Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Note about granger fix for anyone else who run into this issue:

You may need to manually edit each horse with incorrect server group (or delete and re-add to granger). You need to disable/enable checkbox next to "epic skill curve" depending if you are on freedom/epic.

Hi,

It's my first time trying to use WA, mainly for the Grange feature. I am using the latest 2.0.84.0, and the issue on the previous page is not fixed:

[06:26:59] Info > Granger debug > processing horse canceled, still waiting for AH skill lookup to finish

Edit: forget this one. This happens if I start WA after Wurm. When it is started before Wurm the Kiss/Examine thingy works fine.

Edited by neofit

It should have worked either way, I'll look into it. Let me know if you run into this issue again.

The granger ah skill bug for epic players should be fixed now

Aldur, loving the new installer :)  Finally got to install it last night (I downloaded it the night you uploaded it) and ran it, whoosh, off it went to find updates, and it worked perfectly.  Great work!  

And thank you for answering my other ques.  It was a long shot, but you never know unless you ask :)

i have been having Issues with getting sound notification working with PM's

I have been using [ and < in the past but neither are working consistently now.

Tried and they all work for me without any problems.

Recap for the latest bug hunt:

• Fixed all spotted bugs with granger
  • Fixed some bugs in sound triggers (volume adjustments, some missing or glitchy conditions etc., not yet finished)
  • Hopefully fixed remaining timer issues
  • I've also tried to apply some tweaks to deal with system clock changes, but it turned out I've already added some of them in the past and the rest didn't work like expected. Don't think it can get any better than it is.

Also, Improved the logging a bit, each "session" of assistant now has it's own log file and current file can be opened with a button, that used to open log dir.

Next week it's time to add some new stuff.

• Like 1

Hey Aldur!

I dont know exactly what you changed, or if it is connected with the fact that I changed timezone again, but for me the timer issue seems to be resolved. I didnt try the 3h meditation cooldown yet (simply didnt get to do 5 meditations in a day since then) but so far it looks good :)

I will be relatively busy with RL for a few weeks and I wont be able to play wurm as much as I want to, but once I get around to test it fully ill make sure to fuel your work a bit more cause it is very appreciated. I advise everyone to send Aldur a few beers cause maintaining and updating a program as often as he does lately is really commendable and I am sure it will encourage him to keep up with the great updates and fixes ;)

Love, Viti

Thanks Viti, you are really great you know! :)

About the time zones... well I did something, but I don't think it will work universally. Some (much) more work here is needed unfortunately.

Hi,

Two things about Granger, not sure if it's me or if it's intended:

1. There is a grooming timer and it is working fine, unless I stop the program then restart, then the timers are gone. It looks like they are not saved.

2. Granger only parses a horse's age from the kiss/examine routine? Granger will not update a known horse's age from other messages, like:

[11:05:14] You start to tend to Adolescent fat Sadhunting.

or

[11:22:48] You mount on the Adolescent fat Piepearl as the driver.

?

Hi neofit, I'll look into grooming issue, thanks.

As for the age then yeah, it does not update age because you may have had multiple horses with same name, in multiple herds and accidentally changed age of wrong one. Then doing smile-examine, it is much more likely that correct herd(s) are active and other things can further be checked, like gender, traits etc.

As for the age then yeah, it does not update age because you may have had multiple horses with same name, in multiple herds and accidentally changed age of wrong one. Then doing smile-examine, it is much more likely that correct herd(s) are active and other things can further be checked, like gender, traits etc.

A setting to allow this may be interesting, I don't know how many people are real professionals and have multiple herds or the same name twice. Nobody I know does. I have started breeding a couple of months ago, "for family and friends", I currently have about 30 young ones. I do the smile-examine once when the foal is born, but it gets awkward after that. I am doing the occasional group grooming to get some exp, and it would be nice to have the age upgraded at the same time, otherwise a large part of the "automatisation" brought by WA is lost. Right now I have to keep using the excel spreadsheet I've been using before WA, where I have a column with the date of birth and can see which horse is getting close to being fertile.

And by putting a check on the checkbox in the settings I acknowledge that I understand the risks and so forth.

Anyway, great job, the "Breed Value" column is priceless.

I do have multiple same-name horses but I agree it would be nice if it were to at least check if there are multiple in the DB and then decide whether or not to update. If there's only one, go ahead and update. Diseased state seems to update without needing smile-examine.

Aye, there are options I can try to add. I will just need to find a good spot for the actual "options" button...

As for the grooming column, it seems to work correctly. This column is not supposed to show timer if grooming was later than 1 hour ago, maybe that's it?. And add an option for this as well? :)

Added all of the above.

• Age (and health) of the horse is now captured every time any event mentions that horse and this option is enabled by default.
  • Another option added, that ignores much of selected herd limits (updates, even adding), it is disabled by default.
  • Grooming column time hiding is now adjustable (it used to hide the value if it was over 1 hour, now that setting is default)

All of these options are under new "options" in main granger window.

Oh and of course I didn't have time to do much testing, so there may be bugs.

Edited by Aldur

Testing now. :) Since you're implementing 'want-to-haves', any chance we can get the prayer and meditation counters added?

I second that, I would love if you could have a counter of how many meditations you've done the last day (or maybe 24h uptime period maybe?), even better if you could see how many of those you got skill ticks on.

Edited by raidsoft

Ok, first result of testing. I got an update on groom, ride and feed, but not on lead. I think it may be because the lean event doesn't capitalize the name.

Also, it doesn't look like its updating based on parentage lines. I'm talking about, '[21:04:18] Mother is Aged fat Ladyhop. Father is Old fat Silverclip. '

I kind of wanted to spend weekend on Unity, but for you Loki I'll see what can be done. :)

Raidsoft, statistics kind of screen will be added soon. There is a bit more work with that, because it would make sense to make it as configurable as possible. I want to do that by allowing to write Python scripts.

Oh, so that was intended then? Sorry, I didn't figure out that it disappeared after exactly an hour, and now that I think of it, it makes perfect sense. I was expecting that seeing that I haven't groomed my horses since 5 days would guilt me into getting a bit of exp though. Thanks for expanding its usefulness.

As for the grooming column, it seems to work correctly. This column is not supposed to show timer if grooming was later than 1 hour ago, maybe that's it?. And add an option for this as well? :)

Edit: just checked the wiki, and it says here:

Diseases can be prevented by grooming an animal regularly. You can tell when a creature needs grooming by examining it. Animal usually require grooming about every two days.

I knew I had read something about this somewhere, not sure if it is still accurate though.

Edited by neofit

I've had horses not groomed for months and they were fine. Maybe it makes more difference when pens are densely packed.

Anyway you can adjust that time now. I'm thinking of changing default to 2 days as well.

Hi Aldur,

meditation timer seem to work again for me (no changes on my side). Also love the update on age / health on every groom.

Thanks a lot.

Magnir

• Like 1

Aldur, if I've got the flag set,  'Always update a horse regardless of which herd...' could we get that to actually update the one in the current herd? If there are multiple and none of them are in my current herd it makes sense that we wouldn't update any. But if one does exist in my current herd I think it should be safe enough to pick that one to update.