Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Are you smiling, then examining the horses, within 5 seconds? The log seems to indicate that no examination data was ever read by granger, so it can't apply any change. If you indeed do it this way, then I will definitely need Wurm's event log to check why exactly aren't those lines parsing.

Are you smiling, then examining the horses, within 5 seconds? The log seems to indicate that no examination data was ever read by granger, so it can't apply any change. If you indeed do it this way, then I will definitely need Wurm's event log to check why exactly aren't those lines parsing.

oh I thought I only need to smile LOL my bad then

Thanks Viti, these kind of little random bugs are what I need to fix now. The launcher has to be rock solid. :)

Assuming you have installed it in default location, you could send me a log file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Aldurcraft\Wurm Assistant Launcher\LauncherLogs

Hey ALdur!

Unfortunately this file is totally blank, only stating "Logging started". I think the error didnt come from the launcher itself, but more from one of the programs you use to make it, like net framework or the like (sorry I cant say more, I am not entirely stupid with PCs but also am no expert, haha).

I can however say that the Opera browser, although built on the chrome engine in some parts, doesnt give any warning upon downloading it. Neither does Norman Internet Security (not Norton, but Norman). Raxco's perfectguard doesnt say anything bad either, so not all software dislikes yours! :D

Only thing I noticed is that sometimes, the firewall of Norman pops up with the message that wurmassistant tries to open a port with server capabilities and if I want to allow it or not. This seems to come randomly, when it is running for hours already and regardless if I allow it or deny it, everything just keeps running as it did before. Not sure what this means or if it is mandatory for wurmassistant, but if I am giving some feedback anyhow, might as well add it to the list :)

No idea what this might be, launcher doesn't need things like that. Maybe I have misconfigured something.

Oh it is not the launcher that does it, but wurmassistant itself. It happened in the past a lot, although I havent noticed it lately (although that might be because i made a rule for it)

I really have no clue what it means, but since there was a little discussion about warnings from browsers and security software I just figured Ill throw it out here since it is the only thing that ever came up from a security software from me for wurmassistant.

Ill delete the rule and will observe it, if it comes up again Ill post a screenshot of it if it would be of help :)

Edited by Viti

Ok. I am hoping you didnt accidentally contract a virus or something.  I had norton flip out with a suspicious activity warning and it immediately quaranteened something and shut down WA.  Problem is now when I try to launch it from the launcher it says FIle Not Found even though the launcher says its updated to the latest version.

I guess I have to uninstall and reinstall? I am warry about restoring the quarantined file because it may be infected by something that your server version isnt and I dont want norton thinking I dont care about it. :P

Ok I uninstalled and reinstalled from the link in the forum here. It still cant find the file to launch. I am guessing since some setting in the launcher thinks its updated its not actually checking to see if the file is really there or not. How do I force it to do a check so it will redownload the program?

Well, I'm fairly sure WA is not infected with anything, but that doesn't mean the file couldn't get infected, after it was put on your pc (meaning you might have a virus). :)

But yeah, it's more likely this norton really doesn't like something... do you folks use it with high heuristics or default? And tell me the exact version, I will try it on a VM and experiment a bit.

Oh and the uninstall... yeah I knew I've forgotten something. For now simply delete everything from:

%localappdata%\AldurCraft\WurmAssistantInstall

Updated launcher to 1.0.3, added reinstall option and some styles.

I also just got a Norton virus warning - first time, and only on one machine.

"Suspicious.Cloud.9"

"Suspicious.Cloud.9 is a detection technology designed to detect entirely new malware threats without traditional signatures."

Very well designed.

Also had "WS.Reputation.1" on virus-total Norton version. Seems that getting this "detection" automatically lowers the "reputation". Awesome!

I'd have to contact Symantec about this I guess.

This is definitely a false positive, it stops "detecting" anything once I rebuild the solution. And it finds it on WurmAssistant2.exe, which is 100% my code. :)

Also, if you don't mind, please send a false positive report:

https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

I've just got response from Symantec, they have cleared all detections associated with WA.

But since they have hash-based file identification, this issue might resurface after updates. That's why I'd like to ask everyone to forward any future AV detection you might encounter, before it gets out of control.

Edited by Aldur

Updated new launcher to 1.0.4, mostly bugfixes and a some tweaks to tray icon, for example trying to start launcher while it was already running shown an ugly popup, now it will show window of the one already running. :) Might be good to do the same for WA.

Launcher seems to be working well now, so I'll finish the news feeds and - unless some new issues are found - put it officially on main post.

Great tool!

Something i noticed today in the timers feature -

I am using Prayer (F), Prayer (E), and Sermon (E) as I main epic but am also trying to advance a priest on freedom.

The prayer timer for Epic is reset after sermoning on Epic when it doesn't actually reset your ability to gain faith ingame on that cluster.

just a small oversight.

Thanks Propheteer, I'm adding this to bugs. :)

Could the granger show wich deed it's branded to in the main sheet?

how does 1 extract the file to wurm to make it work ?

and also a great thing would be an export function wich will export all wurm assistant data to another for like ones dropbox folder so that you can transfer your granger and other data from one computer to another.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is already possible, there were few posts here not so long ago on how to use symbolic links to put WA settings into dropbox folder. I'll try to write a wiki page about that, as soon as I've got a moment.

About the branded column in granger, no problem adding that, I'll put that on todo.

I believe the next WA update should arrive within a week or so. Maybe even this weekend. It's time to get back to all those bugfixes and promised features, it's long overdue.

On a different note, I'd have to change how WA is run in the future.

First of all, donations don't seem to work. I'm not getting enough to cover time it takes to work on new things for this tool. For a moment there (x-mas time), I saw a lot of them coming in and if that continued, it would've worked... but it's the opposite, last 2 months I've barely seen anything, while the features promised for last donations are still not completed.

Secondly, the group I was playing Wurm with has lost their interest with Wurm, no small part due to Rolfs recent and past actions and ideas. Lots of members left because of the ever-neglected security issues within deeds and alliances.

Rolf even pissed me off with his "statements", like "we are removing highway rule, deal with it", not to mention his total disregard to such tools as WA. Writing single line of code to solve a complex problem for WA was too f****ng hard for him.

With all this put together, I'm not looking forward to work on WA anymore. I'm really sorry, but it looks like current features + the donator requests on the board, will be all that WA will ever see. Once I'm done with these, I will only keep updating WA to changes in Wurm itself, maybe tiny feature tweaks, improving the wiki help pages etc. That is it.

Once I have more free time again, I'd be spending it on going forward with my own sandbox game project, that I've been neglecting for far too long. For a while there I thought Wurm can be *it*, but clearly Rolf has no idea what he's doing.

Edited by Aldur

Have been using the program for a few days, it's awesome :)

A quick bug I found though was that if you run the log searcher without specifying a keyword then it seems to try and return all of your logs to you, causing an out of memory error. Needs a check to make sure that there's always a keyword being searched for.