Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Today I've been considering how cooldowns could reset on server restarts, but I don't see wogic in it. I don't think cooldowns are tied to servers, they should be tied to players instead. For example what if I'll do a sermon on one server (say 8:00), then immediatelly said to another (8:30), then previous server goes down (8:40), then it's back up (9:00) and what now? Should my sermon suddenly restart or still be at 2 hours?

Of course in Wurm everything is possible, but if indeed server restarts somehow affect these cooldowns, I need solid hard proofs on how this exactly works, before I make any changes.

So far I have only removed 24h uptime resets for sermon and alignment.

Thanks! The fix to 24h sermon reset helps, I wish I could give you more info regarding resets and stuff but I don't fully understand it either, it seems like it's both character and server based... Almost like if your character is on a server that gets reset it gets tagged to reset. Have someone actually tried crossing servers to pray/sermon on a different server? It's just so weird and if I do find any conclusive info I sure will provide it.

Feature suggestion if popular: A time count UP ability.  Maybe just change the code so its option to count up or down from the event. But like for example. I like to time how long I have already been doing the sleep bonus so that I can keep track of how long its taking to do certain gains.  Right now I have a count down from 5hrs from You use the sleep bonus. or whatever it is. And then do the math in my head. Be cooler if it just counted up or even counted up and had a 'stop' trigger as well.

Just an idea. :)

is the prayer timer supposed to reset to 20 minutes when you gain? And then of course not reset after the 5th until the next server reboot/24hrs?

I just prayed for the first time in months (lol) and got the faith gain but it still says ready. Even though its not gaining anymore. (as it shouldnt gain for another 20).

I am not 100% sure thats how its supposed to work but I thought it should.

Thanks!

Are you sure that was timer for correct char? WA is looking for "You finish your prayer" message, maybe it was different in your case?

Oh and you need to explain that earlier idea, I'm not quite sure what you mean there.  ;)  

Edited by Aldur

Same with meditation.   And possibly faith.  The prayer timer has a numbe (15.05) next to it which showed up when I old it to show my current faith level. Except that my favor is 30 and my faith is 73.xx so I have no idea where its getting the 15.05 from.  

As I see it it should be showing how many minutes till I can pray again which should be less then 20 if you have prayed less then 5 times. It should show until the next 24 hour mark if you have prayed 5 times. And it should reset if the serve reboots or it reaches the 24 hour mark.  It should be saying show your current FAVOR level in the options box and the 15.05 should be counting up as my favor goes up.

Does that makes sense?

Also. Does the meditation path questions compensate for starting the path?  It said I was ready before I joined. Then when I joined it said I was ready again but the game is telling me it needs to sink in which means its not ready. I think it should be saying 12 hours right now until question 1.

Just curious if this stuff is working and I am doing it wrong or its not working and no one noticed :P

[07:47:01] You have a feeling that Vynora is here with you now.

Thats the message it got that did the 20 minute timer.  It didnt start counting down from 20 its still saying ready.  And it is the right character. Its blackdiamond and I double checked.

Hmmm... 

[08:03:54] You decide to start pursuing the insights of the path of love.

thats the log entry...

I just created this timer:  

My timer shall be called: First question

condition: You decide to start pursuing the insights of the path of love.  

(I cut and pasted that)

in this log Event

hours 12

abracadabra

Went to blackdiamond..

clicked add

First Question (Freedom) ... ready!

Its aparently done 12 hours i the past 20 minutes :D :D :D

Enchant works, thats the first on the list. 7.5 hours left.

But path question says ready and it shouldnt be.

Prayer says ready and its shouldnt be and says 15.05 and it shouldnt and it hasnt changed.

and First question is ready and it shouldnt be.

These are the four I have under blackdiamond.

Schwanke is the first account blackdiamond is the second. (On the timers page).

Schwanke has Enchant which works.

Plan a sign which is a timer I cant prove works or not ecasue I am darn sure that I had waited 24 hours when I only needed 21 and it still wouldnt let me plant.

And finally schwanke has a hack called 20 hour sleep bonus timer. Which counts 20 hours from the last time I started the sleep bonus. Just so I can count myself. Doesnt mean anything except that when the sleep bonus is running I know how long its been by doing 20 hours - whatever is left.

Something is wierd.

Yup. Is broke. :(

I just smiled at a tree and created a timer with a 1 hour cool down for smling at the tree and it says its ready.

So somehin is funky.

