Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

I'm running lastest revision (50)..I keep getting these in my logs.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times and continues to happen.  Periodically, the counters will stop and I have uninstall reinstall again.. i imagine it has to do with these scrolling messages building up. .. any idea what I need to do to fix it?  Is it the SOURCE missing?

thanks

[10:47:49] > Debug > PrayerTimer > Timer: Player: Tikoda, Name: Prayer; processing skill log message: Timestamp: 7/3/2016 10:47:49 AM, Source: , Content: Favor increased by 0.0807 to 47.6114
[10:47:59] > Debug > PrayerTimer > Timer: Player: Tikoda, Name: Prayer; processing skill log message: Timestamp: 7/3/2016 10:47:59 AM, Source: , Content: Favor increased by 0.0805 to 47.6919
[10:48:09] > Debug > PrayerTimer > Timer: Player: Tikoda, Name: Prayer; processing skill log message: Timestamp: 7/3/2016 10:48:09 AM, Source: , Content: Favor increased by 0.0804 to 47.7723
[10:48:19] > Debug > PrayerTimer > Timer: Player: Tikoda, Name: Prayer; processing skill log message: Timestamp: 7/3/2016 10:48:19 AM, Source: , Content: Favor increased by 0.0802 to 47.8525
[10:48:29] > Debug > PrayerTimer > Timer: Player: Tikoda, Name: Prayer; processing skill log message: Timestamp: 7/3/2016 10:48:29 AM, Source: , Content: Favor increased by 0.0801 to 47.9326
[10:48:39] > Debug > PrayerTimer > Timer: Player: Tikoda, Name: Prayer; processing skill log message: Timestamp: 7/3/2016 10:48:39 AM, Source: , Content: Favor increased by 0.0800 to 48.0126
[10:48:49] > Debug > PrayerTimer > Timer: Player: Tikoda, Name: Prayer; processing skill log message: Timestamp: 7/3/2016 10:48:49 AM, Source: , Content: Favor increased by 0.0798 to 48.0924
[10:48:59] > Debug > PrayerTimer > Timer: Player: Tikoda, Name: Prayer; processing skill log message: Timestamp: 7/3/2016 10:48:59 AM, Source: , Content: Favor increased by 0.0797 to 48.1721
[10:49:09] > Debug > PrayerTimer > Timer: Player: Tikoda, Name: Prayer; processing skill log message: Timestamp: 7/3/2016 10:49:09 AM, Source: , Content: Favor increased by 0.0796 to 48.2517

Edited by Mitzie

But what is the problem, exactly?

The logging is there to have some feedback, for when issues are reported.

Periodically, the counters will stop.   The only way to get it working again seems to be uninstall and reinstall..   I'm having to do this multiple times a day.

1. When did this problem start happening?
  2. What do you do exactly when you're reinstalling? Clear the data as well? Do you run with "relative data directory" setting?
  3. How long after reinstall for the problem to start again?
  4. How about simple custom timers? Could you make one for testing, like triggering on some examine? See if this one also stops working with the rest?
  5. Please send me complete verbose wurm assistant log file from an example session, when this issue happened.

You can disregard. If its not a known issue and others aren't have issues, it has to be something with my setup and not the code.  I'll keep doing what what I'm doing.

Even if, it's worth checking out. The issue you're having should not be happening regardless of your system config.

Give me at least your system specs: operating system, processor, amount of RAM.

I can run a test session under similar hardware and see how it goes.

Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6ghz

16 gb RAM

64 bit Windows 10

1. When did this problem start happening?  week or so ago
  2. What do you do exactly when you're reinstalling? Clear the data as well?  do not clear data, just delete the program files, re-download, reinstall

Do you run with "relative data directory" setting? no

1. How long after reinstall for the problem to start again?  usually a matter of hours.  Today it was fine after I posted.  I am also running 7 chars, 2 of them were newbies..
  2. How about simple custom timers? Could you make one for testing, like triggering on some examine? See if this one also stops working with the rest?  I have a custom timer set up for Enchant grass, it works fine.
  3. Please send me complete verbose wurm assistant log file from an example session, when this issue happened.  I apologize.. don't know what this would be?  

