Sign in to follow this  
Maozorz

Wurm's Wikipedia Page Should Be Updated.

The Wurm page isn't bad, but it could be updated to look better and be more flowing in terms of information. I know that I (and friends IRL) always check Wikipedia amongst other pages before trying out a game to get a sort of overview and some information about the game.

I could add some myself but am a fairly new player and feel that someone with experience could do a much better job. I believe know that updating the Wikipedia page will contribute to more players coming to (and staying in) Wurm in the long run, so don't overlook this as just another random suggestion to be lost in the winds of time!

Thanks if you actually took the time to read this, extra thanks if you consider it, and full-blown gratitude if you actually do something about it!

It's funny that you should say that :P Wurm's Wikipedia page is a known concern, through the PR Team I'm working on re-writing it and it's due to be finished by the end of October. Citing the article is probably the biggest challenge - especially considering that a lot of old resources and references (such as the old Wurm website and blog) have been lost over the years. I'm hoping to at least triple the amount of information on the page - and once that's done it'd be nice to see it updated by others too under a new format.

It is risky to do such a major edit - Wikipedia have the power to and do delete suspiscious edits. So I have to have lots and lots of cites from the word go x)

If anybody does want to help then I recommend they get in touch with me, even some good screenshots would be appreciated :)

• Like 2

Oh wow, didn't expect that response and i'm looking forward to it. I'm sure Wikipedia will be cool with it given the knowledge, the size of the update etc, and the fact that they will read it given the significance of the update. Hopefully the citations will be sufficient, I'm guessing so.

Also if more of us back this up on the Discussion/Talk page that would bolster it fairly well.

Woop, awesome.