Edited by Schwanke

"[07:47:01] You have a feeling that Vynora is here with you now."

That's all you saw in event after finishing prayer? No "You finish your prayer" message at all?

Also from the looks of it, something might be wrong with log searching. Please rebuild the log searcher and try these things again.

Finally about that screenshot, could you try the same timer but put a condition without the dot at the end?

It probably said you finish your prayer too but its that line that defines the 20 minute marker.  You can still pray and get finish your prayer meditation over and over again but you wont get another skill gain for 20 minutes and then another usually different 20 minute message.

I rebuilt the log and got Errors: 1 critical 0. (as shown in screen shot)

And here is the new timer no .

http://schwanke.org/RandomFiles/Wurm/TimerBugs2.jpg

If you have trouble looking over logs, just send them to me and I'll try to make sense of them. :)

aldurcraft@gmail.com

This: (random extra lines for context)

[08:00:09] Info > - > Sound notify played sound: Completed.wav on event: You finish your meditation.

[08:04:04] Info > - > Sound notify played sound: buzzer-2.wav on event: You recently meditated here and need to find new insights somewhere else.

[08:04:08] Info > - > Sound notify played sound: bugout.wav on event: You fall into a trance. Is it better to protect a child or let it risk a severe bruise now and then?

[08:05:55] Info > - > Sound notify played sound: Completed.wav on event: You finish your meditation.

[08:25:42] Info > - > there was an issue with removing custom timer, attempting fix now

[08:25:42] Info > - > fixed

[08:25:50] ERROR > Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.CustomTimer > could not update server uptime information

EXCEPTION: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

EXC TYPE:System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException

SOURCE: mscorlib

TRACE:    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.WurmTimer.GetLatestUptimeCooldownResetDate()

[08:37:28] Info > - > Sound notify played sound: bugout.wav on event: You fall into a trance. Do you taint people by complaining about things to them?

[08:39:28] Info > - > Sound notify played sound: Completed.wav on event: You finish your meditation.

[08:42:47] Info > - > Attempting to start log searcher recache

[08:42:47] Info > - > Starting log searcher recache

[08:42:47] Info > - > LogSearcher: Preparing cache, this may take a while...

[08:42:47] Info > - > LogSearcher: Building log cache for Arcane

[08:42:50] Info > - > LogSearcher: Found 626 logs

I've just built new version, where that message should give more info, if you run into this error again. But I suspect it happened for a character, where WA couldn't read which server that char is on, on that particular server group. For example it may have been epic custom timer for a char, that has never been to epic.

Now back to timer issues, have you made any changes to your wurm log files? Maybe deleted old files? Edited them? Also you should try restarting WA after that log cache rebuild, if you haven't done that yet.

I love the change log... "no changes"... thats like. I just felt like rebuilding it for fun. You know. Its how I spend my fridays..... :D

OK timer issues: Changes to log files: No. Deleted old ones: No. Restarted WA. Just did to get the new vesion. no problems detected life is good! Whats next? :P Timers still fubar. Enchant works the next 5 all say ready and some of them atleast shouldnt.

One thing I did do was copy the entire wurm folder FROM the main drive to a backup usb stick. Whole folder packs and all.  But I wouldnt think copying FROM the fold would do anything. Just mentioning. Insanity is always an option for windows.

OK, last of the weird questions:

Have you ever played with your system time? For example changing date to previous year for few days? Or perhaps something like that happened on it's own in the past?

Could you check the logs of that character and see if their dates and timestamps make sense and are in order. Scan skills logs and check the latest faith gains, if they don't show something weird (I'm trying to figure where this 15.05 comes from). Also you can use log searcher in WA and see if it shows correct search results (maybe log searcher shows fishy results - different than actual log files - and that tool uses same code that timers and all the rest of WA do)

Welll... Uhhh.. Sooo... Its like this... I have brain damage.  No really I do..  :D But uhhh.. thats probably not gunna be a good enough excuse for this one....

I was doing the wrong char. :P

Blackdiamond is my crafting alt. Schwankenchanter is the casting alt.  When I moved all the timers to enchanter and deleted them from blackdiamond they worked. Even the temp wacko ones. I went and randomly smiled at a tree and it reset the timer.  The first question and your meditation question match.  

So like. I owe you another keg or something. :D

And when I did a prayer and it showed the skill update it fixed the 0.0 (which was 15.5 on blackdiamond) to 73.xx which is right.

