Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

DKSprocket, the main reason I keep this (and many other things) hardcoded is so everyone can enjoy changes, not just the person who adds / works around things for himself. Please give me the missing events and I will add them in the next update.

I understand the idea, but at least for me the result is something like this: I need to grind prospecting *now*, does WurmAssistant support this? Ok, guess not I'll just grind it without it. I know that even I submit it it won't get supported while I need it, so submitting it is not very high on my list of priorities. In ideal world we'd all submit missing stuff, but since it will rarely help when it would be useful I would suspect it doesn't get done as often as it could be.

My suggestion would be to add a convenient way to add your own strings, but also to dump these to clipboard/text file. That way people who want to contribute only has to do so once in a while and it's just a press of a button. If this is done correctly it would also make your life easier since the strings are already formatted etc.

People who are lazy/selfish would probably not submit their lists, but then again I doubt those people are submitting missing events now anyway.

On top of my head I can only remember prospecting right now and I'm pretty sure my village mate said grass picking isn't working either. I know there was 5-10 actions in the past where I was sad to see it not working, but I didn't make any note of it since it wasn't going to help me when I was using them. I also wasn't aware you were taking submission here - I didn't even know about the thread since I had gotten the download link from someone in my village.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit ungrateful - I do love the program. I'm a big fan and it has made my life so much easier, but that's also why I get sad when I can't add directly to the program.

Edited by DKSprocket

DKSprocket, you have a valid point there. In fact most people don't bother to help make this program better for others, only for themselves, which is very very sad. Most of people come to me either with feature requests that they need for themselves, often unfeasible to do, or complaining about bugs / crashes without giving any information what might be causing them. I have had a total of 2 other person give a meaningful code suggestion (thanks Yaga and Kermitt), but had no one else actually working on the code. Not even a single line, even tho it was encouraged. Here also falls your complaint about not being able to add things to the program. You CAN, perhaps it's not as convenient as you'd like, but following that line of thinking, it's even less convenient for myself to make it convenient for you. Or maybe I am wrong?

Above obviously doesn't apply to everyone, or WA would long be gone. Especially that even wurm devs choose to ignore me, even though I reached there a few times. You could claim they are busy, but not even a short answer? I did optimistically put this tool as "for the community" and kept running it like that at the expense of my time, isn't that enough to get 5 seconds of their time? Guess not! And these are not issues that GM's can help with, wish they could because they were actually willing.

I may do that suggestion of yours eventually, but I have other projects to work on and WA is steadily dropping in the priority queue. I keep working on it in spare time, keep bugfixes top priority and finishing the started features, but I doubt there will be more coming from me any time soon.

Why not simply add a feature to allow a few custom triggers?

Something like configureable email inbox rules.

Don't give access to the code itself, but do allow people to play with the functionality some.

Yes Farmer, I will do this one eventually. But any further adjustments will have to be coded by someone else.

Sad to see that a few ######s have ruined it for you Aldur, I enjoy WA very much and would love to help out if I knew any coding outside of java and html related things.

:(

I was really looking forward to the "Granger" feature, which Stargrace already featured in her blog.

You did a good job, Aldur - sorry to see you disband this.

Especially that even wurm devs choose to ignore me, even though I reached there a few times.

We share the same fate - I never got any response either. yes, they are busy and most of them are volunteers, which I appreciate. But total lack of response is kinda impolite!

Edited by Yaga

Aldur, dont give up on this please. This is one of the most awesome tools out there. I'm sure you will get a reply from the Dev's eventually.

Umm... I'm sorry folks, but you may have misunderstood my intentions. I'm not pulling the plug on this program, I'm just merely stopping to add new features for now (may resume at some point in future). It will still be here and I'll still fix bugs. I'm also refactoring the code to make adding new features much easier for others... well a bit easier anyway.

The granger will be out of beta soon, there is still some stuff it needs but I'll work on it later.

PS. And yeah, I wish there was a dev in Codeclub responsible for contact with 3rd parties. There is so much other programmers could do for this game, but they pass on that for some unknown reason.

Edited by Aldur

Love this software but I have one request!

Can you please add a toggle option for it to badger you to meditate/pray if you've not done it after x mins of it telling you to? sometimes when i'm listening to music or watching a video or afk i dont hear the sound so could do with being reminded every minute (or what i tell it) or so.

Love this software but I have one request!

Can you please add a toggle option for it to badger you to meditate/pray if you've not done it after x mins of it telling you to? sometimes when i'm listening to music or watching a video or afk i dont hear the sound so could do with being reminded every minute (or what i tell it) or so.

Indeed, and here's a good place to grab a bit of audio to create a badgering sound with :)

• Like 2

There seems to be an issue for playing FLAC files. Comes out all distorted.

Would it be possible to add a counter for praying? It would be nice to see how many times I can still pray for the faith gain and plan my time accordingly.

Assistant is now updated to 1.4.0.16 and includes the Granger, horse breeding assistant.

