Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

43 minutes ago, Aldur said:

Hmm I somehow thought there will be more finesse to this new system.

It's possible it will have more finesse once Wurm is done tweeking it. I just think it too broken and uncertain right now for you to be worried about it works.

I'd be okay with a way to manually specify an animal's type.

As @Ogare suggested I'd avoid doing too much work on Breeding Assistant until the latest adjustments and tweaks are implemented.

@Sidereal that's a really good idea for the point value filters this is helping a lot.

I've modified it to have -100 value for Speed Traits in the Draft filter and Draft traits in the Speed filter, I'm hoping this should recommend breeding partners that match the dominant group of the animal.

Edited by Explora
adding idea for negative points for other groups

On 7/29/2021 at 1:41 PM, Ogare said:

side note...Could Granger be taught to distinguish different animals? It seem to assume all animals can be breed together. Maybe that is a breeding assistant thing.

I usually build different herds for different animals so this will not happen, its easy to do, the only trick is remembering to be in the right herd when you "load" an animal into the Granger. (EX Horses herd  and Bison herd, if I am Smile Examining a baby bison to load into Granger, I better have the Bison herd loaded on the screen or it will end up in the Horses herd)

• Like 2

Just rolled first part of Granger WA update.

This is the "minimal" update I've promised. It took so long because I've had to think through, if those changes will be compatible with remaining work.

What's in?
* All new known traits have been added and can be smilexamined
* Default breeding advisor values for all traits have been set to zero (up to you folks to set how you like!)
* Many of the no longer needed features removed:
  - Detecting traits invisible at current AH level (because most traits have no exact numbers known so far)
  - Detecting if horse is from Epic (it was only needed for detecting invisible traits)
  - Validating parents during smilexamine (caused weird issues and wasn't very useful)
  - Validating traits mismatch during smilexamine (same reason as above + unknown AH visibility for most new traits)
  - Skipping trait update if inspect AH skill lower than previous scan (it was unintuitive, app shouldn't try to be smarter than it's master)
  - Specific handling for genesis cast (simple smilexamine update does this now under all cases)
  - Displaying potential traits (since AH visibility unknown for most traits and wasn't very useful)
  - Calculating potential value by breeding advisor (due to above and because advisor needs to be adapted to new rules).
* The beer button is back ;)
* The bugs are likely, if you spot any, do not hesitate to contact me!

About making use of current breeding advisor.
One recommended earlier way is to create couple value presets, each scoring high for traits of different category. Once such preset is activated, Granger will suggest matching creatures containing multiple such traits. To prefer horses with less negative traits, all such presets can contain negative scores for negative traits.

What's next:
* New breeding advisor, with simple rules so no value presets need to be set manually and also including trait scoring caps. It will be updated together with Wurm updates to whole husbandry system.
* Good display for trait category (currently it's not even displayed anywhere).
* Many other earlier suggested changes to Granger.
* Some more critical updates to other features.
* And a sheepment of beer!

• Like 7

Summary of some things that might surprise veteran users:

1. Granger no longer prevents updating traits when inspection AH skill is lower than recorded value. This may be important when using low-skill alts... but in practice I don't think anyone ever needed that.
  2. Invisible traits (those visible only to higher level AH) are no longer highlighted. It could work for some better known traits, but since these are minority, I've decided to drop this altogether to simplify the app and avoid confusion.
  3. You have to set breeding advisor values (edit presets) manually now. If you've never used these, then first copy default scheme and then set values as you like. Can create multiple schemes.
  4. Granger may run a bit slower than it used to. But if you notice major decrease in performance, be sure to let me know. A video and computer spec would help a lot!
Edited by Aldur
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Aldur said:

THANK YOU!!!! 

You ROCK!

• Like 1

My cheeks hurt......

Feel like a flight attendant right after boarding a Superjumbo.  :D

It isn't picking up "It looks stationary."

I believe it may be because in the trait description in the preset editor it is listed as "It seems stationary."

"looks vs seems" 

Should be 'looks"

Only thing I can see.  FANTASTIC work. Thank you so much.

Edited by Homestead
Can't type. :D
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aldur said:

Thank you so much Aldur! And just for those of us who are a bit clueless, the update comes in automatically once we start WA, right? 

In the logs I see: 

Info > AppMigrationsManager > Wurm Assistant data is at version 3. No upgrade required.

So this means it's now up to date, right? No new version downloads necessary?

