Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Well there is an error there, which means... something! Definitely something. Going to check it out!.

It looks like 2 possible issues:

1. Logging mode is set incorrectly in wurm settings (event, irc, other must be either all monthly, or all daily), this should have been fixed by wizard but is worth checking.
  2. WA has trouble reading logging mode from wurm config. I've added a check for this in latest update, you can send me new log as soon as you run it.

Logging is set to monthly for event and other, and to don't log for irc.

There is your error, you have to set irc to monthly as well. I'm actually not sure why is irc checked here, I think I've had some plans for using irc but nothing came out of it.

Yup I'm turning irc checking off. Don't adjust anything.

Turning IRC on monthly fixed the problem, but yeah, it would be great if you would just remove the check. :P

Thank you for all the hassle with debugging. :)

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the effort you've given to this program and it's followers.  I finally bought you a beer as well, happy holidays Aldur!

Oh yeah I thought I'd report this, sermon timers are set to reset on every 24h uptime but they don't actually reset then (only on server downtime) and I'm pretty sure alignment follows the same rule, reset on server downtime but not 24h uptime.

Thanks Raid, I'll adjust that on next occasion.

I'd like to very much thank everyone who donated recently (and in the past of course!). I've already decided I'm going to add few more things to WA, just to show you it's not just donation, it's investment! ;)

Also I'd like to remind, that I treat them as anonymous. If anyone wants to be added to contributors list, it has to be stated somewhere. Should anyone of those, who already donated, want to be put there, please e-mail me with the same email you used to make donation and also describe how should you be listed (names / nicknames / links).

• Like 1

I get an error message using granger ....."Can't Process Horse". Asks to wait until grangers fully loaded or some such.

Some questions:

1. Question about the way breeding value is calculated.

Let's say my goal is to breed some 5-speeders with the five +CM +FM +LM +SB +SL attributes.

Female1 has the first four: +CM +FM +LM +SB.
Male1 has the same 4 plus TB I don't care about.
Male2 has the first 3: +CM +FM +LM
Male3 has the remaining +SL that nobody else has and that's all.
So in my mind it would be better to mate Female1 with Male3 to have more chance at getting the 5 speeds, but WA will just calculate that Male1 and Male2 have "more stuff" overall. Is there a way to take into account the complementarity of the "+" traits and give it a higher coefficient?

2. In case you will do requests some time in the future, will it be possible to add a "date of birth" column, as in "date of discovery"? In parallel with WA I am keeping my old excel spreadsheet just for this information, so I can assess that so and so is getting 25-26 days old and should start breeding. The actual "Age" column in WA is rather inaccurate and is usually one whole "age" late even after mass kiss-examines, 'date of birth' and 'days since birth' columns would help in this regard.

Thanks for WA and keep up the good work.

Edit: oops I typed "complimentary" but meant "complementary".

Edited by neofit

Some questions:

1. Question about the way breeding value is calculated.

Let's say my goal is to breed some 5-speeders with the five +CM +FM +LM +SB +SL attributes.

Female1 has the first four: +CM +FM +LM +SB.

Male1 has the same 4 plus TB I don't care about.

Male2 has the first 3: +CM +FM +LM

Male3 has the remaining +SL that nobody else has and that's all.

So in my mind it would be better to mate Female1 with Male3 to have more chance at getting the 5 speeds, but WA will just calculate that Male1 and Male2 have "more stuff" overall. Is there a way to take into account the complimentarity of the "+" traits and give it a higher coefficient?

You can click 'edit presets' and create a new config for just speed traits.

You can click 'edit presets' and create a new config for just speed traits.

Yes, that's how I removed the positive value that WA assigns by default to the Unusually Strong traits that I have no use for. Still this won't solve the complementarity issue I have described.

I have a question that someone may or may not be able to answer. I run an alt on a second computer but I want the timer to run on my main computer so I keep track of it all in one place. My homebrew solution was to network share the players folder and create a windows symlink to fool my computer into thinking the char is on my computer. It seems to mostly work but sometimes it loses sync it seems, it's like it doesn't quite get all the updates it should but if I remove/add it back to "refresh" it then it's synced up fine. Any idea why? Maybe a bad idea to run it like that in the first place? Any input is appreciated

Neofit, you can go to advisor options and use "Prefer Unique Traits". Basically this will multiply value of a trait that is present on only one horse.

If X trait has 50 value and both horses have it, the combined value will be 100.

If one of those horses has Y trait with value 50, but other doesn't, then the combined value will be value of Y * weight. If you set weight to 3.00, then it wll be 150, if you set weight to 6.00 then it will be 300. The X trait is still 100 in both cases.

I believe this option works only for positive traits, of course. :)

Raidsoft, the problem is with windows itself, networked resources are not as reliable as local ones, messages about changes may be lost and then WA will not know something is there to actually read (it will first check if file exists and if it's size changed, which can be cached by system and thus be outdated).

This is a really nice program, great work. The alert sounds on _Event is my favorite. It is easy enough to set up but not really all that straight forward. I think it could be nice if you added presets to Sound Notify. Like a dropdown menu with selections that already have the sounds and conditions set up. An example of my configuration for Stone Cutting (imping grindstones):

RpghqqE.png

This set up gives me a sound alert for every action needed to imp a grindstone without ever needing to look away from my movie ;) Similar presets would be a nice addition.

Raidsoft, the problem is with windows itself, networked resources are not as reliable as local ones, messages about changes may be lost and then WA will not know something is there to actually read (it will first check if file exists and if it's size changed, which can be cached by system and thus be outdated).

I was kind of expecting something like that, I assume there's no good way around it besides having to manually refresh them every time I want them to reset (or run the timers on that computer obviously)

Anyway thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1

Crowley, you can also use Queue Sound, which is preset for exactly action queues of any kinds (some actions may be missing but it's possible to add them manually). And there is a good reason I didn't make any presets - I generally don't add things that can be done by players themselves without much trouble. It lets me put work on programming other things.

You are more than welcome to expand WA wiki with any kinds of presets you find useful. :)

For a while, there will be launcher errors when trying to update WA. I'm changing hosting and some things don't seem to work like they should.

Christmas update folks!

Merry Christmas! May the bits serve you well!

• Like 1

Pardon my ignorance. Where is this list of premade timers again? I only found the ones in the program. Like 6 or 8 with regular and epic versions.

I wanna do/add one for planting a sign. I think its one wurm week which is like I wanna say 21 game hours. I dont know if it resets when the server reboots.

Is there an option for when the server reboots? I saw the wurm 24 hours. Thats different isnt it?

Thanks!

Premade? You can add more timers in "custom timers". There is no option to reset only on server restart. Yet. :)