Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

On 5/27/2021 at 5:16 AM, Wurmhole said:

@Aldur

Just a thank you for sticking with this tool for so many years! So many hard core (sold their souls to Wurm) players barely function without your amazing set of tools.  Adding in the new traits (man, good luck!!) and breeding assist will be phenominal.  I personally am only going to skill AH and not bother breeding until your tools are upgraded for it, as I would never be able to keep track of everything otherwise - yes, I am a soulless one.

Thank you!

i breed 4 mules and 4 horses and i already lost track of what came from what and why :D hehe  on hold here as well for now. 

• Like 1

Aldur!   Loved your apps for years!  You are my first Patreon.  Also cannot wait for the updates.  I'm so lost!  >.<

and @Aldur any chance of WA ever being usable on Linux ? huh ? huh ?  So need something to sort out the mess now :(

• Like 1

There is a way already - check the main post.

I am also working on new WA4 (not ATM since focusing on updates) - it will work on Linux without any magic 🪄 ;)

• Like 5

does anyone else feel like we are in a hospital waiting room waiting for Dr. Aldur to come out and tell us everything with WA is going to be ok? :D :D 

• Like 1

Unsure if you're taking suggestions or whatever but a visual action queue widget would be BADASS. Reading event chat messages to create the queue and know when an action has been completed. I'm thinking a widget than go over the game like timers and crafting assistant that could even just be dots like the crafting window. 

My thought on how this'd work

[15:07:34] You start to mine.
[15:07:34] After you finish mining you will start mining again.
-WA would read this and display 5 lit dots and each time it reads

[15:08:24] You mine some stone shards.

-It snuffs out a dot

• Like 2

Aldur, will WA4 be able to minimize and hide on windows this go around,  to keep the taskbar clutter down?  :)

Edited by Nomadikhan

@Zuelatakthank you for this suggestion, i will have to think about it, but I'll move that for after Granger update, as everyone is waiting for it now.

@Nomadikhanin short. Yes. Been asked for many times. :)

• Like 3

Hi folks, a little progress report.

I'm not yet done with updates, it was a bit of a crazy couple weeks for me (very unusually crazy). Tons of unexpected things happened, including organizational catastrophy at my work and my father finding himself in a hospital.

Fortunately all problems are resolved and I've been continuously working on updates, so delayed but they should hit the update button shortly.

Thank you for your patience, as usual with me, some is always needed! :) 

• Like 7

On 6/22/2021 at 9:52 AM, Aldur said:

thank you for this suggestion, i will have to think about it, but I'll move that for after Granger update, as everyone is waiting for it now.

Oooo I'm so excited. Got plenty more suggestions too haha. 

On 6/26/2021 at 12:18 PM, Aldur said:

Hi folks, a little progress report.

I'm not yet done with updates, it was a bit of a crazy couple weeks for me (very unusually crazy). Tons of unexpected things happened, including organizational catastrophy at my work and my father finding himself in a hospital.

Fortunately all problems are resolved and I've been continuously working on updates, so delayed but they should hit the update button shortly.

Don't you worry Aldur, go at whatever pace you need to! 

And let's all remember (just to take some pressure off of Aldur) that now of course there is the new feature in Wurm that helps us see if we're about to inbreed related animals. (the orange warning text in the Event window) I'm not sure about you guys, but at least for myself - the inbreeding issue was one of the main reasons I needed Wurm Assistant to begin with! But of course, the application is a wonderful treasure trove of all sorts of other goodies as well!

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 11:18 AM, Aldur said:

Take the time you need, we will be here when you ready :) 

4 hours ago, Malena said:

(the orange warning text in the Event window) I'm not sure about you guys, but at least for myself - the inbreeding issue was one of the main reasons I needed Wurm Assistant to begin with! 

Doesnt that happend after you start breeding ?

If so then I guess you cant use them to breed with someone else or ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maiya said:

Doesnt that happend after you start breeding ?

If so then I guess you cant use them to breed with someone else or ?

Yeah it appears when you start the breeding action. If you see the orange text, you can cancel breeding by pressing Esc and just breed it with another one. Cancelling a breeding action is fine. It won't turn your animal into "not in the mood" thankfully. 🙂

• Like 1

Question about Wurm Assistant for Wurm Unlimited. Is there a way to bypass the 5 times a day prayer limit?

Hi @Sinsun, I don't think there was, would you like me to add this to wish list (will go to WA4 wish list, I prefer not to add more stuff to WA3).

Hi everyone, I'm finishing my updates for Granger and it looks good so far. Some things to expect:

• Granger will use the new inbreeding message to detect relations (old method of comparing parents still working, but this new one will take precedence if available).
  • Granger will again read all traits.
  • Granger will also read trait points of a creature.
  • Experimental breeding advisor for the new rules (simplified compared to old one).
  • I'm trying to do the changes in a way that preserves existing herds in the app, but can't promise it will work for 100% cases, only that I'll assist on any bug. :)

Unfortunately I've found it difficult to use the new creature info feature (popup), so smilexamine stays with us.

• Like 7

If you could add that would be super helpful to us Unlimited folks of it not too complicated.

On 7/7/2021 at 5:06 AM, Aldur said:
  • Granger will again read all traits.
  • Granger will also read trait points of a creature.
  • Experimental breeding advisor for the new rules (simplified compared to old one).

Is there anything we have to do to get these features to show up in WA, they dont seem to be showing up when I open it. 

Whatever the reason, thank you so much for all your work on this, can't wait to use it again! 😀

Hi @LynDim sorry I've meant this will be available shortly, haven't rolled the update yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aldur said:

Hi @LynDim sorry I've meant this will be available shortly, haven't rolled the update yet.

😊 Awesome! than it wasn't me! LOL Looking forward to it. 

@AldurUnsure what to do but had to reinstall WA and anytime I select the Wurm directory Steam or non steam it complains that it might be the wrong folder and then when it boots it crashes with an ugly error. 

Yes. When ignoring the warning that says it isn't the right folder and proceeding anyway, it crashes.

But when I then select reconfigure and find the correct folder, it works fine.