Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

30 minutes ago, Malena said:

Well I've got the other warnings about paths to other characters, but looking through those errors I didn't see anything that looked like it could be related.

Also about the Keen senses / Accustomed to water thing, this screenshot may be useful.

So keen sense still seems to be in the list although that is not a trait anymore. 

And WA isn't able to "see" that my horse had "Accustomed to water".

WA_accustomed.jpg

Was this a horse registered in Granger before the update?

If so, it may be so - I'm working on something that will merge old trait with new one.

But if you have smilexamined that horse and it still has keen instead of accustomed to water, this will be a bug.

21 minutes ago, Malena said:

Oh and another issue I'm noticing is that WA seems to keep "ancient history" on the names of animals and refuses to recognize the updated name, even after removing and re-smiling/examining. Here is the process I went through for this to happen:

1) Before the animal update, I had 5-speeds branded and named to "F 5-Speed" and "M 5-Speed"

2) These horses were in my WA

3) The animal update happened, after which I renamed them all to "F Old 5-Speed" and "M Old 5-Speed"

4) The WA update happened after which I removed all my old herds from WA completely and started fresh, re-smiling and re-examining both those old horses with updated names as well as new ones.

5) However, WA seems to "remember" their old names, even though I had removed them and now refuses to recognize the new name

Is there a way for me to empty WA's memory of such things? :) 

I did try the following:

1) Removed these horses once again from WA

2) Did the "Clear WurmApi Caches" 

However upon re-adding these horses, it still remembers the old name.

Actually you have surprised me here. I've even reread the code just to be sure. Overall the code is a bit too complex - there are some creature name matching options in WA. But at the core, it tries to extract custom name that the creature has - it does that for all creatures in Granger and also for the smilexamined creature. So once you have renamed them either in Wurm or in WA, they should no longer match. I'd expect WA to create new creature in the herd. 

So much for theory. :D I will try this in practice and let you know what I find.

@MalenaI'm back with results...

First - Granger columns.

During this update, I've removed some columns from the lists. It seems that when WA loads saved state and the new number of columns is different, it may cause it to reset to default.

Once layout is again set correctly, it also is saved correctly from that point of time, so this issue does not happen again (at least did not happen during my tests).

There is nothing I can do about it sadly, state of this list is something built into GUI control that I'm not an author of. I will have to remember not to remove columns in the future.

have you tried this after more WA restarts? Does it work as I've described?

Second - Keen Senses.

Turns out it's tricky to remove a trait. Could do this, but since I'm rewriting Granger for WA4, I don't think I'll be risking messing something for everyone.

Currently, doing smilexamine update on a creature should remove keen senses from it and replace by correct trait.

If that is not the case, please let me know. 

Third - Problem updating creature after rename.

Turned out there was a long standing bug. If creature branding name contained one of the words working as prefixes to creatures (eg. 'Old'), it was being completely removed from creature name, causing what you observed.

The fix should be downloadable shortly.

• Like 1

Granger is seeing Accustomed to water trait in my horses

5KWh583.png

Opinions on trait presets:

VhLe73G.png

Removable traits are -100

Speed traits are 10  (100 for rare - unbelievably fast)

Draft traits are 11  (101 for rares)

Things you want to really stand out = 500

So at a glance I should be able to see that:

53 means 5 traits, 3 being draft

41 means 3 speeds and one draft

and so on.

Anything under 0 need genesis

100 and over means you have a rare trait

101, 112, 153 etc would indicate 1, 2, or 3 draft traits, one possibly being rare

500+ means there is a special trait that begs for attention...

Edited by Nicholai
  • Like 2

Thank you so much for your efforts Aldur! I'm happy to report that each and every one of the issues has now been resolved. The columns are saving the way I had set them up, the "accustomed to water" is now correctly being noticed and registered, re-adding old horses with their new names is now working as well! Thank you very much for all your hard work!

• Like 1

Just when you thought ol' Malena would finally get off your case! 😄

One little thing that you might want to look into, is that a new bug that I noticed these recent days. (was never a problem before the update)

1. Create a herd name that is rather long

2. Restart the app

3. Notice how the long names seem to be "squished" to the left due to some white piece + grey vertical line on the upper right corner of the "Active herds" column

4. By opening some of the windows, such as "advisor options" you can "fix" the issue for that particular setting, but once you restart the app, you'll be back to square one.

It's probably related to whatever is also causing that white bit to cover the upper dark grey frame edge above "value" as well. 

WA_frames.gif

PS: I swear that we were able to drag the separating vertical line left or right, the one that's between Active herds and the columns before? Now at least, you can't anymore.

Will check this out on the code side. Much of this behavior changed with windows 10, back in the day. It overall messed the looks of Granger. :)

• Like 1

Made a small tweak to the herd list column, so that it always is wider. As a side effect, a scroll bar now shows on the bottom of list - but I think it's acceptable tradeoff.

2021-08-07_19h43_16.png

thanks so much for the effort and update. ive been sorting and adding my herd over the weekend. i took a quick glimpse and couldn't find an issue related to strong-willed. the negative trait "it is unusually strong-willed" is not being picked up on any of my horses. i have removed and added and updated etc. but nothing seems to pick it up.  i did however notice that in game the "strong-willed" part has a hyphen in it and in granger its listed as "strong willed" so maybe thats where the disconnect is? does it look for an exact spelling? not sure.

regardless. you are a legend and your work is much appreciated. 

