Sign in to follow this  
MattSquare

Make Supreme And Fantastic Items Have A Noticeable Efficiency Increase

The point behind this thread is that supreme (and I'm guessing fantastic) items currently have such a small increase in item efficiency that it isn't even noticeable. On Freedom, I wear an 80ql supreme iron chain jacket. I can't notice the difference between it and a normal jacket of the same quality, which I used before I made the supreme jacket. I think that supreme and fantastic items are rare enough that they should have a noticeable increase in efficiency. I admit rares are easy to get and probably need no changes. However, it is very disappointing that supremes and fantastics, which are very rare, don't have much of a bonus, if any at all. This could be a great game mechanic if there was any point in collecting them and envying them other than bragging.

In my opinion, rares should have 5% or less extra efficiency, surpemes should have more, maybe 10-15%, and 25% or more for fantastics. They should be able to have more than 100% efficiency, or their efficiency at 100ql. Some of you that complain about how this could unbalance PvP. Five percent for rare is in no way unbalancing, and supreme and fantastic items, let alone items that are actually useful in battle or for any function other than building components, is small enough to allow a decent, noticeable bonus. Also, making supremes and fantastics powerful will encourage PvP. People will envy those with these items and will attempt to find them, raid them, kill them, and loot them.

Discuss.

• Like 2

Nah, they already encourage PvP. Making them more powerful would do the opposite, someone with all fantastic/supreme equipment and good skills would be basically invincible. It's like drake/scale armor.

Nah, they already encourage PvP. Making them more powerful would do the opposite, someone with all fantastic/supreme equipment and good skills would be basically invincible. It's like drake/scale armor.

or on the other hand, it would enhance pvp and make it worth going after someone again

or on the other hand, it would enhance pvp and make it worth going after someone again

To my knowledge there has been little testing and as usual no hard info from rolf on what rare/supreme/fantastic items do, so with that in mind, there are good for nothing but blinking.

placebo items....

you've gotta understand there's only been 1 pvp item ever made on epic that has been fantastic, and maybe 4-5 supreme things, they should get a better use so +1

Edited by Cornchips

I think that a little higher chance to achieve supreme and fantastic would be nice, I've only ever seen rares. Yes, I know the point is so that they are super rare, but I have never seen something higher then rare in my time in Wurm...

imo they should be noticeable bonuses, and rare, supreme, fantastic should all have advanced bonuses each time

but not HUGE like 50% extra chance to hit.. just like 3%, 6%, and maybe 10% as an example..

Yes, so that at least you get something good for the money you pay with

you've gotta understand there's only been 1 pvp item ever made on epic that has been fantastic,
  • Like 2

You have no data on what the current improvements are, only "I didn't notice anything".

You have no data on what the current improvements are, only "I didn't notice anything".

Maybe that's the point of them; Being attractive to players without affecting game balance.

^ like that.

People already want them anyway if nothing else then because they are shiny. If the devs thought they needed more value, I would hope they just would just make them look kool.

You have no data on what the current improvements are

Do you? :)

Edited by Wiro

For those who think supreme and fantastic items shouldn't tip the balance: if they are so hard to get, why shouldn't they? And if they are so hard to get, there can't be any real market for them unless they are made much more common. With that being said, people fight over good stuff on PvP servers, good loot makes killing people and raiding deeds worth it, not just another 90+ AoSP chain set in a pile in the corner of your house. The problem with good gear is the simple fact that every good PvPer has it. We need something that not everyone has to spice things up. If one player has a supreme shield, and his enemy doesn't, then it makes it worth killing the player with the supreme shield. It also makes it more than the boring, old, average fight. It might take two people to take down the player with the supreme shield, but that encourages teamwork, which is good. The point is, these items would spice up the game, make PvP more than just the standard 90ql enchanted gear. People would have a use for looting these items, not giving them away to free to other kingdom members because they don't want them. People on PvE servers would love to have them just for the fun of it.

Anyway, to what Budda said, I can't notice a difference in my supreme jacket, and that is exactly why I wrote this thread: I want to see a noticeable difference between my 80ql regular chain jacket and my 80ql supreme chain jacket.

If you complain that these supreme and fastastic items would be overpowered on PvP servers if they were to be changed, make them drop out of your inventory if you log out in enemy presence, just like dragon armor. I'd rather have a nerf like that than a feature with no real use or function.

Rare items obviously already have great value among players because they're hard to get, even if they have very similar performance to normal items.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

if they are so hard to get, why shouldn't they?
Edited by Postes

Rare items are pretty random... made over 400 large metal shields, imped most to 30-40, no rares.

The name says it, but I will clarify it. I am talking about supreme and fantastic items only, not rares. I will admit that rares are pretty common, I have plenty of them. I have also gotten plenty of drumrolls without getting a rare. As far as I know, supreme and fantastic items are pretty rare. I was a pretty lucky person on freedom, I had two supremes on one account and another supreme on my alt. Only one of these was useful (chain jacket), but the other two were pretty useless (brick and clay). I know a player who got his first useful, non resource rare months after the addition of rares, and that was after grinding weapon smithing several points past 75. I will repeat this, if supreme and fantastic items were given a noticeable bonus to efficiency, they could also be nerfed in a way, such as dropping out of inventory when the holder logs out in local range to an enemy, like drake and scale armor. This would make supreme and fantastic items worth wearing in PvP (instead of keeping them in a locked chest, merchant, or alt) while discouraging logging out to avoid PvP.

Edited by MattSquare

More effective items unbalance things easier. You could however add more durability, easier imping success, and cool models to improve desirability without causing imbalances.

• Like 1