Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Hi @Bekadorand thanks for bringing in these updates. It looks as if I'll have to redo the whole breeding advisor of Granger - and do many minor tweaks here and there.

I think I will split updates, first one will add all new traits, while the second one will affect breeding assistant.

@WittleBunnBunno particular reason for such behavior comes to my mind on short notice. Try perhaps removing all skill dumps, then restart both WO and WA, then generate one more faith tick and let  me know if that helps.

• Like 8

@Aldur

Just a thank you for sticking with this tool for so many years! So many hard core (sold their souls to Wurm) players barely function without your amazing set of tools.  Adding in the new traits (man, good luck!!) and breeding assist will be phenominal.  I personally am only going to skill AH and not bother breeding until your tools are upgraded for it, as I would never be able to keep track of everything otherwise - yes, I am a soulless one.

Thank you!

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

@Aldur

Just a thank you for sticking with this tool for so many years! So many hard core (sold their souls to Wurm) players barely function without your amazing set of tools.  Adding in the new traits (man, good luck!!) and breeding assist will be phenominal.  I personally am only going to skill AH and not bother breeding until your tools are upgraded for it, as I would never be able to keep track of everything otherwise - yes, I am a soulless one.

Thank you!

I couldn't have said it better myself. Aldur, we love you very much. You're a gem!

• Like 7

Trying to breed w/o your tool wouldn't be realistic for me, so thank you very much.

• Like 3

Have to agree with @Wurmhole, @Malena, and @Spacy - I would have given up on breeding years ago if it weren't for WA, and tending herds of various animals is possibly the thing I enjoy most in Wurm.  Thank you for being willing to update Granger at this critical point in time.

Do you keep a ko-fi, patreon, venmo, or something similar these days?  I'd like to show some appreciation for the tool that you've built that has been the most essential third-party tool to enhance the Wurm experience year after year after year.  If none of the above, perhaps a charity to donate to?  Thank you again for the work that you've put into WA over all these years.

• Like 5

I would like to thank you too Aldur for your incredibly work and tool !

Thank you folks for these kind words, it's really amazing to me as well just how useful this tool has become to you and I'll do my best to keep it so in the future. :)

I'm starting my work on Granger update on 7th of June and I expect it to go over couple weeks, split between most critical updates first, then others, then breeding assistant. Changes are so many that I needed to confront it with my other schedules, but all is well now.

About patreon - yes, I do have an account already, I was working on putting it on WA website (almost done there, but it will have to wait now). So maybe I'll share it here for now and any beer you fund me folks, will be cherished as it deserves to be! :D 

https://www.patreon.com/artizzan

• Like 7

Will be looking forward greatly to your update to Granger - I like so many others use it religiously for my breeding. Thank you for everything you do, your tool is a Godsend. 😇

• Like 1

Looking forward to the update! I've been using it for what seems like forever now, and can't imagine not.

• Like 1

Good day.
I am new to WA and I am having an issue with Granger bugging out with default horse colors and not adding horses of such colors.

Error [16:53:57] > Error > WurmApi > PublicEventInvoker: EventMarshaller has thrown an unhandled exception on instant handler invocation > Existing CreatureColorEntity with Id: Brown is flagged ReadOnly.
Assistant version:  3.3 Stable-win R110 
Game version : Wurm Unlimited [Beta Branch]
Windows : Windows 10 Pro

Colors testing that gives the error:
White ; Brown ; Grey  and black

Colors that work :
Ebony Black, Piebald Pinto, Blood Bay.

Any assistant on what settings I can change to get it working will be helpfull.

EDIT : I fixed this issue by manually adding the colors to the "Edit creatures list" with a small letter rather than a capital (black instead of Black)

I would also like to know how to set my players animal husbandry (I have it disabled atm in the option as it keeps asking for it.)

Thank you

Edited by axeblade346
Fixed the issue I had

@AldurThank you for making Wurm Assistant.
I am a new user and after sorting a few issues I had I can clearly see why almost everyone on the Unlimited server I play on recommends it.

While you are busy making a new version/update can you please also look into allowing the user to add custom traits.
The Unlimited server I play on has a custom trait  "It has very good grip." that allows animals with it to go up steeper slopes and this we consider it a "speed like" trait.

Hi @axeblade346and sorry for replying late. I've tried to fix that horse color bug couple times but it escapes me so far.

About the skill - could you describe where/how this issue shows to you? There can be couple problems here.

in general, for AH skill to be read by WA, you need to either enable skill dumps in wurm online client or have a skills log message logged somehow eg. after grooming or other action.

