Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Speaking of this file, I would truly appreciate if all of you would send me these modifications, so I can add them in. I can't cover entire action-set of wurm myself and nearly every single action has a unique ending event.

I will. I'll wait till I have a few more unless you want them sooner.

Question now. How in the new system do we set it so that if you start a new action the queue is done event resets.

Like I put in 3 things and they finish but I put in 3 more within 20 seconds so I want it to not give the done event and just start measuring again.

Thanks!

Action Queue Trigger works the same as it did before. There is an adjustable window after each action is finished, if new action starts within it, it's reset.

If you're asking about other triggers, then not exactly. It's possible to achieve it by setting the delay. If trigger is hit before delay is over, it will be reset with new delay.

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone, to be more specific about upcoming features and how would you like them to work. How exactly should they work! It is far easier to code something right and once, than to constantly mess and tweak it, possibly risking bugs and always wasting a lot of time. I can always make a quick prototype, if needed.

Does the delay work with the end of queue?

Also as for future features.  I honestly wish I could but I need to see what you really put in vsus what I ask for. :D :D :D

For example I was expecting the running list with colors of stuff instead of all of the pop ups. Is that still planned or was that scrapped.? I'm having a heck of a hard time figuring out all the new features cuz I cant tell whats a left over pop up from an import, a new pop up, a pop up that got lost. (For example if you have 15 or 20 end of queue pop ups cuz you havnt cleared them in a while, stuff like that one "Reached 50 favor" gets lost in the mix. Some end up in the first pop up, some end up in the second all jammed together scrolling off the screen... (Ive watched two 'pages' of results flash by when I havnt clicked on them in a while. Seems to stop at two even if you have 20 or 30.)

See sometimes I play "Hard core" and click and use the end of queue pop up as soon as its over cycling between clients a mile a minute (as many as four) other times I let them pile up because I am just lazily lumbering along with one and dont really need anything but the favor one. Except that the favor one gets swallowed by all the others and it doesnt make sense for me to edit all my triggers for my two styles and it certainly doesnt make sense for you to code in 'profiles' for triggers. The list would be a nice compromise cuz I could see "ohh the last five were all queue, now while my spell is casting, clear the list."

I am also not entirely sure I understand how dealy vsus triger vsus cool down works.

I was expecting there to be a system of:

"Optional Event when trigger is hit" <pop up or sound or both>

"Optional Start Timer when trigger is hit.

"Optional Event when timer is finished.

Right now there is only the option to add one "Event" <pop up/sound/both> to a trigger screen yet you can have the Event "set off" (to avoid using the term triggered :D) by one or both of the initial trigger or the delay. How do you tell them apart?

Second you can have trigger, cooldown, delay all set with no "Event" <pop up/sound/both> but then whats the point?

None of this could I have 'forseen' enough to be able to say "Ohh.He thinks of it like this so I should say I want that to compensate for the fact that we think differently." (Like I dont remember anyone asking for a cool down tho they may have. I dont remember anyone mentioning a chat system. Ive never even heard of a chat system that beeps when no one is talking. Ive only ever used the oposite. It beeps when someone talks and then doesnt beep if someone else talks before an internal timer goes off. So I have no idea where you got that feature from lol.)

Seriosly no offense meant in any way. I am not the greatest of communicators because of my mental faculties being perminently altered by "too much psychedelic fun" in college. But I try. If I seem to offend please let me apologize now and know I did not intend it!

I STILL LOVE EVERYTHING WE HAVE SO FAR!!! :) <I just think we can keep improving it and I do try to consider what might be useful for other people.>

What I'm working on, what's next and all the bugs / requests:

https://trello.com/b/Wl58d6PR/wurm-assistant

And save bookmark please. ;)

Yes, the "messages" are there on one of the lists.

Triggers are not designed to be timers, just like timers are not designed to be triggers. I admit that there is no "hidden" timer option (one that doesn't appear on GUI but still works behind the courtain), something I'll fix eventually.

For now I'm busy making better launcher and tweaking code, so we can have "beta" builds available for testing and checking if things go the right direction.

• Like 1

This is part of why the whole "Spell it all out so I can get it right the first time" style of coding doesnt work. "Hidden" timers that dont show up in the gui is one of the things I asked for in the first place and could have sworn you had said you were doing. That was why I was trying to use the cooldown and even the delay for that feature. I thought maybe you just used different language then I would have for the gui.

Not mad or anything, just sayin. We have what we have and its definitely more useful to me then it was before and I am grateful for it and I look forward to any new features. Maybe the messages list will compensate for the lack of hidden timers. Like I said a while ago I am sure I can adapt. I'm not just going to throw it all out and say "Poo. Its useless" and ask for a refund on the beer or something lol. :D

Well, I certainly can refund people money if they wish. :) But I doubt anyone will want that, I will do everything that was promised, you worry not about that!

