Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

From time to time, I'm having an issue where Granger doesn't "see" the inbreeding between two horses and goes ahead and suggests them as a compatible couple. (even though "Discard all creatures that would cause inbreeding is checked in Advisor options).

The reason I'm able to see this is because of the new in-game orange text that we get if inbreeding is about to happen. Such as "[19:29:54] The aged fat Haltflea 'M 3-DRAFT +S -' and the mature fat Sadrock 'F 3-DRAFT -' seem to be related."

HorseInbreeding2.jpg

Another example when this happened a few weeks ago (just never got around to reporting it)

HorseInbreeding.jpg

Anyone else experiencing this? Might I have some setting that's messing it up?

PS: If this is an known issue and something we can't really stop happening from time to time, it might be nice to have a new option under "Create pair" called something like "Never pair/breed" so that we can ourselves set "Negative pairs" versus good ones 🙂 - although it would need to be made to support multiple "non-pairs" in case the issue is happening with other animals as well.

1 hour ago, Malena said:

From time to time, I'm having an issue where Granger doesn't "see" the inbreeding between two horses and goes ahead and suggests them as a compatible couple. (even though "Discard all creatures that would cause inbreeding is checked in Advisor options).

The reason I'm able to see this is because of the new in-game orange text that we get if inbreeding is about to happen. Such as "[19:29:54] The aged fat Haltflea 'M 3-DRAFT +S -' and the mature fat Sadrock 'F 3-DRAFT -' seem to be related."

HorseInbreeding2.jpg

Another example when this happened a few weeks ago (just never got around to reporting it)

HorseInbreeding.jpg

Anyone else experiencing this? Might I have some setting that's messing it up?

PS: If this is an known issue and something we can't really stop happening from time to time, it might be nice to have a new option under "Create pair" called something like "Never pair/breed" so that we can ourselves set "Negative pairs" versus good ones 🙂 - although it would need to be made to support multiple "non-pairs" in case the issue is happening with other animals as well.

Yes I am having this happen as well from time to time. I is not every time, but I have noticed it as well.

Hi @Malena@gnomegates

Good idea about adding some way to manually set inbreeding between 2 creatures. I'm adding to the idea list.

About reasons behind this, it may be related to what I've described one post above yours - changing in-game name of a creature causes name of parent to change for all offspring. You can verify this by doing new smilexamine sweep over entire herd and seeing if inbreeding is then picked correctly.

However if that doesn't change anything, then I'm extra curious and would love some more information on this. There may be some rule I'm not aware of.

• Like 1

I might get tomatoes tossed at me for commenting something that isn't AH related, but here goes..

Is it just me who has issues with the "crafting assistant" not updating tools properly for certain imping skills? It works flawlessly for carpentry but I know that it doesn't for smithing related skills as well as some other ones. I can't remember off the top of my head which tool it doesn't switch to but I think it might've been pelt for smithing? I simply only use it for carpentry right now but I'd love to use it for all the imping skills!

If it's something that someone knows how to fix, then please share how you fixed it! :D

15 hours ago, Aldur said:

You can verify this by doing new smilexamine sweep over entire herd and seeing if inbreeding is then picked correctly.

Thanks Aldur!

For a test, I did the following:

1) Removed the "manual names" from both horses

2) Removed them from the old herd

3) Cleared Wurm Api caches

4) Restarted WA

5) Created a new herd from these two, readding them now with their "natural born" name

Even after all of that, it still suggests them as a good pair. Hope that helped!

Hi @Malena

Do you find any possible reason to that?

Could you post what /smile emote and smilexamine event output looks like in wurm for all involved creatures (including parents) and also any screenshots of how they appear in Granger?

5mul4u.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Aldur said:

Hi @Malena

Do you find any possible reason to that?

Could you post what /smile emote and smilexamine event output looks like in wurm for all involved creatures (including parents) and also any screenshots of how they appear in Granger?

5mul4u.jpg

I made a video, hopefully this will explain something :) 

• Like 1

I think I've got it (Thanks for the video!! @Malena).

I've noticed that wording for dead parent is different than for alive one. Never noticed, because my creatures are from long before that feature was added!

Granger simply didn't notice "mother was" and "father was" lines.

New update rolling as I write!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aldur said:

I've noticed that wording for dead parent is different than for alive one. Never noticed, because my creatures are from long before that feature was added!

Yaaayyyy! Glad it helped!

I use the native client for a character and the steam client for a character. Is there a way to have both characters have their accounts linked to Wurm Assistant at the same time? I find myself having to switch the game directory back and forth between the two.

Hi @Skullripz, I'm sorry but that is not possible as of yet. WA was made when there was only One True Wurm. I have this on todo, but it's not trivial to do.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what it's trying to update in WA, but this is the second time I've seen this type of thing since I started using WA again (I mostly use it for granger lol):

[08:47:18] > Info > WurmApi > SkillEntryParser: Skill message appears to inform about affinity, not supported. Raw entry: Timestamp: 9/19/2021 2:35:52 PM, Source: , Content: Mind has increased to rank 1 affinity

I think it's just the log file reader not understanding affinity increase messages and can be ignored.

• Like 1

I'm having a problem with Granger not wanting to record Parents. (Who are still alive, by the way)

Nor is it picking up all traits.