I'd hate to think it was something completely my fault, although it might have been (praying instead of sermon, etc.)  I will keep an eye on it and advise if I have any further issues.

Edited by Mitzie

Hey there! Started using your tool due to getting into the business of priests for the first time. The timers are fantastic, and I looked through all the videos and this is indeed an amazing little tool. Thank you for sharing it with us!

I do have a problem though, I tried the Granger tool to keep track of my rare horses and I get the following error:

ERROR AT UPDATE CREATURE

There was data mismatch when trying to update creature, reason: Old father was blank but new data has a father name.

There was a data mismatch when trying to update creature, reason: Old data mother name was different than new mother name.

I'm guessing this is due to the fact that after branding my horses, I gave them names in the Permissions. I give them names so I can simply mouseover them to see their gender and trait status. (I give them names such as F (for female) .-1 (for indicating it has 1 bad trait)).

Is there any way this can be fixed? I'm no programmer but I'm guessing no since the code I guess depends on the name of the creature to identify it. But thought I'd post this just in case.

Oh and something I'm noticing now is that whenever I'm breeding those horses , the tool is giving an error message.

BREED UPDATE PROBLEM

Not a creature or selected herds don't have a creature named: X

Not a creature selected herds don't have a creature named: X

So I tried deleting the herd from the tool, but the errors still pop up. Is there anything I can do to disable them?

Edited by Malena

Minor Granger bug/feature request -- Locking groups is a great feature but currently doesn't persist and will revert to grouping based on whatever you're sorting by the next time you start WA.

EDIT: Also, would an option to switch SmilExamined from a timestamp to a countup a la exact age be feasible?

Edited by Jaybudd

Hi Malena.

Granger treats a branding name, as an alternative creature identity. It's a bit confusing I admit, but somehow it evolved this way and I don't want to suddenly change it for everyone.

Instead, I have added an option, that should help you, if you want to keep your naming convention.

wtD0m1W.png

• Like 1

And in before more feature requests...

As you all know, WA is all about scraping loose logs, dancing around non-unique creature names, randomized season times and other little annoying issues that have no simple solutions. It's using dated limited GUI and a launcher that keeps getting in fights with browser security filters or AV software. And I'm all alone supporting this tool, not even making any money from it (noticed the beer button is gone?). I'm in fact on minus each month, because I have to pay for decent hosting for the updates service.

Up till now I was still somewhat hoping, that devs are going to do something useful to support such tools, so that WA can become a proper part of the game ecosystem.

But it's time to admit that they won't. They'd rather roll cosmetic logging modifications, that force me to spend an evening doing hot fixes, which isn't my idea of a well spent day at all. 

Of course it's up to devs, where they want to take this game, but from my point of view it's not the direction I can follow.

I am not abandoning this app of course, but I am putting Wurm Assistant permanently aside. I will do my best to keep it updated with Wurm as I've always did, but if some major nuclear explosion drops on it, it may be game over, please don't blame me for it, we all have lives to live.

I am also somewhat disappointed that half a dozen people, who originally requested, even begged for plugin support, have shown zero interest since 3.1. I want to work on things, that are at least used by someone, preferably even useful, not just a keyboard exercise.

As a final 'update' to Wurm Assistant, I will be moving my update service to a free host. I'm sorry for any inconveniences during this migration.

10 minutes ago, Aldur said:

Hi Malena.

Granger treats a branding name, as an alternative creature identity. It's a bit confusing I admit, but somehow it evolved this way and I don't want to suddenly change it for everyone.

Instead, I have added an option, that should help you, if you want to keep your naming convention.

wtD0m1W.png

Oh thank you very much Aldur, and I desperately hope that I didn't contribute to making you lose heart for this project! 

It's good that you prioritize real life and emotional well-being, I'm sure we all very thankful for the effort you have put in and understand that this tool is merely a hobby on the side of your real life. As it should be. So if you feel the need to use your time on other things, you should not feel guilty or bad about doing so. :) A shame I only now started using the tool! 

