Sign in to follow this  
Kidknie

Freedom Code Of Conduct

Freedom Code of Conduct  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should repeatedly ignoring the Freedom Code of Conduct in dealing with the same person or persons be considered harassment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares?

The code of conduct listed here http://forum.wurmonl...ode-of-conduct/ is being persistently ignored here on Celebration (in fact, on other Freedom servers as well). A lot of these most basic courtesies tend to not be followed because there are no repercussions for failing to. As rules, these "guidelines" would be next to impossible to enforce. However, there is a rather vague section of the actual rules, as posted here http://forum.wurmonl...c/7-game-rules/ that needs clarification. "Griefing is any harassment such as, defamation of character (insulting their race, gender, creed, nationality or sexuality), continuous use of unfavorable emotes, or failure to abide to a GM instruction." Any harassment. Everything following "such as" is an example. If you would like to have less drama and more fun, please select yes.

• Like 2

Chat can't even be moderated for curse words, which is pretty cut and dried. Insulting someone can be a very grey area - I don't see any formal rules ever happening, it will always be a case by case basis and require chat logs probably.

Edited by leaf

It is more than about the chat. It is about behavior in dealing with your neighbors and passers by. Chat behavior is different than behavior in the game environment. What I am asking for is a means to better handle behavior that could and SHOULD be considered griefing. It says just because you can does not mean you should. The universal cry of the griefer is "It ain't against the rules."

Edited by Kidknie

Sorry, but I don't think this is something that can be discussed without getting warnings. When trying to find out exactly what certain rules were - not because I wanted to break them, but to see how protected I was - I got warnings. And that was for just asking.

But if black and white rules can't be enforced all the time, good luck trying to get grey rules enforced. It's a case by case basis, and you better have chat logs. Naturally the decision will be erred on the side of caution, and maybe even go to a GM round table vote - but they are fair as much as they can be that i've seen.

Edited by leaf

The FCC is not a set of rules.

The FCC does not protect you or your assets, it is simply a guide of conduct

Says right in the first line though, its not a set of rules. Just a guide line.

Edited by Ronnie

I know they are guidelines and I acknowledged this.

Edited by Kidknie

People also have to remember everyone is going to have a slight different view on what is and what isn't "griefing"

One person may see looting decaying houses/yards as griefing while others see it as re-using/salvaging

Even cutting down trees that are not deeded or fenced in, some will and some wont see it as griefing.

There is and never will be a "true guide line" of what griefing really is. Other then some thing happened that another player didn't like.

Personally seeing some the stuff going on i would not want to "push come to shove" any issue. im not saying everything that has happened is entirely "that areas" fault, but ppl have tried to play nice and honestly they get sick of the same stuff over and over. freedom is not a pvp server and thus will always have these odd rules. if u want clear cut rules join EPIC. everything is very clear right from the get go and there is never any confusion. I know more then one person is trying to patch things with "that area". when both sides say they are trying to patch things then if they both are should be no issues. will always be ppl that will be rubbed the wrong way and will make alts and what not to bother someone that has upset them. thats the way the world works. i only hope both sides have learned alot from this.

You are given means to protect yourself from said griefing. If you fail to do so then tough luck, welcome to the internet, you can't try and rely on other people being courteous. If its against the rules report them, if its not, learn from it. Keep the drama out of kchat while we're at it. Nobody cares about OMG HE PICKED UP MY HALFROTTEN BULKBIN IN MY UNDEEDED AREA.

Edited by Alyeska

Primary reason of why Im not particularly fond of carebear servers.

If I dont like someone for any particular reason, theres an outlet for dealing with it personally :ph34r:

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 3

Well folks, I can see there are many opinions on this. So, here is my 2 cents...lol

As we are on a PvE server, the only recourse a person has to retaliate is either KOS or griefing.

Griefing is an extremely hostile manner of showing your displeasure with someone else's actions or words. But this method does create an escalation in tempers and reactions.

KOS is basically a passive-aggressive way of showing the same displeasure. If you stay off the properties and areas of a KOS, then there is no problem.

Each of us has to chose which way we want to be portrayed....1) a sneak .....or ......2) upfront KOS'er

• Like 1

Conflicts... they are natural everywhere.

