakota.

Dakota you must be using the wrong link - last updated 2 weeks ago (6/4/2013).

And yes, it's still being updated. I tend to wait for there to be 3-4 changes needing doing so it's less effort overall. (updating now btw).

Ok I think I got them all. Sent to be uploaded so should be done soon. Just a few clarifications here:

Davion - I assumed you meant the SW corner of the mailbox, not SE, otherwise your deed is in the water.

Valodis - That's done now, apologies for the delay.

Journeya - That's all done I think. There are advantages of using a drawn map - most importantly the fact that people change the shape of the land so much, and it is easier to modify coastlines, mountains etc on a drawn map than on a map dump (without making it look really patchy anyway). Also, the map dumps are all taken from a single perspective, meaning that there are kinda "shadows" of mountains (i.e. a village built on the north side of the mountain would not be able to be accurately placed). This is why I prefer hand-drawn. Also, I inherited the hand-drawn version, and it is a flat file. There are currently 682 deeds on the map, and who knows how many roads and other icons - to port that to a new map would be a SIGNIFICANT effort, but you are welcome to try.

Edited by Wraithglow

Marked my deed "Iconium" with red colour for clarification. (52y 11x) :)

V3rCzVg.jpg

Edited by Davion