Spoiler

2021/09/22 13:45:08.199 > Info > GrangerFeature > smile cond: You smile at the young Blossom.
2021/09/22 13:45:08.199 > Info > GrangerFeature > attempting to start processing creature due to line: You smile at the young Blossom.
2021/09/22 13:45:08.199 > Info > GrangerFeature > extracting object name
2021/09/22 13:45:08.199 > Info > GrangerFeature > object assumed to be a creature
2021/09/22 13:45:08.199 > Info > GrangerFeature > building new creature object and moving to processor
2021/09/22 13:45:08.199 > Info > GrangerFeature > finished building
2021/09/22 13:45:09.775 > Info > GrangerFeature > found maybe trait line: It has been branded by and belongs to the settlement of Emberwynn.
2021/09/22 13:45:09.775 > Info > GrangerFeature > trait parsing finished
2021/09/22 13:45:09.775 > Info > GrangerFeature > found maybe branding line
2021/09/22 13:45:09.775 > Info > GrangerFeature > found creature to be branded for: Emberwynn
2021/09/22 13:45:09.775 > Info > GrangerFeature > creature set to female
2021/09/22 13:45:09.775 > Info > GrangerFeature > found maybe trait line: It has malformed hindlegs. It looks shabby and frail. It has been bred in captivity. 
2021/09/22 13:45:09.775 > Info > GrangerFeature > found trait: It has malformed hindlegs
2021/09/22 13:45:09.775 > Info > GrangerFeature > trait parsing finished
2021/09/22 13:45:09.775 > Info > GrangerFeature > found maybe color line
2021/09/22 13:45:09.775 > Info > GrangerFeature > found creature to have color: grey
2021/09/22 13:45:09.825 > Info > GrangerFeature > found maybe parents line
2021/09/22 13:45:09.825 > Info > GrangerFeature > finished parsing parents line
2021/09/22 13:45:13.565 > Info > GrangerFeature > processing timed out, attempting to verify and apply last inspected creature
2021/09/22 13:45:13.565 > Info > GrangerFeature > finishing processing creature: Blossom
2021/09/22 13:45:13.565 > Info > GrangerFeature > Creature data is valid
2021/09/22 13:45:13.655 > Info > GrangerFeature > successfully updated creature in db
2021/09/22 13:45:13.655 > Info > GrangerFeature > processor buffer cleared
2021/09/22 13:45:13.655 > Info > GrangerFeature > processor buffer cleared

This donkey was just born today, the frail trait is not added to granger.

Neither of the Donkey's parents are added into Granger. 329f9a295d2fde5073a1a689875213f0.png

[09:45:09] Her mother is an aged donkey 'Janet'. Her father is an aged donkey 'Jack'. 

However, my Horses have their parents added just fine.

Hi @Lisabetyes it's what @Explora said, affinities aren't useful for WA and I should probably remove that line from logs.

Hi @Zerathanks for spotting this. I see that some messages are a bit different than expected, so will try to adjust for that.

Hi @Zera and also other Granger users.

I'm investigating traits and I've noticed that some traits have different names in the above log:

In my WA there are:

• Bred in captivity.
  • It seems shabby and frail.

But in the logs above there are:

• It has been bred in captivity.
  • It looks shabby and frail.

Are these wordings different between horses and donkeys / other creatures, or was it wurmpedia typo?

Edited by Aldur

On 9/15/2021 at 1:18 PM, Aldur said:

Oh-oh... it still seems to be happening... 

11 minutes ago, Aldur said:

I know it's old and silly but... latest version? (120)

I think so, judging from the version shown in the top left, right? 

HorseInbreeding3.jpg

I've double checked and all those changes got through. Obviously there must be something else missing, but I'll need more help in finding that out.

On 9/24/2021 at 1:04 PM, Aldur said:

Hi @Zera and also other Granger users.

I'm investigating traits and I've noticed that some traits have different names in the above log:

In my WA there are:

• Bred in captivity.
  • It seems shabby and frail.

But in the logs above there are:

• It has been bred in captivity.
  • It looks shabby and frail.

Are these wordings different between horses and donkeys / other creatures, or was it wurmpedia typo?

I currently don't have anything with the frail trait anymore, and my donkey's are all wild but I am expecting a baby donkey any day now.

Looking between 2 different horses and the cow I have here, "It has been bred in captivity" is consistent. I will report back when my donkey gives birth though.

• Like 1

For "bred in captivity" the text for various animals

This donkey looks pretty stubborn. - It has a certain spark in its eyes. It seems vibrant. It looks stationary. It has been bred in captivity.

Horses like this one have many uses. - It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It seems to pick stuff up. It looks stationary. It has been bred in captivity.

This mule looks like it could pack a lot. - It will fight fiercely. It is especially loyal. It has been bred in captivity.

This calf looks happy and free. - It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has been bred in captivity.

This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol (Hell Horse) - It will fight fiercely. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has been bred in captivity.

A mythical beast of legends, it stares back at you with blood filled eyes and froth around the mouth (Sheep). - It looks plump and ready to butcher. It has been bred in captivity.

For "shabby and frail" the text reads

A foal skips around here merrily. - It has lightning movement. It has very strong leg muscles. It seems accustomed to water. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It looks shabby and frail. It has been bred in captivity.

• Like 1

Can the combat tool get an icon or text to track how the enemy mob is defending? I know it may be hard to track what mob is defending where and which you have targeted, but it'd be a big help. The in-game defensive icon takes way too long to update (almost a minute at times).

Thanks @Zera@Explorafor feedback. I've gone ahead and pushed the update to these trait, as it appears it was a wurmpedia typo after all. But if you notice anything odd, please let me know.

Hi@LionIX, I'm pretty sure this could be done, but it also sounds like an in-game bug for it to update so late. Perhaps you should report it?
In meantime I've added this to todo list.