Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Thanks for reporting these issues. I have a period of limited time to properly support WA, but will try to find a moment to fix this.

Not sure what information you need, but this is the message from Mag Obelisk when purifying (which share pray timer).

[14:30:41] The Otherworldly Monolith feels slightly more stable now!

• Like 1

Big thanks for this @Aeryck! I've updated the timer with this extra condition.

I have no way to test this, would appreciate feedback if it works correctly.

Also if anyone finds any other wordings of this message, please let me know!

(the update will arrive soon)

Edited by Aldur

On 3/4/2023 at 1:38 PM, NickMave said:

1) Why does skill level trigger not work? I set the minimum value and still. 2) My lvl of archeology in the program shows lower than in the game, what is the reason? P.S Sound set, Active: Trueimage.pngimage.png

If the skill shows lower than ingame, it probably means WA has some trouble reading latest level of it. Some of the causes may also be the reason why skill does not trigger.
First please check if your skill gains are being logged into Wurm text logs and at what decimal resolution.
If all is working there, I would then suggest trying Options -> Clear WurmAPI caches.
If that doesn't help, there is probably some log parsing glitch, you may try to play with the files, move them etc. (always do the Clear WurmAPI caches afterwards).

It is also possible that WA is observing wrong folder for logs, you can play with that using Options -> Change game client path

There may be other reasons. Any extra info you can provide may point us to the solution.

AI, not you too Brutus!! 😭

2023-03-12_22h35_33.png

Ok, lets fix this!

2023-03-12_22h40_32.png

YES!!!

2023-03-12_22h41_49.png

😶

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

36 minutes ago, Aldur said:

AI, not you too Brutus!! 😭

2023-03-12_22h35_33.png

Ok, lets fix this!

2023-03-12_22h40_32.png

YES!!!

2023-03-12_22h41_49.png

😶

Well, if it was trained off social media, then it is in its nature to be wrong.

Would it be possible to run 2 copies of Wurm Assistant same time, mostly for using the log searcher feature. I play 1 toon on Steam and another using Wurm Launcher same time on differant servers, and each uses their own location for log files.

Hi @SouthPaw, yes it is possible. You can run WA with relative data dir option. This option makes all WA data to be placed in same directory as the launcher. You can then make copies of that directory and effective have as many independent Wurm Assistants as you like. If you need further help, let me know. I think this thread has a few more in-detail guides on steps how to make this work. But the easiest one is via checkbox in the launcher.

There is also a manual way to copy all your current WA data into relative instances, if you need that.

Edited by Aldur

Ok assume, using relative data dir options seems I got 2 copies of Assistant running now, one for toon on steam and one for toon(s) on Wurm launcher. Now what files do I copy and where to my old log files and my Granger herd I have on steam account toon please?

Also should I group the too servers? Xan and Cad or not since they are on two differant launcers (Steam and Wurm) ?

By default, you will find all data in one folder:

For WA Wurm Online: %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantData

For WA Wurm Unlimited: %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantUnlimitedData

When you run using relative data dir, you should notice new folders created within launcher folder:

Wurm Assistant: data-wa-o 

Wurm Unlimited: data-wa-u

Close Assistants and copy contents between these folders to move all settings and data.

For second question, since assistant can only work with single wurm client folder, mixing steam and standalone is currently not possible, sorry.

Thankyou Aldur, got it and everything seems to be working :). 

• Like 1

Currently in timers window all timer bars are green, the running ones and ready ones.

Could it be possible the ready! bars would be different color like blue, or have options to choose what colors the bars would be.

Also, could we choose when editing custom timer to instead of using "cooldown" to check the timer so it would instead count time after the event happening (Got this idea from Holy Site Pulse event tracking with timers.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raybarg said:

Currently in timers window all timer bars are green, the running ones and ready ones.

Could it be possible the ready! bars would be different color like blue, or have options to choose what colors the bars would be.

This is a cool idea! The only thing that comes to my mind is that bar styles are coming from Windows directly. But there is always some secret native call to change such things, will add to my todo to check this.