However, i think the code must be a guide that must be respected as a mean to keep things running cool.

If you like griefing, annoying people or acting like a stupid 14 years old kid, then go get yourself killed in one of those PvC ( Player versus chaos server ) in wurm and leave Freedom for the goodwill players.

Edited by Selva
  • Like 4

Conflicts... they are natural everywhere.

However, i think the code must be a guide that must be respected as a mean to keep things running cool.

If you like griefing, annoying people or acting like a stupid 14 years old kid ?

Then go get yourself killed in one of those PvC ( Player versus chaos server ) in wurm and leave Freedom for the goodwill players.

Enough said methinks

• Like 1

fv1MM.png

These trees were not cut to grind wood cutting skill.

HSHRL.png

Nor were these trees cut to make room for some amazingly awesome project.

This area was destroyed because someone enjoys ruining someone else's enjoyment of the game. This is the third time the same individual has come into our area and done this in as many weeks. No it isn't against the rules. We did manage to get some deeds in or there would be many more trees on the ground.

"The Freedom servers are intended to be a place where players can enjoy the creative side of wurm without the interference of conflict with other players. As such certain activities (while not against specific rules) are frowned upon and will not be tolerated. Players who choose to play on the Freedom servers are expected to behave in a manner that is curteous and polite to thier fellow players."

I know the code is not a set of rules, but rather guidelines. Every time my friends and I think we are going to get to enjoy the creative side of Wurm, we get reminded that some of that creative energy goes into figuring out how to ruin someone else's game play.

It's a sandbox.

There is a way to protect your stuff: deed it. Otherwise, well you chose not to deed it and took the risk.

What is it about this system that people have such a hard time comprehending?

• Like 3

let's see, if you wish to enjoy a game where you can explore the "creative side of Wurm" you also get to enjoy the anarchy of a PVP server. So, this means there is NO wurm server where peaceful exploration of the games creative side can be achieved.

In-fact Anarchy on a non PVP server is encouraged?

Then clearly there is NO difference between PVP and PVE using that logic, Thus perhaps the PVP restrictions should be removed.

Personally my belief is that there IS a difference between the two and whereas on a PVP server you either protect what you have or lose it, A PVE server is where everyone is attempting to play the game in peace and only until very recently has there been an element that refuses to honour other peoples regions.

That you would cut down trees that exist in the wild to use for building or skill in your local area is acceptable to most, to do so around someones deed who you have disagreed with for no reason but to just cut them down "was" considered poor play.

What i'm saying is, until very recently people WERE abiding by the code of conduct without even knowing (or needing to know) there was one.

Summary of my view:

PVP = Anarchy and war. no rules of engagement, no mercy and no compromise.

PVE = peaceful Civilisation. Negotiation, compromise and understanding.

Until very recently EVERYONE was having a grand time building, growing, breeding, making whatever they wanted and happily working together (albeit by trade) without resorting to "griefing" of any description but today many of those players are thinking of giving the game a miss because the aggro is getting out of control and no-one is listening anymore.

Who's Alliance those players are in is irrelevant. some are well known to most players and some less so or not atall but WE are all guilty of ruining our own fun by forgetting the way we were responding to each other BEFORE all this started.

The code of conduct existed in most peoples minds (whether they new it existed in the forums or not) and the way they played before this thread or even the recent dispute began so i'd say that is enough evidence to say that it was the preferred way to play and is the way we need NOW.

• Like 2

only until very recently has there been an element that refuses to honour other peoples regions.

until very recently people WERE abiding by the code of conduct

ha

ha

ha

Jokes and delusions aside, people have been shitting up and down each other since I started playing and long before that. Hell, they made a whole server just to contain griefers, bros, goons, FP and whomever I might have forgotton. Even the goddamn code of conduct you love to cite was written because of griefers.

So yeah, don't be a fool and think this is just something "temporary", something we can work our way out of as the grand and forgiving community, because it isn't and the best you can do is deal with it

"The Freedom servers are intended to be a place where players can enjoy the creative side of wurm without the interference of conflict with other players. As such certain activities (while not against specific rules) are frowned upon and will not be tolerated. Players who choose to play on the Freedom servers are expected to behave in a manner that is curteous and polite to thier fellow players."

