Sign in to follow this  
Iulianx

Redo The Nutrition System

The system shouldn't be more punishing that the current nutrition system we have. IF you have poor Nutrition you would have wounds healing slower and reduced stamina regen, however if you a balanced nutrition you get a skillgain bonus.

This system is workable assuming the end user doesn't really see it.

Certainly the current system is a bit silly. I cook up a nice 90ql beef steak, eat a piece of fresh bread, and some nice corn and onions. Then I wash the whole thing down with some wine. Heck, thats better than I eat in real life !! Nutrition on such a feast should be pretty good.

Instead I cram a pumpkin in a pan with some random cooked meat ....

Lemme just vomit up some quick theorycrafting on meal QL ~ nutrition level

eating any cooked item would give nutrition equal to its QL ~ the QL of the cooked food item (stew, meal, w/e) would be determined by item ingredients

meal QL determined as follows:

If undamaged meat/fish is added ~ +1/4 of meat QL (thus +25 max); damaged meat could be this same ammount -% equal to damage

If a carb is added ~+1/4 of carb QL (thus another +25 max)

If a vegetable is added ~ +1/4 of vege QL (yet another +25 max)

If a fatty item is added (cheese, butter, milk)~ +1/8 of fat QL (max +12.5)

If seasonings are added (various stuff, salt, herbs) ~ +1/8 of fat QL (max +12.5)

Thus a BALANCED meal would be able to get to a max of 100QL (still based on cooking skill)

No one ingredient could unbalance the result.

Encourages use of variety of foods.

Newbie meals (vegetable and meat) would cap @ 50 ql using this formula ~ more than enough for new players and wouldn't hamper skillgain early

Advanced players would want to make more complex meals, thus having higher difficulties for the more ingredients, and thus better skillgains.

Would also like to see the resulting products of HFC to always be called a meal but named for what it actually is.

Exmaple: I put a herring, salt, onions, and butter (add this) into my pan. The game looks at the ingredients and then outputs a 'Meal (salted herring with caramelized onions)' and when eating it using descriptors for the ingredients to generate a event message: 'You eat the meal, the blend of salty and buttery herring blah blah blah.'

All unneccessary of course, but nice.

Edited by Elen