Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

It's the hosting/network issue outside my control, but you can get it from alternate link, I've just added there most recent one.

Edited by Aldur

The server uptime is not updating correctly, the debug menu is showing "2 days 16:15:50" but the server has been up for 3 days 5 hours and ...

This is causing an issue with the prayer timer and it "maxing" out after 1 pray

and it is not properly reading/calculating my faith or favor levels.

Edited by Hiro

Which server is that char on? And did you travel between servers before that happened?

I've decided to release alpha of Wurm Assistant 2 so you can help me with finding bugs and general feedback. So far the only available features are config wizard, new proper main interface and a test module for wurm log feeds.

Latest alpha releases will always be available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nw9m7xrhpk34uj2/z0EKi-toZE

I will also post whenever there is something major added.

Please make sure to check the bottom of first post in this thread for more details about alpha and the roadmap.

• Like 2

WurmTrader... This sounds good, reminds me of the website which I wanted to write before DeedPlanner (Wurm Online Marketplace). ;)

How deeply the program will be modifiable?

A member of my ally declared to create WurmTrader, but he is busy currently with his work, so it may be few months before we see anything.

The intergration will be mostly through map addon, to be able to see listed auctions on the map, if the user has submitted location. I don't plan to make actual buy/sell api (website is perfect for that, the best will be a clickable link).

How the program will be modifiable? Depends what you are asking specifically. If you mean from within the program, then there will be 4 groups of elements in the main UI:

1. modules - these are my hardcoded features, may have some limited customization and probably a bit more once I get python to work.
  2. tools - you can add and start other community tools and possibly manage related things - like map files in your mapper
  3. links - you can add links to any website, for convenience
  4. feeds - these will be configurable things like twitter server updates, new auctions etc - as soon as something new happens, feed icon pops up. I'll possibly include some RSS feed support for forum tracking - not quite sure what will be feasible at this point.

All of the above is configurable also in the sense that you can choose what to have in each group and it will lay itself smoothly in the available space.

Now if you actually mean from the code point of view, then here is the diagram of Assistant:

http://i.imgur.com/rS25sSl.png

As you can see, adding tools or even modules is abstracted away from the assistant and furthermore the common functionality is moved to independent libraries, making adding functionality to assistant rather simple. Also, each library is independent (though I'm not publishing them yet, I want to test them thoroughly first), in fact if you could wrap one in some java API, you could use them yourself. ;)

Ofc once python is available, it will also be possible to write mini-plugins in it, without having to modify the source. But how convenient will that be, I have no idea. :)

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

I was wondering if a Food/Nutrition Alert could be implemented?

I was wondering if a Food/Nutrition Alert could be implemented?

Hey man still need that strong wall casted?

No event messages for food/nutrition, that's the necessary thing to do anything.

Would you be able to add a timer for Enchant Grass?

No event messages for food/nutrition, that's the necessary thing to do anything.

Would you be able to add a timer for Enchant Grass?

Aldur, there is a fasting alert (too late in some cases as you're already fasting) and it won't let you do any actions (so it's a double whammy, to trigger the notification)  could that be used regardless? 

Rasu, if my reading on the wiki was correct (memory wise) the timer for grass is 18 hours, which is the same for a couple of other enchants, perhaps a multi purpose timer "casting timer" could be set, or a drop down menu for which casting timer you want to track.

I love custom timers :D  I use xnote stop watch for a lot of game activities ;)

Edited by Mynnah

Here is a rough rundown on how adding custom timers will look in new assistant:

1. Create a new blank timer

2. Set the text to look for in event/combat or other log (will work like in searcher: either plain text plus optional * for any character, or regex expression for more tricky things)

3. Set duration of the timer

4. Set what may reset the timer (like server uptime going into another 24 hour window)

Once such timer is added, it pops on the list and will work. Each timer will have it's own "options", to set popups, sounds, it will also have "reset" and "start" buttons to manually control it.

This is in addition to previous hardcoded timers for medit and priests.

=============

Some other things:

If someone would like to support and spread the word about Assistant or Warlander's deed planner or other tools, you can try setting your alliances MOTD with these links:

Wurm Assistant thread (this one): http://tinyurl.com/wurma2

Warlander's 3dPlanner thread: http://tinyurl.com/wurplan

Stargrace's Resources thread: http://tinyurl.com/wurmres

------

I would welcome a group of dedicated alpha\beta testers, that could play with new builds and try to break them (literally) :) and also to give interface feedback because it's very hard for me to figure what is intuitive and what isn't.

Of added benefit would be direct chat contact (like skype, but other ones will do as well).

Testers can count on:

- will be fully credited in a well visible place

- get priority support for any issues, now and in future

- really dedicated testers may even get features coded/adjusted specially for them

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 2

• Log Searcher is back (added some tooltips to clarify things)
  • Calendar is back (slightly improved, fixes for all know problems included)
  • added a little window to track errors
  • Main UI: buttons to open log file and forum thread now work, disabled menu options that aren't yet implemented

Major Bugfixes: 

• Program will now work correctly if placed in directores that have whitespace in their names
  • Fixes for Win XP: pictures in wizard will now size properly, log searcher will handle low desktop resolution better
  • Fixed crash on disabling modules
  • Like 2

• SoundNotify is back and renamed Sound Triggers,
  • Sound Triggers also got some love: 
    - better ui for alt support
    - moddable queue sound trigger list as an advanced option, as promised
    - added tooltips and changed some names to make it less confusing
  • Font in module configurator is now bigger
  • Calendar season list for  is now moddable, as promised
  • Calendar now lets you choose which server to use for wurm date
  • Log output is now a bit more readable
  • Feature configurator now shows correct feature names
Edited by Aldur
  • Like 2

2.0.18.0 (this is still alpha version, download from here manually: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nw9m7xrhpk34uj2/z0EKi-toZE )

• Timers are back and improved greatly:
    •   MUCH better display
    •   They will work seamlessly for players traveling between Freedom and Epic, as requested
    •   It is now possible to add more custom timers
    •   Popups can now be made persistent (stay visible until closed manually)
    •   Some of the old bugs should be fixed, but there may be new ones
  • Fixed issues with displaying changelog.txt on updates
  • Assistant settings window added
  • Wizard can now be started again via options menu

It should be possible to add more options to custom timers, if needed.

