Sign in to follow this  
zack4209

So I Heard About This Game And I Have A Few ?s

Hi guys im new here. I heard about wurm on the Warz forums and thought what is wurm? I did some research and thought well this is lame... But after some more snooping around i kinda got hooked on to the idea of building a house then defending it or something like that.

So i have a question? Can i kill players and take there stuff? (im not a griefer but hey if i defend myself do i atleast get rewarded by taking there stuff?)

If i die in pvp is that it? my charcters dead start over from point A?

I'm currently waiting to get into the game (files downloading)

On PvP servers such as the Epic cluster, the entire point is to kill people and take their stuff.

And no, there's no permadeath except for under a very specific set of circumstances most regular players will never be exposed to, you just respawn.

On PvP servers such as the Epic cluster, the entire point is to kill people and take their stuff.

And no, there's no permadeath except for under a very specific set of circumstances most regular players will never be exposed to, you just respawn.

Well thats good chance of me hiding from pvpers on Epic cluster and make a farm? lol Just trying to be creative i plan to buy premium probably tonight if the game can get me hooked

Well thats good chance of me hiding from pvpers on Epic cluster and make a farm? lol Just trying to be creative i plan to buy premium probably tonight if the game can get me hooked

Yeah, on Epic cluster it's kind of like there's separate nations/islands, so as long as you're on your nation, you can make a farm as long as it's in a good location, like near to built-up, defended areas etc. Of course 'cos it's fully PVP nothing is ever 100% safe, but you can use your imagination.

From what you've said it's what you want and yes, really epic, lol.

Edited by Maozorz

Yes you can kill people and take their stuff. Plus people can kill you and take your stuff.

Its not permadeath, you will respawn at the spawn point of your choice; however, there will be some skill loss, and you drop most items on death into a corpse container.

The tools supplied to you are known as newbie tools and are nodrop on death. Theres some other items that are nodrop as well: writs, deeds, most holiday gifts, etc.

Pretty much everything is player built and on the pvp servers everything is stealable and raidable. Except there is no full on pvp thievery like pickpocketing; though, I would love to have such...

Edited by Klaa

Try out Chaos. You can completely avoid PvP if you're smart, and take on PvP when you're ready.

It isn't outright war at the moment here but the server is older and has far more history!

Try out Chaos. You can completely avoid PvP if you're smart, and take on PvP when you're ready.

It isn't outright war at the moment here but the server is older and has far more history!

Oldest active map in Wurm. The epic server cluster is so new I swear I can still hear the trees squeak.

The tools supplied to you are known as newbie tools and are nodrop on death.

They drop upon pvp death, stay on pve death.

• Like 1

If you start on epic serenity there is some protection vs other people in your same kingdom. If you start on the hots server it is less restricted who you can kill. In both cases belonging to an established settlement will offer some extra protection.

The elevation server is intended for lots of PVP. It depends on play style and how much danger you want.

Desertion and Serenity are two good places to start out. Elevation is for those who want a little more adventure and usually step 2 (the home servers being step 1).

The Epic cluster you can do pretty much anything but insult a persons sexuality and Religion, the only sort of permanent death is if you get permanently banned which is very rare, unless you macro or exploit a game changing bug.

Eh even actual permanent bans arent really permanent. Rolf has relented on such in the past to give the player another chance after a year or so.

Granted one could argue its too many chances in some cases...

Edited by Klaa

The epic cluster, That being Affliction, Desertion, Serenity and Elevation are all full pvp servers, with raiding and looting. The Chaos server in the Freedom cluster is a pvp server without raiding. Now, on Epic, if you 'die' your corpse will be lootedand anything of value on your person will be taken. However, you can remake those items again relatively quickly as Epic has a 'curve', which allows you to gain skill a lot higher than your statistics show. On Chaos, however, there is no curve. A lot of people that have been playing for over 3 years reside on that server, and most of them are old hands when it comes to pvp. Most of them though are decent people and don't take kindly to bad sportsmanship on their server.

• Like 1

All the good trolls play on Epic.

Wrong. Trolls spawn on every server and they are just as good to raise fighting skill for high FS players, nor would I consider them to be "playing" as they are npc type generated creatures.

=Ayes=