Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Hello!

First of all thank you for this awesome program. I use it all the time. I only have one issue and I am not sure if it is something I do or the way the program works. I named it WA jetlag :)

I travel a lot between timezones and hence my system clock changes a lot. When this happens, it seems WA is getting all confused with the timers, logging in giving a 12 hour+ (and going up the more days pass) timer for meditation and lockpicking. WA does seem to detect the lockpick custom timer when I lockpick in game and properly resets to the 10 minute interval but the meditation timer seems to be many many many hours regardless if I meditate or not. This kind of makes the timer unusable for me.

MUvfCIm.png

Maybe on a unrelated note, changing timezones and having the new updated timezone in your wurm log seems to crash WA version 1 when opening the timer window ;)

My guess is this problem can be avoided by switching to daily logging files but I really dont wish to change to that nor did I test it. I just wondered if the custom lockpick timer can "recuperate" after picking a single time, maybe there is a way to get the meditation timer to do the same?

Oh, and just as an added thing... it might be an idea to change the link to virustotal in your first post to https://www.virustotal.com/en/ so it doesnt open up in the Polish language ;)

I understand I am probably a rare case and it is not really high priority, but I just wanted to tell you about it anyhow.

Keep up the good work!

Viti

There is no reliable way to track when exactly system time has changed (and as by time travel theory, "when" is very relative!). And without that, there is no reliable way to adjust log times.

Sure I have a bag of tricks that I could use to minimize this issue... but for one it would never sort it completely, for two it would take a lot (A LOT) of time to do at this point, without introducing an army of bugs... and for three, it would undoubtedly introduce some bugs, the commando ninja type that you debug for days while stripping coffee supplies from half the country.

The best I can suggest is to lock system time on the laptop. Of course that isn't really much of an option. ;)

And thanks for the virus, total fix. Totally fixed the link!

Haha, I very much understand. I dont think it is a huge deal or problem, I just figured Ill let you know just so you are aware. I am no code wizard or anything so I figured it doesnt hurt letting you know. For all I know the fix is easy. All I wonder is why the 12+ hour timer recuperates when I lockpick once, yet the meditation timer doesnt seem to do this.

Thank you for the response and the program anyway, it is very appreciated. Ill buy you a beer somewhere later this day (or tomorrow, depending on your timezone! ;)

Love,

Viti

Ah yes, the fuel of creation! Much appreciated!

The timers depend a lot on how they work internally. Some are simple and just check the "last" of something that happened, some must build some mini-history and sort through it, due to more complex wurm mechanics. These must know the timestamps to be accurate, unfortunately.

Hi Aldur,

I think you missed 'the ground is flat here' for finish leveling ;) . And somehow clothtailoring and leatherworking seems to missed to trigger action done notifications sometimes.. but I hasn't able to find the reason why.

Edited by rosedragon

Thanks Rose, I'll try to fix these. It is also possible to edit that list manually if you need to.

I'm also considering some ways to minimize the issues you have due to system time changes. And it may partly also help Viti and others who travel between time zones.

New launcher is finished and ready to be tested, download here:

http://aldurcraft.com/wurmassistant/download

1. Unzip
  2. Use WurmAssistantLauncher.exe to start WA

Launcher checks for updated version and downloads if necessary, then runs WA.

In case errors stop the update process, launcher enables a button to start existing WA version.

Please report any launcher errors as soon as you spot them, since launcher can't update itself and has to be bulletproof. :)

Next week(s) I'll focus on fixing remaining bugs and issues in WA:

• granger issues with updating horses
  • buggy or missing queue sound conditions
  • issues caused by system clock changes and time zone changes
  • any issues spotted with launcher
  • did I miss anything?

Then I'm going to finish remaining details:

• import horses from old wurm assistant (if this is still needed)
  • import/export herds to files
  • safeguard for starting more than one wurm assistant at once
  • the section for "3rd party tools"
  • the section for links
Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

• granger issues with updating horses

YES PLEASE !!!

New launcher is finished and ready to be tested, download here:

http://aldurcraft.com/wurmassistant/download

1. Unzip

Use WurmAssistantLauncher.exe to start WA

Launcher checks for updated version and downloads if necessary, then runs WA.

In case errors stop the update process, launcher enables a button to start existing WA version.

Please report any launcher errors as soon as you spot them, since launcher can't update itself and has to be bulletproof. :)

The launcher seems to have worked fine. Should this have created a desktop icon or do I need to copy a shortcut of the launcher to the desktop manually?

Yes Vill, I know. :)

And no auto shortcuts, gotta make it yourself. ;)

Hi Aldur,

Just a gentle request :)  

Great work, I'm going to download the new installer tonight :)

Hiya Aldur,

As you may remember I asked the other week about the location of the files to create a batch backup.  Now i'm creating a batch for Auto-Start.
(Someone asked about how to have WA2 run at startup, there is an easy way of doing it using a batch file & task scheduler, which I'm writing now).

I want to open WA2, but then Auto open the "Timers" window.
1)  What is the link to open timers, can I open it using a command?  
2)  Is there a way to keep the "location" settings?  Every time I open it I have to move the timers screen, is there a way to anchor them?  (Even if it's a string in the batch file?)

Great work.   :)

Oh hi Mynn, guess I've missed that one :)

Afraid there is no command to start any particular module and saving window position is tricky, I've had issues with it starting off-screen and all kind of such weird issues.

• Like 1

PS. 120 launcher downloads in 1 day. Nice. :) (and I really hope it has no bugs...)

Edited by Aldur

No bugs to report. Just some questions I use the meditation/ path timers in my main and the end of actions "ding" I have tried to add sounds but they don't work for me which is ok with the do g my problem is I can't figure out how to switch green my toons I have 2 which we added when I set it up first time. How can I switch back and forth mainly on the timer as both are I path cool down but I can only make a timer for one thanks Booskii

You can add more than one character to timers and each gets its own group of timers, where you can add/remove ones you need for that character.

fixes for granger (incorrect server group, incorrect AH skill)

I have added safeguard to not allow running more than one assistant at once. Same safeguard is also part of updated launcher, but if anyone already uses launcher, it has to be manually downloaded again.

It's not at all critical to update launcher, but I'm mentioning it since it may be convenient to have this information before running launcher, as opposed to seeing confusing "Wurm assistant is already running!" right after downloading update.

PS. Thanks to Viti for spotting, that my beer button leads to polish tavern.

Edited by Aldur

Hi Aldur, 

like the new version! However for me the meditation timers seem broken. Praying works fine.

[19:47:04] ERROR > Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.MeditationTimer > could not update server uptime information

EXCEPTION: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Thanks, 

Mag

Magnir, this looks like related issue to recent granger problems. I will look into it. Could you tell me which server you are playing on?

You can also try searching logs for this kind of event:

[22:09:55] 92 other players are online. You are on Exodus (1021 totally in Wurm).

and seeing if it happens for that character and when was the last time it did happen prior to the moment you had that error.

I play on Inde. And thinking about it - it might not have worked since updating from WA to WA2, maybe some old settings?

Nah that's not it, completely different dirs for settings. Maybe you've enabled medit timer for epic instead of freedom?

Only for testing... it's not a big deal for me, well worth using WA2 for all the other features. Just something that might be worth checking over.