Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

I dont think this is fixed yet to do with the log searcher.

I have an account that goes to both freedom and epic however when i went though the portal it has stayed on the freedom logs and im unable to access my MR logs even if i go back to epic.

Firstly, Wurm Assistant is not logging things, it's merely searching through wurm logs, which are in your wurm player dirs and are not modified in any way.

Secondly, the reason Epic logs are not present in Log Searcher is because I do not know their names and I won't waste time making alts just to check that.

Edited by Aldur

Just an update: I'm not rolling changes and bugfixes to current version any more, they will be instead part of upcoming major one. It should arrive between a week and a month from now and be a separate download, will be called Wurm Assistant 2 and will start at version 2.0.0.0 to avoid confusion with previous ones. It will start as beta however and it will not overwrite old assistant, so you can fall back on it if anything breaks.

One of the more interesting upcoming additions is a deed/area planner (2D but with height layers and underground tunnels), which is being programmed by another member of our alliance. And if things go well, a more interactive server map and a bit of integration with wurmtrader, the work-in-progress trading system worked on by yet another member of the ally.

I also really hope to pull mono version of program, so it can be enjoyed by everyone, not just windowsers. :)

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 2

Another update: due to being still unemployed and out of things to do, I'm going full time on Wurm Assistant again. Not yet sure if I'm going to resurrect scrapped ideas, but you never know.

I have also polished the first post of this thread, which is now a much better description of what this program is and what it does, at least in my not so humble opinion.

Finally, I'd like to invite everyone following this program to consider subscribing to my twitter, as it will soon become my main channel to share info about all my wurm-related work and other sandbox-games and programming related things in general. You can also join me on facebook (although it's still missing my face, you can easily reach me there by facebook messenger) and if you need any serious programming done for a bargain price, you can visit my careers2.0 CV at StackOverflow (I know, shameless ad!).

That will be it for now, stay tuned for the upcoming Wurm Assistant v2 :)

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

Hey Aldur,

Am loving this.

Re: Granger:

A couple of requests (not sure if they are being addressed, I couldn't see in the notes).

1) The ability to copy to a new herd, in the event of a multi-deed breeding program

2) If not be able to copy, keep merge, but "tag" the horses from their original herd, so it's easier to split back out

3) An ability to make our own notes, or columns (colour, age)

3a) Is it possible to extract the "age" from the text, as you do the names? In to it's own column?

4) A grooming reminder, as part of the timers, or in Granger itself, so as to go back and start again

General feedback

<<Guide to Wurm Assistant>> the link: [&lt;http://fnc.ucoz.net/Granger.htm>] when you click on it, the link is not available.

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to fnc.ucoz.net

Suggestions:

If I could merge between this and Wurm Army Knife, it'd be perfect. Both programs bring a lot to the maintaining of ones deed, character growth and their environment. Definitely great, so happy to have it and utilise it.

I am looking forward to the added features of 2.0 & beyond.

Great work :)

Hi Mynnah, glad you like it! :)

I also love your idea about temporary merging, this is something I'll definitely try to do.

3 and 4 will also be done for certain, the age will be extracted, the color will be manual unfortunately.

I'm also thinking of making yet another layer of grouping, for just that neighborly purpose: 2 horses with same name could exist in 2 different groups.

I don't know what to say about guide link error, it works for me but I think that site may be inaccessible from your location. :( Hopefully the new hosting, that I'm moving everything to, will be more generally accessible.

And yeah, army knife has many useful things, but I don't think the author is reachable any more. New assistant will probably be able to launch it from it's main window, like many other tools. I didn't notice WAK source available anywhere, so if any of it's features are outdated, only option would be to rewrite from scratch.

Bug:

I spent 5 hours adding 3 Herds to Granger yesterday.

Shut down my PC. (Wurm Assistant was still running)

Start Wurm Assistant and opened the Granger window All 3 Herd not there....

Truly sorry this happened to you, bigsteve. Could you find the program dir (C:\Users\You\Local\AldurCraft) and send me the WurmAssistant.s3db file? I will check if the data was saved there at all, maybe I can restore it if so and also fix whatever caused this issue in first place.

Update: I could not figure what exactly caused the issue.

I'd like everyone to be EXTRA careful when using Granger Beta. Please use it only for small groups of horses, or backup WurmAssistant.s3db somewhere so you can restore if anything happens.

I'm going to make this more sturdy for next version.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

Exciting news Aldur, looking forward to 2.0 :D

We have 2 horses on the 2 deeds here with the same name, 1 in Young, the other Aged, however what happens when they are both Aged? Yuck, or Vens, so it will be a little complicated, but the cross checking with the parentage and manual addition of notes (colours), and the herd IDs would be great to help circumvent any problems if ever merging herds.