I'm just sorry it takes so long, but while it's great I'm getting some donations recently, it's not enough to quit the day job and it does eat over half of my time, but I think I can pull it in reasonable timeframe!

Oh and by the way, you actually can use delay as a sort of hidden timer. ;) There is just no option to stop that "timer" from resetting if condition is hit again before delay is over - just like it is with custom timers, actually.

OK. So I dont completely loose my insanity. (Sanity is long gone, working on the insanity next.) when does the popup/sound go off in a trigger with both delay and cooldown? 

I basically need a re-explanation of the event tree for the triggers.  I know:

Wurm notices trigger.

Now what? LOL. Does the cool down and delay happen at the same time? Is the delay how long to wait for the event again to re trigger it? Or is it cooldown then delay?

Is the pop up stuff after the cool down or delay?

I never understood your example of the chat system as I have never seen one like that so that just confused me lol.

Sorry that I could not understand how you spelled this out before. i wanted to play with it for a while to try and untangle it in my head before I bothered you. Its just not clicking for some reason. Bits and pieces but not whole.

Aye, I'll try to describe this a bit. :)

Cooldown:

If you set just a cooldown, and trigger is activated, it will show the popup. But then the cooldown starts and for the duration of cooldown, no popups will happen. The condition will be ignored. Once cooldown is over, next trigger activation will show the popup.

Delay:

If you set a delay, and trigger is activated, it will not show the popup. Instead it will schedule it to happen after the amount of time, that delay is set to. For example if you set a 1 minute delay, then the trigger is activated, the popup will happen 1 minute after trigger is activated.

However, if within that 1 minute, this trigger is activated again, the delay will reset to the full minute again.

Cooldown + always reset:

In this case, cooldown will be reset to full duration, if trigger is activated while it's on cooldown. So if you have 1 minute cooldown, trigger is activated, popup appears, then trigger is activated again after 30 seconds, the cooldown is reset. It is now again 1 minute for total of 1 minute 30 seconds since first trigger activation.

Cooldown + Delay:

This works by simply doing both of the above. Say a cooldown of 1 minute and delay of 10 seconds means, that when trigger is activated, the popup will appear after 10 seconds, but trigger activations will be ignored for 50 more seconds (nothing will happen).

Hopefully this clears any confusion. :)

PS. I don't expect these special options to be always useful, they were just very simple to add and I thought you (and others) may appreciate some settings to play with. ;)

Edited by Aldur
formatting fix
  • Like 1

So lets say I want to have a pop up 1 minute and 45 seconds after I start meditating to remind me to turn on my sleep bonus for the possible skill gain tick.

I would create the trigger with the pop up and set the delay to 1,45 and the cooldown to 2 minutes?

That way if I meditate and let it run full course after 1:45 it will pop up and remind me.

But if for example I get interrupted and restart right away the cool down will make it restart? And re-count the 1:45?

I also wanted to use this for the 5 minute cool down on casting CoC.

I set a trigger for a successfull cast (think there are a couple, I have to record them still) then set the delay to 5 minutes and after 5 minutes the pop up can say. Cast again.

Also I wanted to have it such that if I put 5 things in the queue and then have a delay of 30 second and a cool down of 29. If I put things in the queue again before the cool down it will not give a pop up but go back to checking for the end again? Correct?

This is makeing more sense if I am getting it right. And thank you for putting up with my confusion. :)

Not sure if you are entirely on the right track, but yes.

In essence, if you set a cooldown to 2 minutes and a delay to 2 minutes, then you have a guaranteed popup after 2 minutes, no matter what happens.

If you set no cooldown, just 2 minute delay, then condition will cause the delay to reset back to 2 minutes, every time it's hit by trigger.

Cooldown makes trigger ignore condition "hit" test.

Edited by Aldur

But if I set a cooldown to say one minute with a delay of two minutes, then it will NOT be reset if it gets triggered during that first 60 seconds but at 61 seconds it would reset the two minute delay?

Basically the cooldown stops the code from registering the trigger.  So a cool down of 1 minute says for one minute do not reset the timer, but if at 61 seconds it hears the trigger then it resets.

So if the cooldown is one minute and the delay is two minutes and the original trigger starts at time "0" then for 60 seconds no matter how many times the trigger is set off so long as it is NOT set off between 61 and 120 then at 120 it will do the pop up. BUT if the trigger goes off between 61 seconds and 120 seconds then it starts over like it was the first time. So if it went off at 90 seconds then it would have the cool down from 90 to 150. (No response to more triggers) but from 151 to 210 it would listen again and if it wasnt triggered again the pop up would go off at 150? (Having NOT gone off at the original 120 mark because it was detected again).

