Sign in to follow this  
tune

Disassembly Of Certain Items

we should be able to maybe talk a iron pickaxe and remove the handle and the pickaxe head if we want. possibly damaging the items in the process , and metal should be able to be melted down possibly lowering ql or something.

• Like 1

I really like that idea, because if you have unused bsbs or chests and such that you don't want, but do want the materials, you should be able to take them apart. And since Wurm is really good at depicting what it really takes to make like a barrel or a saw, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to take apart created items :D

Disassembly should be possible with higher level skill returning more items/less damage

I'd like to see this used for large items that can't otherwise be moved, maybe not for small things.

i.e. Beds, Large Chests, Large Barrels, stuff like that. (Not forges or ovens, considering those are adhered with clay)

Good Point but maybe you would just simply damage the clay beyond reusing again basically so you could still dismantle the items. If that would work then maybe even the ability to dismantle boats and ships, but not just with a timer, and x amount of times you would have to try to dismantle so you would pull maybe a few planks of and a couple dozen pegs?

walls fences, houses, all those will be nice to return some mats, let say a house stone wall, return either 20 bricks of 50% the ql of the wall, or 10 bricks the same ql of the wall, same for wooden walls, half the planks same ql, or all the planks dimished ql.

Who knows, maybe this create a nice side efect, i can foresee people bashing those abandoned fences and walls to get some mats for new buildings or even to sell it in the market.

Salu2.

Maybe being able to smelt down metal items to get their metal like in dwarf fortress. +1

Edited by atazs

I'd very much like to see this. Disassemble tools to create new ones, alternatively scrap. (if we have a pickaxe and want a rake, why can't we smelt it and just make one?). This would be particularly useful for larger things like houses and shipbuilding; If you want to move you could salvage some of the planks/bricks from the old house, or if you want to make a cog you could salvage some of the hull planks from your old sailboat. This form of resource recycling may encourage people to deconstruct buildings and ships instead of just leaving them to decay, and may or may not help reduce the item clutter in general.

This has been suggested many times before, I'm obviously still for it.

+1 Take things apart and your skill, tool ql, and randomness affects the output product. I think disassemble time should be the same as construction.

We need to put down detailed rules of who has disassemble rights. Many of the item destruction limitations are their solely to stop hypothetical griefing.

objects on deed, mayor can always disassemble

objects on deed, those who the mayor has given destruction rights too.

On deed control has precidence over housing related

objects in house, stuff inside a house can be disassembled by the house owner.

objects in the wild, Well I think these should be free for all but that will grief F2P. Another option is only the owner can disassemble here.

Defiantly. Controls on who can take apart different things should be there to stop any potential griefing. I would say as for items not on deed but in the wild, if it's like a house then make there be a time limit from someone being active in the house so if the person moves out or doesn't log on for x amount of weeks then the house and contents can be disassembled

It has always been common practice to take one building apart to build a new one. When one war is over, or the frontline has been moved decades ago, fortresses tend to be abandoned, so the people take the stones and build their villages and farms.

It's weird that in Wurm, everything just evaporates.

We don´t need to change anything about current permisions, for house walls, only the writ holder can destroy/disasemble walls.

Salu2.

We don´t need to change anything about current permisions, for house walls, only the writ holder can destroy/disasemble walls.

Salu2.

Village mayors should be able to disassemble anything regardless of writs or creator flag. Mayors pay a lot of money to control some land and we should not let others supersede that control. Also, house walls are just one aspect. What about furniture like forges, looms, ovens? What about fences?

Who has the right to disassemble things off deed and outside a house? Note, I think its a bad idea to code in new features that rely on GM to enforce. This means we need to find a way to add ownership or control flags to objects off deed/outside house. We can't really do free for all either because that will conflict with enclosure. That yard idea I saw a while back is starting to look better because things encompassed could be labeled.

Another option is to say only things inside a house or on deed can be dissembled But that won't help all those F2P newbie who put fences in the wrong spot. And I don't like it when people use the, "plan better next time" excuse.

Village mayors should be able to disassemble anything regardless of writs or creator flag. Mayors pay a lot of money to control some land and we should not let others supersede that control. Also, house walls are just one aspect. What about furniture like forges, looms, ovens? What about fences?

Who has the right to disassemble things off deed and outside a house? Note, I think its a bad idea to code in new features that rely on GM to enforce. This means we need to find a way to add ownership or control flags to objects off deed/outside house. We can't really do free for all either because that will conflict with enclosure. That yard idea I saw a while back is starting to look better because things encompassed could be labeled.

Another option is to say only things inside a house or on deed can be dissembled But that won't help all those F2P newbie who put fences in the wrong spot. And I don't like it when people use the, "plan better next time" excuse.

Ok, as i see, disasemble is the same that destroy, so the rules are the same, if you can destroy it, then you can disassemble, plain and simple.

I don´t get why this discussion suddenly deviate to this legals terrains.

Salu2.

Basically this is the only way it can work on freedom. Make disassemble only be possible for things you have destroy permission for (e.g. everything for mayors on-deed, or houses you are owner of, or perhaps any non-owned object u can reach without a fence/wall in your way [not including fences/walls themselves]). This is one feature where I see no reason to make special consideration for F2P non-deed scenarios considering they can simply rebuild with some small additional effort. The only time this effort would be significant is with large construction projects, in which case they should consider deeding for the benefits anyway :)

I'm not against the general idea, but players should not be able to recover materials with QL above what they themselves could produce.

I really like this idea. To disassemble a stone wall with 0 Disassembly skill should give no returns. Maybe from 10 or 20 skill, you get a percentage of scraps.. woodscraps, stone shards, metal shavings, leather scraps, etc that's relevant to the original material used. The higher the skill, the higher percentage of scraps you recover and an even higher skill will allow you to recover whole pieces (bricks, planks, nails, etc).

I'm not against the general idea, but players should not be able to recover materials with QL above what they themselves could produce.

Indeed, or we can have a new skill maybe?

Scavenge: the more skill you have the more posibilities to get materias close to the ql and amounts that the item to be disasembled have, and also your skill work as a limit for the ql of the mats obtained.

Salu2.

Don't see why we would need a new skill when the ones we have (masonry, carpentry, shipbuilding, smithing etc) are completely relevant for the process. Obviously a skilled carpenter knows the most efficient way of taking a wooden house house apart. 50% QL hit on salvaged materials with a maximum QL equal to the relevant skill.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

Ok, as i see, disasemble is the same that destroy, so the rules are the same, if you can destroy it, then you can disassemble, plain and simple.

I don´t get why this discussion suddenly deviate to this legals terrains.

Salu2.

Because you can easily destroy stuff that the rules say you shouldn't. I think a new feature should be created so undesirable actions are not possible. I don't want to read rules. No, just play the game and rest assured that if the game lets me do it, this its legal and intended.

"Another option is to say only things inside a house or on deed can be dissembled But that won't help all those F2P newbie who put fences in the wrong spot. And I don't like it when people use the, "plan better next time" excuse."

Basically this is the only way it can work on freedom. Make disassemble only be possible for things you have destroy permission for (e.g. everything for mayors on-deed, or houses you are owner of, or perhaps any non-owned object u can reach without a fence/wall in your way [not including fences/walls themselves]).

Short term it would likely be the easiest way. Although, it is not the only path. If we had yards, which attached to houses, then it would be very possible to attach ownership flags to fences, furniture and everything else encompassed within.