Sign in to follow this  
Maozorz

Do You Guys Have Another Main Mmo?

i tried eve online twice, graphically its amazing, but it's just boring -- i don't get what you do. i just see people mining, hauling ore, and selling it. that's it.

i tried salvaging in negative sectors with a kestrel or something with Jackburton, tryin to make a dangerous living, but it was pretty hostile. eventually these dudes invited us onto Teamspeak3, we went to this -.6 sector and we killed this guy tryin to warp out (we scrambled him), and he apparently dropped this really rare black ops training guide. the leader sold it, he gave jackburton and myself 50 million isk each. was pretty fun, but we didn't really know how to do it ourselves.

Eve Online does have a pretty steep learning curve even after they added all the tutorials, and it can be difficult to break into the more fun stuff solo'ing. Really gets fun when one is in a corporation that fits them.

Pvp-wise warp scrambling is a pretty common tactic to be accounted for. You're fortunate or just didnt appear to have anything valuable enough, more typical in Eve for backstabbing and theft.

World of Tanks, and World of Warplanes closed beta.

Heh I had forgotten closed beta was going on. Wonder when they plan to do the one for World of Warships...

Edited by Klaa

Re-quoted for truth.

But I would like something to play alongside it, some good suggestions here!

Speaking of MWO... PCGamer reviews always crack me up:

http://www.pcgamer.c...warrior-online/

I desperately need firepower buckling in my hand

Usually they have to work for it, but this comment was derived from one of the actual manufacturer gfx. :P

omg that thing would be awesome if it wasn't a blatant money-sponge. That angers me, its one of those things that probably costs more than ten times less than what they are selling it for.

Eve Online does have a pretty steep learning curve even after they added all the tutorials, and it can be difficult to break into the more fun stuff solo'ing. Really gets fun when one is in a corporation that fits them.

Pvp-wise warp scrambling is a pretty common tactic to be accounted for. You're fortunate or just didnt appear to have anything valuable enough, more typical in Eve for backstabbing and theft.

Heh I had forgotten closed beta was going on. Wonder when they plan to do the one for World of Warships...

klaa, hurry up and sign up at morrpg.com, they are givin out free beta keys for WoWP ;)

and for WOWS? noone knows, its probably still in the closed alpha phase

hit me up when your either in WoT or WoWP

Nah I already play war of tanks so I just requested a closed beta and got one. Atm only have a playable keyboard and mouse, waiting on a replacement Sidewinder Force joystick... probably a week.

so what do you think? mechwarrior with stick or mouse? Seemed to work better with mouse in MW4 but more fun with a stick-throttle-pedals.

Cndo's Long List of MMO REVIEWS IN SECONDS

EVE -I tried EVE multiple times, the game just feels far too repetitive to me (one who was mining the space lanes trying to actively find more) it was plain boring.

GW2 wasn't bad, but it could not keep me on board long enough with the lack of people to play with that I knew.

WoW - People play this still?

WWIIOL - Fun but only played as a free account, have since ceased playing

Global Agenda - Another fun at the time boring not sort of game.

Runescape - Was fun played it a lot when I was younger, not as fun now heard they are making changes, don't really care.

Diablo 3 (mmo? You decide) - Got repetitive

Mortal Online - Great Ideas, not so great gameplay, new patch came out no idea how it effected the game and I really do not want to take the time to find out.

Combat Arm - Nexon Game, so it is not fantastic. Back when I played it was pure fun.

Dawntide - Great Ideas and the developers listened to the community a lot. Shame that the gameplay was not all that great.

Eternal Lands - Interesting game, pvp was cool.

Edited by thenewcndo

atm i'm only premium on Wurm, but I still have accounts on Eve and WWIIOL :D

Eve's tough yeah, it's awful at the beginning when you have barely any skills, but if you join a small PvP corp of pirates or do stuff with RvB, I've heard it can be quite enjoyable, even with a week or so worth of skill training completed.

Mining is dull of course, possibly even more dull than in Wurm, lol... really got to devote yourself to it to make it worth it I guess...

Also, WWIIOL was my first mmo :)

Edited by Fireflyb

Over the years I played far too many MMOs to mention them all to be honest.

I list two MMOs on my profile at mmorpg.com that I care about right now and those are Wurm Online and GW2.

This.. Although wurm is on a break for me. Only come back to feed the carnies, and make sure my horses and cows are alive... Premium is gone too, but deeds still have like 10 months worth of upkeep in them. Will be more active for 2 story houses i guess.

Gotta say that MWO is really cool, too bad Cry engine doesn't agree with my outdated GPU and keeps crashing.

I never really played Wurm alone, since i've started playing wurm i always either played wurm+ another MMO or another MMO+wurm. Or stopped playing Wurm all thogether to play another mmo...

Of course you guys are all forgetting about the single greatest game of all time...

outside_mmorpg.jpg?w=490

When is the release date for Outside?....sounds amazing. ;)

Really old game actually, awesome given the graphics.

GW2, D3, DCUO (ps3), a little APB if im diggin some shooting and torchlight 2 of course

World of Tanks and Tribes ascend trough they are not real MMOS, but they are very enjoyable.

Really old game actually, awesome given the graphics.

The really cool part is it involves ALL of the senses. Taste the snawsberries... they really taste like snawsberries!

The really cool part is it involves ALL of the senses. Taste the snawsberries... they really taste like snawsberries!

So true, so damn true! (Did you mean strawberries or something else?)

Sucks though that the only one GM (who is also the only damn dev) in the WHOLE game doesn't really do anything about those rampant PVP clans like Authorities, Gangs and of course the most well-known Government, allied with Authorities.

They act like they own the damn game!

Edited by Maozorz

Shores of Hazeron, because one planet isn't a big enough sandbox.

Hattrick - Free football (soccer) game where you get a team in your country. Set your line up and the game plays itself. Text based read out of your weekly league match. It's a fun little game with a huge community. I've been there 11 years now. It's based in Sweden.

http://www.hattrick.org/

Of course you guys are all forgetting about the single greatest game of all time...

dont play this man, heard theyre gona take it down december 2012. cba to lvl up a char then not be able to log in one day.

• Like 3

dont play this man, heard theyre gona take it down december 2012. cba to lvl up a char then not be able to log in one day.

SUPER LMAO

No no I heard RL2 is going to be launched then... no word on character transfers.

• Like 1

i tried eve online twice, graphically its amazing, but it's just boring -- i don't get what you do. i just see people mining, hauling ore, and selling it. that's it.

i tried salvaging in negative sectors with a kestrel or something with Jackburton, tryin to make a dangerous living, but it was pretty hostile. eventually these dudes invited us onto Teamspeak3, we went to this -.6 sector and we killed this guy tryin to warp out (we scrambled him), and he apparently dropped this really rare black ops training guide. the leader sold it, he gave jackburton and myself 50 million isk each. was pretty fun, but we didn't really know how to do it ourselves.