If the auto-update doesn't work, you can find this build here.

I've also made a little guide to this module, due to lots of beta confusion on how to use it correctly. You can find it here.

There are few things still missing in Granger, these will be finished after 2.0.

---------

Calendar issues: I've added some debug code, next time someone finds seasons off please send me the program log.

---------

FLAC issues - sound engine is not my work, there is nothing i can do about it. Does this distortion issue happen for anyone else?

---------

Little modification requests - as I've said previously (thanks for not reading), I don't have time to make these. I've added them to the (very long) list, maybe will be done eventually.

Also on this note: If all goes well, 2.0 will have integrated ironpython so everyone will be free to write their own perfect timers, calendars, counters and sound beepers without having to dig into any source code.

---------

I'm looking for Linux and Mac user(s) willing to test 2.0 cross-platform beta some time in the future.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 2

The Granger feature is just awesome! Thank you very much, Aldur. Excellent work!!

• Like 1

Granger! the most important feature for me is finally here, thanks! :)

(too bad the log doesnt contain the color of the horse so WA cant know it, otherwise perfect)

Could someone give me a rough idea of what sort of "conditions" are acceptable, for audible notifications? I don't even know where to begin.

- I've figured it out... Now, to figure a phrase that the program will understand and interpret as "anything and everything" as the condition... something equal to Windows' *.* when filtering file-types... any input would be greatly appreciated.

- two asterisks <**> without the arrows seems to have done the job

- Okay... one last edit... How (if possible) do I differentiate between, for example, incoming and outgoing PMs? I don't need an alert when I send a message, so the catchall <**> is a bit annoying.

Edited by Animus

You need to check "use regex semantics" and then use this as condition:

^((?!<Animus>).)*$

I've found and fixed a bug in Granger, that could potentially mess the database. It involves renaming herds. Everyone is advised to update to 1.4.0.17.

You need to check "use regex semantics" and then use this as condition:

^((?!<Animus>).)*$

Wonderful, thanks :)

Got a little bug, its adding the horse as male but its female and pregnant... (Heartwest)

D14ysXZ.png

Lenny paste me:

- a complete set of log messages when you inspect this horse

- another set of log messages for another horse of same gender, that's being added correctly

Haven't had this issue happen to myself yet, must be some rare circumstance causing this.

Failed Horse

smile cond: You smile at Aged fat Heartwest.
attempting to start processing horse due to line: You smile at Aged fat Heartwest.
extracting object name
object assumed to be a horse
building new horse object and moving to processor
finished building
horse set to male
found maybe trait line: It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
line verified as traits
extracting traits
matched trait: FleeterMovement
matched trait: StrongBody
matched trait: LightningMovement
matched trait: CarryMoreThanAverage
matched trait: VeryStrongLegs
trait parsing finished
found maybe prengant line
found horse to be pregnant, est delivery: 10/03/2013 19:58:51
finished parsing pregnant line
found maybe parents line
set mother to: Tesssouth
set father to: Raintom
finished parsing parents line
processing timed out, attempting to verify and apply last inspected horse
finishing processing horse: Heartwest
horse data is valid
HERD: attempting to add/update new horse
HERD: found existing horse in herd Default, applying
applied
updated horse data: Heartwest
processor buffer cleared

Working Horse

smile cond: You smile at Young fat Goldenstrong.
attempting to start processing horse due to line: You smile at Young fat Goldenstrong.
extracting object name
object assumed to be a horse
building new horse object and moving to processor
finished building
horse set to male
found maybe trait line: It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
line verified as traits
extracting traits
matched trait: FleeterMovement
matched trait: StrongBody
matched trait: LightningMovement
matched trait: CarryMoreThanAverage
matched trait: VeryStrongLegs
trait parsing finished
found maybe parents line
set mother to: Heartwest
set father to: Goldenhappy
finished parsing parents line
processing timed out, attempting to verify and apply last inspected horse
finishing processing horse: Goldenstrong
horse data is valid
HERD: attempting to add/update new horse
HERD: found existing horse in herd Default, applying
applied
updated horse data: Goldenstrong
processor buffer cleared

Hope this is what you need and also hope it helps. :-)

Ow sorry, I meant the in-game log messages. :D But these will be helpful too, thanks. ;)

Failed Horse

[22:58:49] You smile at Aged fat Heartwest.
[22:58:50] Horses like this one have many uses.
[22:58:50] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[22:58:50] This creature could use some grooming.
[22:58:50] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
[22:58:50] She will deliver in about 8.
[22:58:50] Mother is Aged fat Tesssouth. Father is Venerable fat Raintom.

Working Horse

[23:01:50] You smile at Young fat Goldenstrong.
[23:01:51] A foal skips around here merrily.
[23:01:51] He is extremely well nourished.
[23:01:51] This creature could use some grooming.
[23:01:51] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
[23:01:51] Mother is Aged fat Heartwest. Father is Aged fat Goldenhappy.

:-)