I have noticed with patch 50, or maybe 49, the timers freeze and have to relaunch. It is only happened a couple times. Also, if I quit WA with timers in always on top mode, the program doesn't exit correctly, forcing me to restart the computer. I will look to see if there is a log if it happens again. Windows 10, WA Stable.

A question about branding names, will checking that option disable branded names for bison?

13 hours ago, Malena said:

ERROR AT UPDATE CREATURE

There was data mismatch when trying to update creature, reason: Old father was blank but new data has a father name.

There was a data mismatch when trying to update creature, reason: Old data mother name was different than new mother name.

This error happens to me if I have 2 creatures with the same name or make a manual entry. The branded name feature may be what's causing it for you.

The branding name is not disabled by this option.

Default mode of Granger, is that it assumes, branding names are used to uniquely name creatures. So when adding new creature, it will find one by branding name alone and if it's a different creature - Malena's issue happen.

New option disables this, branding name is just treated as part of the full name. It has a side-effect, when some creatures change their name somewhat, eg calf - cow. Granger will then lose track and will add a new creature, instead of updating existing one.

Will look into timer issues.

Closing WA with timers on top works correctly for me. Also Win10.

Can you describe exactly what happens?

Hi, Aldur...

So sad to hear you will no longer be actively working on Wurm Assistant. It is such a great tool, not sure where I'd be without Granger, that's for sure!

After the latest updates, I can no longer smile/examine and add new foals to my herds. But I can smile/examine and update existing horses.

Just now, Araninke said:

Hi, Aldur...

So sad to hear you will no longer be actively working on Wurm Assistant. It is such a great tool, not sure where I'd be without Granger, that's for sure!

After the latest updates, I can no longer smile/examine and add new foals to my herds. But I can smile/examine and update existing horses.

I was about to post about this too, for me it allows me to also "add" any adults to the herd, even new ones which were not there earlier. But like you, it does not react in any way to the babies.. 

3 minutes ago, Malena said:

I was about to post about this too, for me it allows me to also "add" any adults to the herd, even new ones which were not there earlier. But like you, it does not react in any way to the babies.. 

I didn't try with any out of herd adults. So it would seem just affecting newborns, which means it might have something to do with the latest branding addition? I tried ticking that off but it still wasn't recognizing them.

Have some new baby pies and ebonies I wanted to document :) 

1 hour ago, Aldur said:

Fixed. :)

Thank ye kindly! *curtseys*

Granger doesn't seem to recognize foals on WU. Beta r129

Examine text:

[10:07:41] You smile at the adolescent Cliprun.
[10:07:41] A foal skips around here merrily.
[10:07:41] She has a normal build.
[10:07:41] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. The legs are of different length. 
[10:07:41] Her mother is the old Eckerosio. Her father is the aged Starkpaddy. 

Log:

2016/07/08 07:07:41.474 > Info > GrangerFeature > smile cond: You smile at the adolescent Cliprun.
2016/07/08 07:07:41.474 > Info > GrangerFeature > attempting to start processing creature due to line: You smile at the adolescent Cliprun.
2016/07/08 07:07:41.474 > Info > GrangerFeature > extracting object name
2016/07/08 07:07:41.474 > Info > GrangerFeature > object assumed to be a creature
2016/07/08 07:07:41.474 > Info > GrangerFeature > building new creature object and moving to processor
2016/07/08 07:07:41.474 > Info > GrangerFeature > finished building
2016/07/08 07:07:41.474 > Info > GrangerFeature > applying foalization to the creature
2016/07/08 07:07:41.474 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > PublicEventInvoker: EventMarshaller has thrown an unhandled exception on instant handler invocation > Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2016/07/08 07:07:46.726 > Info > GrangerFeature > processing timed out, attempting to verify and apply last inspected creature
2016/07/08 07:07:46.726 > Info > GrangerFeature > finishing processing creature: Cliprun
2016/07/08 07:07:46.726 > Info > GrangerFeature > creature data was invalid, data: (name: True, Gender: False, Parents: False, Traits: False, CaredBy: False)
2016/07/08 07:07:46.726 > Info > GrangerFeature > processor buffer cleared

Full grown horses work correctly.