Also, could we choose when editing custom timer to instead of using "cooldown" to check the timer so it would instead count time after the event happening (Got this idea from Holy Site Pulse event tracking with timers.)

This is also a cool idea, although code for timers is a bit messy, I'll see if that can be added relatively painlessly.

public static class ModifyProgressBarColor
    {
        [DllImport("user32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Auto, SetLastError = false)]
        static extern IntPtr SendMessage(IntPtr hWnd, uint Msg, IntPtr w, IntPtr l);
        public static void SetState(this ProgressBar pBar, int state)
        {
            SendMessage(pBar.Handle, 1040, (IntPtr)state, IntPtr.Zero);
        }
    }

Yea, I tested the bar coloring and had to add the static class above which sends the API call. Googled it up. Tried to tinker with the style and forecolor but the progressbar adamantly remained green. :D

Then I added progressBar1.SetState(2); where we set the text as "ready!"
And progressBar1.SetState(1); on the else branch.

Now timers are green when running and red when ready.

I would make a pull request but I couldnt find .Net SDK 4.5 and had to upgrade all projects to 4.5.2 so my studio has poked and tinkered everywhere. :)

I'll look into adding the option to not type in the cooldown but have the timer just show elapsed time.

• Like 2

Amazing 🤩 thank you! You can make the pull request, I'll copy changes from it to filter out .net upgrade. Or may upgrade .net, need to check OS stats - some time ago old windows was still needed by someone.

image.png

Would that be good when red = ready, yellow = elapsed timer and green = running cooldown?

Color choices from perspective that the more alarming the color, the more pressing issue it is to do something. When Cooldown is running, its green and not alarming at all. :)

Also image of custom timer edit window when elapsed time is chosen:

image.png

Edited by Raybarg
  • Like 1

Colors OK 👌

On the second thing, ideally I'd go with exclusive groups of options: cool down or elapsed time. (I can adjust during merge if preferable)

So something like this:

[Radio] "start cool down lasting... (...)"

[Radio] "show elapsed time since starting condition last found"

(could probably reword entire dialog to overall be more clear)

When I try to edit seasons calendar, the days for harvesting (off by about 4 days it seems) I get an error when try to save.

Something went wrong! > SQL logic error  no such table: PersistentObjects

Seems to be working ok now

Edited by SouthPaw

Hiya folks!

Thanks to @Raybarglean coding skills, custom timers got a new feature: you can now create a custom timer that works as elapsed time, counting time passed since it last spotted the condition.

Quite cool and amazing to see a contrib like this! Thank you and hoping for more!

• Like 4

Hey, thanks for Wurm Assistant!

Just somehow, I got my colors mixed up for the timer on my Wurm Assistant. I got no idea what I did, but now my timer colors are red bar/green bar, like this...

RlIlGbM.jpg

Is this correct? Was this an update?

Is there a way for me to switch the colors for the timer bars?

Either way, thanks for the work u do on Wurm Assisant !

Teeebomb

hi @TeeeBOMB, this was changed with recent update.

Now that I think about it, maybe it would be less surprising if the timer was red when counting and green when ready?

Adding an option to disable this also sounds like a good idea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aldur said:

Adding an option to disable this also sounds like a good idea.

Your choice, we can get used to whichever way u do it, np. I was just concerned I had accidently ran into some short cut key changed my colors. If there were such a short cut key, then I'd like to know bout it, lol. Thanks for your quick response.

Universally "Green means Go" but upon testing (and also explaining this choice to friends) proved that when having many timers running, its sort of "calm and unalarming" when running timers are green... and upon the moment of a timer completing like "Now its time for you to pray/meditate/preach/etc..." with red bar, it was significantly more intuitive to react to it.

Also, with the new timer option "Elapsed time" which idea was sprouted from keeping track of when last holy site pulse was, blended as yellow much better with green running timers.

I'll add option to choose "simple mode" and "colorful mode" and for the "colorful mode" the option to choose which way red and green are shown. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for giving the context @Raybarg, that is also what I wondered - which option feels more natural for those of us who actually use times, so that excludes me. :)