Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Well Tazuras, truth be told I may have went too far encouraging everyone to request features. I don't have time to add specialized things that one or 2 people will ever use and these keep popping up a lot (this thread not the only channel).

But if there are more specific timers requests, I will think about adding some kind of general-purpose custom timers, that anyone can set to work as they please.

Edited by Aldur

Well, if I may make a suggestion, perhaps a sound notifier for gems recieved when mining? I know I could make it read event for the words ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond, opal, etc. But it's just a small thing which might be nice

The event log says this:

"[17:13:12] You find an emerald!"

I found two gems last night, didn't notice either of them until much later, and the same thought hit me.. "I wish I had an audible alert when I find a gem." :)

Well, if I may make a suggestion, perhaps a sound notifier for gems recieved when mining? I know I could make it read event for the words ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond, opal, etc. But it's just a small thing which might be nice

You can set sounds to trigger when you find those yourself. Just add the event trigger to the sound notify. That's the joy of this program. :)

The event log says this:

"[17:13:12] You find an emerald!"

I found two gems last night, didn't notice either of them until much later, and the same thought hit me.. "I wish I had an audible alert when I find a gem." :)

Like I said to Aether, you can set those notifications yourself very easily in "SoundNotify" - anything you want to trigger a sound, just set as the trigger.

The suggestion is for a single alert that works for all gems, instead of a separate alert for each gem. I think for my purposes a single alert on the phrase "You find a" will work just fine. :)

The suggestion is for a single alert that works for all gems, instead of a separate alert for each gem. I think for my purposes a single alert on the phrase "You find a" will work just fine. :)

Making sound triggers yourself is much easier than asking for a feature from the coder to code it into the program, I'm just saying these are easy things players can do within the program instead of asking for them to be added, I think Aldur is being a bit taken advantage of when these are things the program already does but people don't want to bother adding themselves.

Haha well, ok. Here is how you do the gem thing in just one line:

In sound notify you add a custom entry, set the checkbox "Use Regex semantics" and make sure Event logs are selected.

In the Set trigger condition you write it like this:

You find.+(emerald|diamond|black opal|opal|ruby|star diamond|star emerald|star ruby|star sapphire)

With regex, you can do nearly everything. And if you decide to tackle that, you can use logsearcher to test if it works properly. Just choose the search type to "custom regular expression"

Or this tool:

/>http://www.radsoftware.com.au/regexdesigner/

Edited by Aldur

And thanks Star for noticing that, it is indeed not quick to add features to the tool, for example adding the simpliest of timers (lockpicking) took me about an hour and that was with copying most of the code from another timer. :) The more complex things, like the sermon thing (prayer resets and such), took me entire day not including the following bugfixing that we had so much fun with. ;)

Edited by Aldur

RegEx designer, nice.... And yeah, understand that you have to have priorities. I might work on a module at some point though as you suggested, thanks for the replies. :)

also +1 on gem alert, and while you are at it how about a rare alert, might be useful for mining as well :D

Edited by Tazuras

Updated WA with a bugfix for calendar. Now it should show the correct times... well more often. ;)

Edit: and another improvement.

Edited by Aldur

Awesome tool Aldur! One small thing though, I would like an alert every time i receive a PM but am unsure what to put as the condition?

You can to put * (asterisk) and select PM as logtype. This will make a sound on any message from anyone.

You could also put <playername> (including brackets) instead of asterisk for just specific person.

Nice. I'm only using it for tracking fruit seasons atm, but will look into more tomorrow :)

Not sure if it's a change recently on the Wurm end, but Oleander season is not accurate in the tracker.

It's saying Oleander should be available now, but it's not. Looks to be a couple weeks off.

I'm not sure how seasons work, if the actual harvest is a bit random or not. I've set all seasons according to wiki.

Meditation - path of love - when you first get your question the timer doesn't seem to be correct.

You need 12 hours to move from 0-1 and it's saying I'm ready for the next question attempt now, even if I set it manually.

[17:33:07] You still need to let your recent progress sink in for several hours.

Fixed the manual setting in last update, but for the automatic timer I need the messages that indicate when player starts following the path. Apparently they must differ from those after successful question answer.

• Like 1