• Like 1

@Malenamine did a version check on start then downloaded new version 113. After my virus scanner interrupted and sent the program off to be scanned it passed then installed the new version.

You should then see Changelog window dated 03/08/2021 with a list of changes Aldur posted above.

The title of the WA window should now read "Aldur's Wurm Assistant (3.3 stable-win R113 P:Windows)"

or similar depending on your Operating System. If it says R110 this is the old version.

There should also be a "Buy me a beer!" button at top right taking you to the Patreon page

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Explora said:

@Malenamine did a version check on start then downloaded new version 113. After my virus scanner interrupted and sent the program off to be scanned it passed then installed the new version.

You should then see Changelog window dated 03/08/2021 with a list of changes Aldur posted above.

The title of the WA window should now read "Aldur's Wurm Assistant (3.3 stable-win R113 P:Windows)"

or similar depending on your Operating System. If it says R110 this is the old version.

There should also be a "Buy me a beer!" button at top right taking you to the Patreon page

Thank you Explora!

So I seem to have the latest version (it does say  "Aldur's Wurm Assistant (3.3 stable-win R113 P:Windows)" in the app title). But when I go into the Granger "Value presets config", I'm not seeing any of the new traits. Just the old ones *scratches head*

Granger.jpg

@Malena is the default preset also empty of all new traits?

If not so, this may be a bug involving presets inherited from old version. Will put a patch on it later. Until then you can just create a new copy of default.

Edited by Aldur

10 hours ago, Aldur said:

@Malena is the default preset also empty of all new traits?

If not so, this may be a bug involving presets inherited from old version. Will put a patch on it later. Until then you can just create a new copy of default.

Unfortunately "default" looks exactly the same - so old traits only. Are there any log files I can provide you that would help with debugging this?

It would help me a lot if you could send me your data files.

You can find then at path:

%localappdata%/aldurslab

If you're not sure, just zip it all. It has nothing sensitive there.

19 minutes ago, Aldur said:

It would help me a lot if you could send me your data files.

You can find then at path:

%localappdata%/aldurslab

If you're not sure, just zip it all. It has nothing sensitive there.

Sure thing, sent you info in a PM.

FWIW, mine worked fine regarding showing the new traits.

I did notice "Keen senses" is still in the list. But didn't mention it since it doesn't make any difference to functionality.

Was keen senses removed? Wasn't sure about this.

Will be looking into the missing traits issue.

Nevermind.

Didn't see someone already responded.

Edited by Homestead
No need for the comment.
  • Cat 1

So we found out what was wrong in my case. It was the fact that I had been launching the app directly from a pinned shortcut on my task bar. Thus, the whole launcher was being skipped. So there was never fault with WA, rather with the user * blushes *.

However, now that I did get it up and working, I am noticing one issue Aldur, which is that the preferences I set for the part at the top of the columns where you see: Name, Server, Herd, Breed Value etc etc, it seems like the app is not actually saving the configuration I made. I had removed some of the columns from the filter, had also moved some around etc. I got it all set up yesterday and today it has reverted those settings back to the default. 

Were there any errors in WA log? I'll try it out on my end - did not test that part.

7 minutes ago, Aldur said:

Were there any errors in WA log? I'll try it out on my end - did not test that part.

Well I've got the other warnings about paths to other characters, but looking through those errors I didn't see anything that looked like it could be related.

Also about the Keen senses / Accustomed to water thing, this screenshot may be useful.

So keen sense still seems to be in the list although that is not a trait anymore. 

And WA isn't able to "see" that my horse had "Accustomed to water".

WA_accustomed.jpg

Oh and another issue I'm noticing is that WA seems to keep "ancient history" on the names of animals and refuses to recognize the updated name, even after removing and re-smiling/examining. Here is the process I went through for this to happen:

1) Before the animal update, I had 5-speeds branded and named to "F 5-Speed" and "M 5-Speed"

2) These horses were in my WA

3) The animal update happened, after which I renamed them all to "F Old 5-Speed" and "M Old 5-Speed"

4) The WA update happened after which I removed all my old herds from WA completely and started fresh, re-smiling and re-examining both those old horses with updated names as well as new ones.

5) However, WA seems to "remember" their old names, even though I had removed them and now refuses to recognize the new name

Is there a way for me to empty WA's memory of such things? :) 

I did try the following:

1) Removed these horses once again from WA

2) Did the "Clear WurmApi Caches" 

However upon re-adding these horses, it still remembers the old name.