I had an issue last night with it saving data, also it was adding horses to the "old" herd, not the "new" one I created (even with the check box & herd selected). I closed the program, opened it back up, created the new herd, closed, reopened & did it for the next 2. After that it saved everything the way I wanted it to save.

Excited for what this project is bringing :)

• Like 1

Hey Aldur

I really love using Granger. It's made life a lot simpler!

Two ideas:

1. Compare two horses traits.

2. Export a herd into a spreadsheet for use on the market forum, showing user selected columns, including traits. Like the one I use (but not limited to!) spreadsheet

You're doing a fantastic job, keep it up :)

• Like 2

I've had to make a tough decision yesterday. So far I've been trying to avoid any Windows-specific code at all, so that eventually it could run on Linux and Mac. However, over these months I kept dismissing certain, sometimes quite awesome, ideas, because they required such code.

I've decided, that I will no longer avoid that code, I can make Assistant much better on Windows and I feel it's worth more than making a mediocre tool for all 3 platforms.

And what exactly Win-specific have I in mind? Well... that's a surprise. ;)

• Like 1

You've provided nothing short of an awesome gadget for Wurm users and I am sure your decision will only bring more awesome goodies to come!  Thanks Aldur for making our addiction ever lasting lol!!!

Edited by Nomadikhan

Can we have the option  of which char is using Granger (pull down menu list on Granger?) ?

I often have me as the main char for reporting etc but would like to use one of my priests for Granger purposes.

Timers: I will be possible to add custom ones, I don't plan to hardcore any more of them.

Granger char list: Yes, in fact you will be able to choose few of them. :)

Hi Aldur, 
I came across an issue today.  I needed to install Wurm in to a new folder (tidying things up) and then the Assistant wouldn't run.  It found the folder, but refused to update the location of the skills files.  I've uninstalled and will reinstall however I thought you should know what happened :)

I'll report back if there are issues with the reinstallation of WA.  :D

Hiya,

I have moved Wurm to "1 Program" from "Program" where the old logs were.  Now it won't read the new location, even though the main settings I have manually overridden the location of the installation

This is the information that I got.  

[20:53:10] !!! LogSearcher: Unexpected exception at TrdStart_PerformSearch
[20:53:10] EXCEPTION: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\My Programs\Games\wurm\program\players\mynnah\logs\_Skills.2013-04-01.txt'.
[20:53:10] SOURCE: mscorlib
[20:53:10] TRACE: 
[20:53:10]    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at WurmAssistant.LogFileSearcherV2.GetFilteredSearchList(GameLogTypes gamelogtype, DateTime timefrom, DateTime timeto, LogSearchData logsearchdata)
   at WurmAssistant.LogSearchManager.TrdStart_PerformSearch(Object par_logSearchData)
[20:53:10] <<< STOPPING ENGINE DUE UNKNOWN EXCEPTION, please report this error
[20:53:10] << Engine stopped
[20:53:10] -----------------------------------
[20:53:10] EXCEPTION: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\My Programs\Games\wurm\program\players\mynnah\logs\_Skills.2013-04-01.txt'.
[20:53:10] SOURCE: mscorlib
[20:53:10] TRACE: 
[20:53:10]    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at WurmAssistant.LogFileSearcherV2.GetFilteredSearchList(GameLogTypes gamelogtype, DateTime timefrom, DateTime timeto, LogSearchData logsearchdata)
   at WurmAssistant.LogSearchManager.TrdStart_PerformSearch(Object par_logSearchData)

Edited by Mynnah

logsearcher -> force recache

Sorry about these little bugs, I'll try to avoid them with new version.

Edited by Aldur

Hiya,

Sorry to be a pain ...  ok, tried that.  This is what I did:
1)  Shut down WA

2)  Reloaded, made sure the path in settings was correct

3)  Opened up the log searched, to it to reset the file that was "incorrect"  (Skills)
4)  It just hung there.  I let it run all night I was AFK (12 hours) and came back it was still there.

I shut down WA, reloaded and now I get an error when I try & use the Log Searcher:  Engine not Running

Is there a way to clean them out from the backend of the program?

I've tried my 3 core Chars.  My main & the 2 alts I use.  

Thank you.

I've found the glitch and patched it, after you get the update, it should no longer be killing entire program.

PS. You will still need to do that "force recache" before everything gets to work correctly again.

Edited by Aldur

Not to be picky, but there's a column in granger titled 'breeded', when the past tense is 'bred'.

Edited by Shidoni

I've found the glitch and patched it, after you get the update, it should no longer be killing entire program.

PS. You will still need to do that "force recache" before everything gets to work correctly again.

Got it!  Woot!  Worked.  Thank you!

• Like 1

Ok i have downloaded it but it always stops on 6,40mb in the installwindow and then a window pops up that says that some files are corrupt and it couldnt be installed. :(