Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Hello Aldur,

just barging in to clarify : He means a timer for the ABILITIES meditation unlocks like enchanted grass, not the timer for when you can meditate.

I dont have found an ability timer, just a skill timer.

But you can just make it with the timer tool..

Make a new timer, type in the event message you want it to trigger off of, set the cd to 18h and done.

Yup, at the moment custom timer is the way to go about it. It works for all simple cases, which is probably why they weren't added explicitly.

Got this working in Linux (Kubuntu) installing wine64 and wineticks.  Use winetricks to install DotNet 4.8 and Visual C++ 2010.  Has some display and function issues, but granger is working.

• Like 1

Awesome @nicedreams! It's good to know that windows and linux improve relations every year! If only that were true for all relationships... :D 

I've linked this into Linux section of OP.

If you spot any specific issues that prevent using it normally, please let me know.

On 3/24/2022 at 2:43 AM, nicedreams said:

Got this working in Linux (Kubuntu) installing wine64 and wineticks.  Use winetricks to install DotNet 4.8 and Visual C++ 2010.  Has some display and function issues, but granger is working.

Thanks, I managed to get it working on MXlinux KDE today as well, using a clean wineprefix.

Earlier I ran into issues where it would not work using dotnet45 (stated as being required in the first post) and I had to use a winetricks version outside the one delivered in aptitude, using the --self-update argument.

• Like 1

Having a bit of trouble with Calendar, I'm on Cadence server (which is on the list of servers and selected) and have it set for Display time as... Real Time. It shows for all plants in  "Lasts for..." column 21 hours 0 minutes, if switch to Wurm time then shows for all 7 days. There is one entry Grapes which went in season couple days ago, showing less then 21 hours, it shows 4 hours 48 minutes.

Hops just went in season but list shows Hops will start in 39 days. Oranges are also in season but showing 40 days before they are in calendar.

I've checked in configure and its showing correct date, at the moment [21:08:19] It is 12:30:49 on day of the Ant in week 2 of the Raven's starfall in the year of 1108.

I switched to a few other servers in calendar to see if was something just with Cadence messed up but others show same as Cadence.

Thx again for great addition to Wurm

Hi @SouthPawI don't know what happened. I doubt it but have the season dates change in wurm?

I'll look into it, may need your help at some point (will PM you)

Not sure whats happening, someone I know checked theirs and its working correctly for them. Only thing on theirs it doesn't show Cadence in list of servers. 

Hi there Aldur.

Firstly great app! I'm a WU user and I've come across a small bug with the Granger module. My preset "values" are all zeros. I was wondering if I have a corrupt file, as I used to have this installed many moons ago and I've just come back to Wurm.

Screenshot-1.jpg

Edited by AshtonBlack

Hi @AshtonBlack- this is correct, as weird as that sounds. The recent change in wurm creature traits made the old values outdated. You need to now copy the preset and set your own values, based on which traits you'd like to breed for. For example if you set draft traits to 20 (or any number you like) and all others to 0, then the granger will suggest to pair best draft combos. You can make multiple presets for different targets.

Hi, for some reason Granger doesnt update the pregnant status of the horse after Smile+Examine and keeps suggesting it for breeding. Is there any way for me to fix this?

My current AH skill is low, does this cause the issue?

Thanks!

Can I feature request?

If so, I'd like there to be a tickbox on timers similar to the "which should stay until clicked" one that says "which should stay until the timer resets".

Simply put, it's nice to get the reminder that I need to take a new sip of kahvesi but it'd be even sweeter if said visual reminder hid itself once I actually take that sip.

The "which should stay until clicked" to me is that but with an extra step which  (in my opinion) is rarely needed.

Edited by Borstaskor

Hi @Borstaskor, this is a good idea, noted!

Hi @Baroness, yes the skill may affect that but without more details it's very difficult to be sure. But you can try manually setting that horse as pregnant - set its "will give birth on" in the details to some date in the future.

• Like 1

Hi Aldur, thanks for the reply. If i manually set the horse as pregnant, the information is shown in granger. If i then Smile/Examine that data is removed. Is it possible that the folowing line is not taken into account in granger (as a result of the fact that its a 'guess')?

[2022-06-21] [09:18:23] You guess that she might give birth in 1 day.

Thanks!

@Baronessthanks for spotting that line, there must be missing corner case there. I should probably look at this parser and maybe put more wildcards into pattern matching.

@Aldurthanks! I unfortunatly found another line that is not taken into account in the parser.

[09:17:03] You make an educated guess that she will give birth in 8 days.

Not sure why but I'm using smile-examine and the timers that are 6 days and OVER are not showing hours

Examples 

• [22:18:39] You predict she will give birth in 6 days, 16 hours.
  • [22:19:14] You predict she will give birth in 8 days, 7 hours.
  • [22:19:32] You predict she will give birth in 9 days, 3 hours.

Are showing up like this:

unknown.png

For reference these ones UNDER 6 days are showing as seemingly normal:

• [22:21:54] You predict she will give birth in 1 day, 10 hours.
  • [22:22:20] You predict she will give birth in 3 days, 4 hours.
  • [22:22:48] You predict she will give birth in 5 days, 9 hours.

Seems normal i think:

unknown.png

Sorry if this is intentional and i'm just unaware ^^;

Hi @Lovelie, sorry for late reply! I think it was intentional, but I agree it makes no sense. It's probably because in the past it had a day-accuracy. Changed in last version.

In Idea. 

I got a few merchants and trying to keep an excel sheet up to date with what i have in stock, to display on a website to, as many do. 
but when you sell that 1 item and can't see what it is apart from the approx. price, then you need to sit and double checked all the items to see whats missing to start all over and add it all. 

I was thinking here, you already have Granger, that reads from the event and take some stats for the horses,  would it maybe be possible to make something like that, but where you e.g. smile at the merchant, then for a short window, ID each item they have on them and this gets added to an excel (or wurm assistant window to export to excel)

where it shows info like, the name, quality and imps ?
Maybe easier said than done 😛 but now its said at least.

Hi @denully, this is good idea but last time I've explored it, the list of items was only visible inside a window and it is against Wurm policies to scrape data directly from Client window. I could check if there are other ways, but I don't have any merchant - so if you could make one accessible for experiments, I can possibly come back with some more proposals. :) 

ah i see :) got a few on our west dock you can use, or you want me to empty one you can setup to test with ? 

Yes would be best to have manager rights for one of them. But I'm really busy this week, so please wait with that till weekend. I'll try to catch you online then. 👍