Some captures from the new assistant for those who still didn't try it :)

bKLDl2u.png

iM2BMc9.png

Q3zz4Rs.png

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

Just downloaded the alpha. It looks awesome I will play with it some more tomorrow and see if I can break it for you.

Thanks Afira, it's much appreciated. :)

- Turn Off button on timer settings window is now on the other side and has proper icon

- Timer main window remembers its size

- Fixed bug with removing custom timers

The old favor reminders are in Prayer timer, under "more options".

Edited by Aldur

When I click timer I get a popup that says:
Assistant Feature Configurator

Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. if you click Continue. the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit. the application will close immedietly

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.FormTimers.FormTimers_Resize(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Dropbox\Projects\WurmAssistant2\WurmAssistant2\Modules\Timers\FormTimers.cs:line 157
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(SizeF includedFactor, SizeF excludedFactor, Control requestingControl)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.Scale(SizeF includedFactor, SizeF excludedFactor, Control requestingControl)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.PerformAutoScale(Boolean includedBounds, Boolean excludedBounds)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.PerformNeededAutoScaleOnLayout()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.OnLayoutResuming(Boolean performLayout)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ResumeLayout(Boolean performLayout)
   at WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.FormTimers.InitializeComponent() in d:\Dropbox\Projects\WurmAssistant2\WurmAssistant2\Modules\Timers\FormTimers.Designer.cs:line 126
   at WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.FormTimers..ctor() in d:\Dropbox\Projects\WurmAssistant2\WurmAssistant2\Modules\Timers\FormTimers.cs:line 22
   at WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.FormTimers..ctor(ModuleTimers moduleTimers) in d:\Dropbox\Projects\WurmAssistant2\WurmAssistant2\Modules\Timers\FormTimers.cs:line 25
   at WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.ModuleTimers.Initialize() in d:\Dropbox\Projects\WurmAssistant2\WurmAssistant2\Modules\Timers\ModuleTimers.cs:line 44
   at WurmAssistant2.ModuleManager.Start(Type type) in d:\Dropbox\Projects\WurmAssistant2\WurmAssistant2\Engine\ModuleManager\ModuleManager.cs:line 73
   at WurmAssistant2.UControlListModules.userOnCheckedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Dropbox\Projects\WurmAssistant2\WurmAssistant2\Engine\ModuleManager\UContolListModules.cs:line 46
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnCheckedChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.set_CheckState(CheckState value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18033 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WurmAssistant2
    Assembly Version: 2.0.20.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.20.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/WurmAssistant2.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18037 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18022 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Helpers
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/Helpers.DLL
LoggingEngineLite
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/LoggingEngineLite.DLL
WurmClientState
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/WurmClientState.DLL
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
SMDiagnostics
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/SMDiagnostics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/SMDiagnostics.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.ServiceModel.Internals
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel.Internals/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ServiceModel.Internals.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
PopupNotify
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/PopupNotify.DLL
SoundEngine
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/SoundEngine.DLL
WurmLogsManager
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/WurmLogsManager.DLL
NotificationWindow
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/NotificationWindow.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
irrKlang.NET4
    Assembly Version: 1.0.4534.25937
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/irrKlang.NET4.DLL
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Threading.Tasks
    Assembly Version: 2.5.19.0
    Win32 Version: 2.5.19.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/System.Threading.Tasks.DLL
Microsoft.Threading.Tasks
    Assembly Version: 1.0.12.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.16.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/Microsoft.Threading.Tasks.DLL
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.82.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.82.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
ListViewNF
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nytetears/Desktop/WurmAssistant_2_0_20_0/ListViewNF.DLL
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Fixed, sorry about that. Updated .21 version should be on dropbox in few minutes.

Using .21 I added a custom timer for Enchant Tile and set it to 18 hours. Should the custom timers go back and check the logs for when it should go off next or is it just going to work going forward? It tells me it is available right now, but that isn't the case.

Thanks Lokitia, indeed the timer scans logs back. Found and fixed the bug, tested and seems working.

.23 should be on dropbox shortly.

Thanks for the fast turnover. Are you planning on adding a default timer for lock picking or should I just create another custom for that? Also, are there any plans to be able to maybe export custom timers to share with others? Maybe we could create a library of custom timers that way.

I don't know if this is a big deal but One thing I liked in the old one was when you maxed your prayer for the day it said Maxed beside it. The new one does tell you how many hours that you have to wait but I do miss easily seeing 'maxed'

Lockpicking simply worked on finding "Lock picking increased" in skill logs, no extra magic involved.

I like the idea of library, I think the best way will be to set up a simple wiki for Assistant (wurmpedia requires edit permissions first, so it would be too inconvenient).

I've readded the (max) to prayer timer.

Also readded another thing that was in previous timers, there is now an option in each timer that will let popup/sound happen also on assistant launch (if the cooldown is ready).

.25 on dropbox in few minutes.

Disabled remembering position of main window, it was buggy and sometimes started far offscreen.

I've also started a wiki on wikia:

http://wurmassistant.wikia.com

I'll try to set it up somewhat, but otherwise it's going to be free edit.

Edit: wiki is set

Edited by Aldur