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 1

Why not enclose the area the trees are in? There's players on EXO that deal with the same thing and instead of making a big deal about it on the forums they get out of their "little" deed and did something about it to protect what they want to save.

Yes it does suck. Yes you shouldn't need too. But it is a sandbox game and everyone is welcome to cut down undeeded trees for what ever they want too. Let it be to grind WC or to watch it rot. Sure there the same fok that love watching paint dry.

There is always going to be a lot of work if there is something you want to keep as and not worry about having to refix it due to other players.

24x 37y is boppington. The whole area above up to where Plan C is, is ALL walled in to save the trees. Nothing but walls, gate houses, and trees..

Thats it. Because the players that live there wanted it to be woody. And it doesn't look bad either with all the walls and gate houses either.

Sucks trying to find decaying houses to poke in, But saves the "beauty" of the area.

Edited by Ronnie

This area was destroyed because someone enjoys ruining someone else's enjoyment of the game. This is the third time the same individual has come into our area and done this in as many weeks. No it isn't against the rules. We did manage to get some deeds in or there would be many more trees on the ground.

With the amount of land you're trying to claim on the celebration server I am not surprised you will find trees cut down in "your" area. (just glancing over the map, it speaks for itself) Don't try to claim land you don't own and hey, griefing is defined in the rules. All I see is some cut trees, no harassments or whatever. Wih an attitude like yours I'm surprised it's only a few trees.

I logged on to find myself kosed the other day on one of your deeds. Shortly after I got a pm saying "it was a typo". I'm sorry, but you don't "accidentaly" type in someone's name and add them to the reputations list. I'm guessing it was for my above post but you quickly discovered that my friendly neighbours are infact friends of yours and it might not be such a good idea to have me on kos. As I then heard half of the server is on KOS on your deeds. It sounds like you're triggerhappy about minimal stuff and only making it worse for yourself everytime you respond this way.

• Like 3

With the amount of land you're trying to claim on the celebration server I am not surprised you will find trees cut down in "your" area. (just glancing over the map, it speaks for itself) Don't try to claim land you don't own and hey, griefing is defined in the rules. All I see is some cut trees, no harassments or whatever. Wih an attitude like yours I'm surprised it's only a few trees.

I logged on to find myself kosed the other day on one of your deeds. Shortly after I got a pm saying "it was a typo". I'm sorry, but you don't "accidentaly" type in someone's name and add them to the reputations list. I'm guessing it was for my above post but you quickly discovered that my friendly neighbours are infact friends of yours and it might not be such a good idea to have me on kos. As I then heard half of the server is on KOS on your deeds. It sounds like you're triggerhappy about minimal stuff and only making it worse for yourself everytime you respond this way.

I love you... Sorry Xallo :)
  • Like 1

All I see is some cut trees, no harassments or whatever.

HSHRL.png

This area was destroyed because someone enjoys ruining someone else's enjoyment of the game. This is the third time the same individual has come into our area and done this in as many weeks.

"The Freedom servers are intended to be a place where players can enjoy the creative side of wurm without the interference of conflict with other players. ... ...Players who choose to play on the Freedom servers are expected to behave in a manner that is curteous and polite to thier fellow players."

I know the code is not a set of rules, but rather guidelines. Every time my friends and I think we are going to get to enjoy the creative side of Wurm, we get reminded that some of that creative energy goes into figuring out how to ruin someone else's game play.

ppl have tried to play nice and honestly they get sick of the same stuff over and over. freedom is not a pvp server

If you like griefing, annoying people or acting like a stupid 14 years old kid, then go get yourself killed in one of those PvC ( Player versus chaos server ) in wurm and leave Freedom for the goodwill players.

• Like 1

Just because we have an area which suits each of our villagers needs and they have their deeds does not give a right for someone to constantly harass us and clear cut around us. I can see cutting trees because you need lumber but to just come through and cut trees down leaving felled trees everywhere not once or twice but a third time i consider it harassment. We are a friendly bunch of people who just want to play the game and help others as best as we can.

• Like 3