So I am assuming your using the time since the last faith gain because it didnt see the first one (because the log wasnt setup right and wasnt showing gains) and it saw the second. Im assuing itl be off by one until the 24 hour cycle. My pennance however miniscule for my stupidiity.

Yeah.. So like. I'm the guy that tech support people wanna shoot sometimes.. :D

SOWWY..!!! :|

Hahah no problem, I did find some glitches here and there while checking all this.

And don't worry about the first prayer either. WA scans the logs to figure, how many prayers you have already done. You can even do some prayers when WA is not running, then run it and see correct cooldowns. :)

I have what I hope is a simple feature request:

Have the option for a 'trigger' to be a sound, a pop up, or both.

Right now they are all sound. But I find I like these pop ups so I have been using 1 second timer popups to pop up at the end of a trigger.

Be also nice if it were possible to have them all pop up behind each other but not 'wait' until the last one was removed. Combine this with the ability to move a pop up. (not just remove) and they would make for awesome 'reminders' on stuff to do when it gets busy.

Like for example I have three accounts. A crafter, a caster, and a secondary alt that I am letting the time run out but still has premium. (That dreaded blackdiamond lol).

I need pop ups for:

Enchant grass Schwanke.

Enchant grass Blackdiamond.

Plant sign Schwanke.

Meditation Schwankenchaner.

Prayer Schwankenchanter.

Id love pop ups for different amounts of favor. 35, 50 max for example. (Sometimes I wait for 35 but dont bother spending it until I hit 50 and decide if I wanna do a more powerful spell, or I just want it to run while I am doing other things in the room and wait for the white pop up for max to go use it all up.)

Then because I multi task heavily with loud music (hehe) I need a popup for when meditation is over since its a 2 minute timer and I can go do something else with that char. When the queue on either alt is done especially on schwankenchnater because I often queue 3 fishing and that can be 10 to 15 minutes. Right now I have to go look. 

Even pop ups are usefull when for example when I meditate I repair the prayer rug and then meditate. So it could be 5 to 10 seconds before I know whether it 'failed' or not and having a trigger pop up on 'you fail to relax' lets me go try again.

And believe it or not I wasnt joking about brain damage lol. I'm fairly intelligent for what left of my brain but I had a little too much 'fun' doing 'extra corricular activities' in college and as a result have two holes in the frontal operculum among other things.  This plus the psyche meds for the bipolar give me like ZERO short term memory.  Yet with all these pop ups I'm using from the timers with 1 second as a hack. I can chain together 5 or 10 things and then just use the pop ups as a check list. Ohh ok. Meditation failed on enchanter, Restart meditation. ohh ok, I finished leveling on schwanke, go move the 9 dirt to the bsb and start again, oh look meditation is done on enchaner, now I can fish, .....

Frankly its awesome, lets me get a LOT more done I wouldnt be able to with my limitations.  The only downside is the timers page is getting long with all of these 'useless' 1 second readys.  Be nice if I could have them in the triggers list. And have sound, popup or both. And again with the ability to move them and not dispose of them to see the next one. Cuz like for example if the blackdiamond enchant grass comes up while im in the middle of grinding with my main and enchanter then I will have to kill it and try and remember to do it later, where as if I could just drag it off to my other monitor and leave it there I can check the 'left overs' before I logout and do it then.

Just askin. :) I'm hoping its really easy to do since it would just be adding a little feature to triggers already and making the pop ups normal windows.(Even remove the middle click to remove feature and just use the X which is fine in my opinion.)

thoughts?

Did I explain that right? I have communication issues too. The extra corricular activities permanantly rewired some of my cognitive processing and I 'think' and 'see' different then everyone else pretty much perminently now.

New goodies for Granger:

1. It is now possible to adjust final matching value based on horse colors. It can be adjusted in advisor options and works by simply taking weight for colors of each horse, calculating average of them and multiplying match value by that weight.
    Say matching value before color is 600, horse1 has 1.2, horse2 has 1.6, then average will be 1.4 and final matching value 840.
    Does not apply if horse value is negative.
  2. It is now possible to manually set horse birthdate, while editing/adding them manually. List has 2 new columns: Birth date and Exact age (which shows real time since birth date). Finally the advisor can be set to ignore any horses, that are too "exact" young. ;)

Adding popups to triggers is already on my list to do. Popups are trickier to do right, but I'll see what I can do. :)