Sign in to follow this  
Avelohim

Launching The Game On Mac Osx .8.2?

Hey folks. I used to play Wurm (on a Windows 7 computer), but no longer own a Windows PC. I have a Macbook Pro, which I'm trying to play the game on.

The launcher updates and everything, I enter my information, hit Play, and a little white flash, then nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it! :)

Update your Java? Otherwise it should work, likely a Java issue IMO though I'm not a mac'er so wouldn't know precisely x)

Thanks for the reply!

My Java is updated to the latest version (Java 7, update 9). I believe I have all of the permissions correct for Wurm, as well. Thanks, though!

Any other ideas?

Try downgrading to Java 6 update 33. For some reason I believe Wurm has trouble with versions 7 and above.

please post your console.[player name].log file, it'll give us a bit more info to deduce what is going wrong.

Try disabling sound or use software sound. Some Mac users had problems with the OpenAL drivers.

openAL was a persistant problem for me under MacOS. Changing over to software mode for the sound fixed any issues that I was having.

Edited by Itoliog

I recently got a new Mac, trying to play Wurm on it today, no beans. I'm .8.2 aswell, fully updated java and everything.

I can't supply a crashlog since it doesn't show up, I hit the play button and NOTHING, just like it auto-closed or something.

My other computer running Snow Leopard runs wurm just fine, updated java and everything, but this new mac running Mountain Lion is not working.. :( As I said before, I can not supply a crash log since it apparently didn't crash, it just didn't run the game. My settings for wurm are nearly identical with my other mac that runs it.

Please help!'

Edited by Radni

I can confirm that the latest Apple Java update to Java 6, which disabled the use of web applets in Java 6, has forced the installation of Java 7 to use web applets including running Wurm. Unfortunately I am also having the same issues with Java 7 on mac - Wurm just shuts down after hitting play, with no clues in the console.log file that is generated. This is definitely an issue with Java 7, since I had tested Java 7 a couple of weeks ago to try to fix a graphical issue and hit the same problem then. Reverting to Java 6 (when web applets were allowed to run) had allowed Wurm to load and run. Evidently Apple is no longer prepared to support Java 6 and is directing everyone towards Java 7, which puts us in a bit of a bind since Wurm doesn't run.

Any ideas?