Am I getting warm? :P

Everything you suspect is correct, except the last part.

At 150 the popup would not go off, it was rescheduled at 90 back to full 2 minutes. :)

I see what you are saying. I cant even figure out why I wrote that lol. 150 - 90 is 60. So maybe I accidentally counted the 1 minute instead of the two. :P So yeah. It would go off at 310. 2 minutes after the 90 second trigger point.

Possible bug?

I have 30.45 Meditation on Schwanke but I had no log history since the last time I had a skill gain so it was saying 0.0. That makes sense. But now that I had a skill gain and it says 30.45 it isnt registering the fact that after 30 its atleast every 20 minutes. (its always saying ready).

Now it just hit me while typing this lol: It may be because I havnt answered a question yet it doesnt realize I am on a path? I know it says the question is ready and I dont even know off hand which question I am on but I'm sure by now it is ready.

Considering this is an unhandled state, my recommendation would be to either have an option to enter the info through a dialog (too much work for a first time issue?) or maybe atleast recognize that after 30 the timers change.

I have really come to rely on the timers THEY ARE AWESOME. So now I am feeling it not having a meditation timer for Schwanke. (Ive lived off of it for Schwankechanter).

Tho I also just realized I could make my own temp timer and just hope I notice when it switches from 20 minutes to, 3 hrs is it?

Anyway, just mention.

While writing this I was trying to create the timer and tried to add a custom sound and WA2 crashed with the continue quit thing.

I quit and the trigger window dissapeared but then it crashed again and the whole thing disappeared.

I restarted it and it crashed again during boot up and I quit it again and started it up and it crashed again.

Which logs should I send you? lol. :D

It seems to be crashing when a log entry is created while its processing the logs on startup. When my next item in my queue starts to be created it crashes.

This is confirmed. :P

I'll wait for it to load (if it does) before I do anything else in wurm and see if it still crashes.

Ok doesnt seem like skills tab is setting off the crashes. So maybe its trigger related and the event tab was crashing it as all of my triggers are on event tab.

Yes. Seems so :(  Even with init complete the first event crashed it.

Where are the log files and I will zip the whole set and send it to you.

Is there a way to re-install without loosing all of my settings. That would suck. :( I have lots of custom sounds, triggers and timers. Tho I guess if they are corrupted I may be screwed anyway. :(

Guess I have to go back to the stone ages and play without my dearly beloved WA2. :( :( :( :(

Don't re install anything. Not yet anyway!

%localappdata%l\AldurCraft\WurmAssistant2\Logs

Send all since the one, where first crash happened, to aldurcraft@gmail.com

Sent! Along with two of the java crashy window things copied with all the exceptions.

Love your program.  I use it constantly.

I have a suggestion.  It would be really amazing if the program could look at the player's skills and provide a list of maybe the top 5 skills that are closest to a title for the skill.

So if mining is the closest, it would show up in the list.

The idea is to provide suggestions to the player of skills they may want to go ahead and focus on so to gain another title.

Maybe the list could be a "Title Watch" list showing x number of skills that are closest to gaining a title.

Brilliant work, but one question...dare i ask.. Is there any chance of adding a trader function to the timer widget?

Thanks Eyesgood, sounds like a nice idea!

Steveleeb, do you mean the "envoy" (stock reset) timer? I was under impression this is somewhat random?

Edited by Aldur

Probably me being stupid, but I can't get adding triggers to work anymore.

Simple trigger, I fill in name, log, condition and add a sound.

Then what? Click the "x" to close the window? Nothing gets added to the list when I do.

Edit: ok, this is clearly a bug. The triggers get added, but they don't appear in the list until you restart the client. The list also doesn't update when you try to remove a trigger. (i now have 5 triggers on the same condition).

Edited by DKSprocket

Thanks Eyesgood, sounds like a nice idea!

Steveleeb, do you mean the "envoy" (stock reset) timer? I was under impression this is somewhat random?

nope, the 28 day ratio reset timer that varies from server to server and sometimes gets knocked out of whack.

Also maybe a function that could use the getinfo data 

DKSprocket, fixed that bug this morning, should be fine now.

Steveleeb, do you mean that getinfo skill shows time to trader ratio reset? 

• Like 1

I've changed AV soft from avast! to BitDefender and still, every WA2 update wipe out WA2 directory.

I've had copy of "Module" directory there wit my settings, but it was wiped out too.

So, for me, on my Win8 x64, every WA2 update clear my settings.