• Like 1

A few errors in the Trait List using view mode Compact

Agressive should be Aggressive

llness should be Illness

"seems more friendly" and "looks more friendly than normal" both listed as More Friendly

Unbieliev fast should be Unbelieve fast

bUAWt54.png

noticed this the last couple times I launched WA

[12:07:53] > Info > WurmApi > SkillEntryParser: Skill message appears to inform about affinity, not supported. Raw entry: Timestamp: 5/27/2021 8:24:22 PM, Source: , Content: Miscellaneous items has increased to rank 1 affinity

• Like 1

So - I have the problem with Granger that the traits just show *0* - all of them.

IG it shows the traits und number normally - do I have to do something and if - where ? the *edit preset* option shows default and also all with *0*

Edited by Syrann

@Syrannyou will need to setup your own value list unless Aldur can figure out how breeding works and make default values based on that.

If you check my post just above you can see a list of values I setup for my Draft herd. I set normal draft traits to +100, rare draft traits to +200, all speed traits to -100 and other positive traits such as Certain Spark to +10.

1 minute ago, Explora said:

@Syrannyou will need to setup your own value list unless Aldur can figure out how breeding works and make default values based on that.

If you check my post just above you can see a list of values I setup for my Draft herd. I set normal draft traits to +100, rare draft traits to +200, all speed traits to -100 and other positive traits such as Certain Spark to +10.

I tried to do that, but I have no idea how. It wont let me edit.

click Edit Presets, select "defaults", click Copy button at bottom and enter new presets name

• Like 2

Thank you so much  and also a huge thanks to Aldur !!!

• Like 3

On 8/8/2021 at 8:56 PM, Explora said:

A few errors in the Trait List using view mode Compact

Agressive should be Aggressive

llness should be Illness

"seems more friendly" and "looks more friendly than normal" both listed as More Friendly

Unbieliev fast should be Unbelieve fast

bUAWt54.png

Thanks @Explora for spotting these, just updated.

The "more friendly" was a little headache, I've chosen "friendlier" for the other one. :P 

• Like 1

Hello, 

First of all, Awesome job so far on the update for this, I am finally feeling secure in adding in my animals and it has gone well except for one small issue. I fix the names of all my horses with 2 character acronyms so I can see what they have when I cursor over them in the game. (Ex Cloudhaste(2S3D1O(CSST) for animal Cloudhaste with 2 speed 3 draft 1 output including Certain Spark and Seems Stationary). That being said, when I smile examine animals to add them to granger, if they have the same traits but have different names and different colors, granger now "updates" the previous animal to the name of the one I am currently adding in. I dont know if the acronyms I am adding have anything to do with it or if it is just reading duplicate stats (including sex) and throwing out color and name when it does so. But Mr Cloudehaste I used in the example replaced another animal of a different color. Is there anyway for Granger to be tweaked to include color in its "read" so this doesn't happen? I hope this makes sense to you. 

Hi @LynDas far as I remember, color is currently not included. By default it's only creature name. You will need to use a unique naming method or separate creatures using couple herds, to achieve this.

Apologies if I missed anything about this in an earlier posting, but I still have both 'keen senses' and 'accustomed to water' in the default trait list. Afaik I've got the most up to date version (3.3 Stable-win R117). I stupidly tried to simply delete the keen senses from a copy of the default list that I had set up for draft traits points, and of course that deleted that particular list so I have to recreate it :D

Hi @Tilda, keen senses was not removed as it would break couple things in the app and I didn't see any value in such tampering.

Ok thanks Aldur, I've worked out new points systems for them all so happy to just leave that at zero :)

Hi there,

I'm having some weird stuff happening in Granger.  I renamed some horses due to wanting to be able to easily see draft/speed.  Now weird stuff.  For example, after renaming, doing a smile/examine on horse called Nanafast.  Got message that it changed name from Bomwarrior to Nanafast.  But it was already called Nanafast.  I also have a horse called Bomwarrior.  It's was also putting in same horse twice.  I read up, changed a setting to stop the same horse twice thing happening.  But still happening and sometimes when it puts in a horse for second time it is giving the horse different parent names.  I am very confused and no idea how to fix all this.  Never had any issues before.  Well I had the second horse thing before after renaming but I just deleted the first horse.  Never got a name change of parents issue before.  I've had this 'changing the name of horse to the name it already is from another horse name it wasn't' loads of times now.  If that makes any sense at all.... Total mess now and don't know how to fix it.

Hi @Arelone

I've done a quick hack at this. When below option is unchecked, it causes described issue:

8uclja7.png 

After checking it, my creatures updated as expected, even if multiple were given same custom name, since they still had different birth names.

I'm also updating Granger now, so that this option is checked by default - as it feel default is more intuitive that way.

Please let me know if this worked for you. Also make sure you have latest version of WA: "3.3 stable-win R117

I've also accidentally noticed that father and mother printed by Examine is now logging exact current name of the creature, including custom name. This is tricky, because those names are used for inbreeding checks by advisor.

So after renaming a creature and smilexamining it, without doing smilexamine update on all offspring, granger will incorrectly claim breeding these creatures is fine.

I won't be able to improve on this, sadly. Because creatures without unique birth names, can only be compared for inbreeding using custom names. The only way for now, after creature rename is to re-smilexamine entire herd.