Sign in to follow this  
Frondale

@ Rolf...a Wurm Calendar We Could Put On Our Real Home Walls

Dear Rolf,

I was asking in chat if anyone would consider buying a Wurm Calendar that we could put above our computers or where we want in our real life house walls. I got a positive response about it so I am posting it here for your consideration.

The calendar would show our real month and an inlay of the actual Wurm months. It would show what is harvestable for the Wurm month also. It was suggested you pick from a pool of screenshots as to what is placed on the calendar for each real month.

Positives would be:

Extra passive income for you.

We would have beautiful pictures of Wurm on our home walls.

It could be a talking point to our real life guests which could bring in new players.

Wurmians would know what Wurm month it is at a glance and what is harvestable.

You already have a shop set up for people to buy from.

Negatives:

A little more work making and shipping the calendars around the world.

I love calendars and I personally would enjoy one on my wall. I am about to open up a newsagent business and I would even like to have them in stock with my other calendars.

I trust you would at least consider this idea.

Sincerely

Fron, aka Kaytra, Prinzess (ingame)

• Like 2

An awesome idea, but the times would end up being off due to server stops / resets. I'd buy one even if it were just Rolfs favorite screenshots with regular dates. Would make for an awesome screenshot contest.

An awesome idea, but the times would end up being off due to server stops / resets. I'd buy one even if it were just Rolfs favorite screenshots with regular dates. Would make for an awesome screenshot contest.

I like this Idea much better - Screenshots from Wurm (Contest to determine the 12 winners)

There's already 2 fairly decent harvest calculators out there: "Again as Bob said: they are off because time stops during server shutdowns"

Harvest calculators:

/>http://webdepp.sense-net.at/~toni/wurm/seasoncalc.php

/>http://schwanke.org/RandomFiles/Wurm/HarvestingCalculator.asp

I would suggest a pure wurm days/months/harvests calendar. The reason being server restarts and different server times, and also the fact that wurm time and real time are X3 or some such.... doing /time, and looking at the wall instead of using an online tool would be very cool. Once I figure out how, i will add some screens to this post.

RandomVonOdd

What I think is a nice rainbow.

cKXFA.jpg

Edited by RandomVonOdd

Cool idea but I'd rather just have an in-game functionality

/time

Another line is added after the in game date "You remember that <> is in season."

i.e.

"It is the 4th day of Wrath week One of Raven Starfall. You remember that Grapes and Apples are in season."

Just dont use the male employees (unless they are beefcakes).

A real calendar would be great if they could sync game time with real time, so it continues, regardless of server restarts, ect. Be that possible or impossible, this post made me think of something else.

To make papyrus calendars in game that only lasts till the end of a Wurm year. The quality of the calendar would determine the amount of information you get. Papyrus seems to be fairly under-utelised in game and I would enjoy having more reasons to want to work with it.

maybe on the calendar in small text it can also say the start of ingame weeks and months?

It'd be impossible to sync a real calendar with the Wurm servers without server time being set permanently, which I doubt it ever would be for a range of reasons. For starters, if you can only play an hour a day and that hour happens to be at Wurm nighttime then you're stuffed! That happened to me once for a couple of weeks but after a server restart I got sunsets instead, much less depressing and more fun :P

I'd never rule out the possibility of Wurm merchandise, especially coming up to v1 it wouldn't be surprising if merchandise outputs increase. A screenshot competition to get yours in the "official calendar" would be epic though :D

Edited by Docterchese