Also you've mentioned wurm unlimited - for log reader to work, you need to add that server to WA.

i can give you more detailed help if I'm given more info to work on. You can start a PM with me here on forums, once we resolve issue I'll post a summary reply here.

Edited by Aldur

On 5/23/2021 at 3:47 PM, Aldur said:

Hi @Bekadorand thanks for bringing in these updates. It looks as if I'll have to redo the whole breeding advisor of Granger - and do many minor tweaks here and there.

I think I will split updates, first one will add all new traits, while the second one will affect breeding assistant.

@WittleBunnBunno particular reason for such behavior comes to my mind on short notice. Try perhaps removing all skill dumps, then restart both WO and WA, then generate one more faith tick and let  me know if that helps.

Very very big thanks for keeping up to speed with the changes in Wurm!

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 11:18 AM, Aldur said:

Thank you folks for these kind words, it's really amazing to me as well just how useful this tool has become to you and I'll do my best to keep it so in the future. :)

I'm starting my work on Granger update on 7th of June and I expect it to go over couple weeks, split between most critical updates first, then others, then breeding assistant. Changes are so many that I needed to confront it with my other schedules, but all is well now.

About patreon - yes, I do have an account already, I was working on putting it on WA website (almost done there, but it will have to wait now). So maybe I'll share it here for now and any beer you fund me folks, will be cherished as it deserves to be! :D 

https://www.patreon.com/artizzan

Im I reading this right? your gonna continue the legacy and update granger to work with the new stuff thats been comming of late?
that absolutly calls for a support on patreon, WA has been a fantastic tool for a new player like me to understand and keep track of so many things. Im playing wurm to have fun and wind down, not to make spreadsheets, so id gladly support the work to make a tool that does the "spreadsheets" very easy so the game can be fun and easier 😃

Keep it up!
/bunnlose of Old Grumpy Couple.

Edit: since its last day of the month, I even think patreon charges me for may and then june tomorrow ;) Nice boost!

Edited by bunnlose
  • Like 1

Thank you @Jazand @bunnlose

My update plan is itself up to date, starting on monday. :) 

I will also try to fix a couple of tricky bugs, some of them reported earlier. Have a long list of everything, just waiting for some free time.

• Like 1

Hey, love the tool, really ought to use it more often.

I'd like to highlight this post which may direct how your granger update shapes up:

That animals can have a dominant category which impacts their breeding output (quite heavily, it seems so far - a lot of old 5speeds are struggling to make draft animals despite being 3 speed 2 draft) suggests a need to notate an animal's dominant category, and have this impact breeding recommendations according to the user's desired outcome.

• Like 3

Does Wurm Assistant need a specific directory for the game to be installed in?

Am getting 

Application startup was interrupted by an ugly error! 

System.ArgumentException: The directory name C:\SteamStuff\steamapps\common\Wurm Online\configs is invalid.

C:\SteamStuff\steamapps\common]Wurm Online is the correct directory for where my game currently is installed. There is no configs folder there though, if that's what it looks for. Win10, if that matters.

Hi @KionScar, I believe that on steam library, there is one more subdirectory, don't remember the exact name but it will have that configs dir inside.

Hi@Stanlee, thanks for mentioning this. Agreed that it needs to be included, though I'd love some science on the exact odds, though I know this isn't easy subject, would need some large scale statistical analysis. Perhaps Granger could be used to track this and then something else used to analyze data?

But that is probably something for WA4. :)

@Aldurthanks figured it out. Although, some horses are giving mismatch errors to Granger about parents' names. Not much I can do if said parents are no longer part of the server.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 9:53 AM, Aldur said:

Hi @axeblade346and sorry for replying late. I've tried to fix that horse color bug couple times but it escapes me so far.

About the skill - could you describe where/how this issue shows to you? There can be couple problems here.

in general, for AH skill to be read by WA, you need to either enable skill dumps in wurm online client or have a skills log message logged somehow eg. after grooming or other action.

Also you've mentioned wurm unlimited - for log reader to work, you need to add that server to WA.

i can give you more detailed help if I'm given more info to work on. You can start a PM with me here on forums, once we resolve issue I'll post a summary reply here.

@AldurSorry for the late reply , I don`t use the forums a lot.
Another player also suddenly starting having the issue of it not reading the Animal Husbandry.
We figured out it cause there is a broken skill dump , clearing the folder and forcing a dump via in game console fixed the issue for both of us.

• Like 1

@axeblade346, could you send me that broken dump - or describe how it was broken? I can guard against that in the future.

@AldurWhen you have dump on "Save skills on exit" enabled (under Text in settings) it sometimes happens when your client crashes that the latest skill dump is empty or partial. 

One of them is
"
Skills dumped at 2 June 2021
-----

"
with NOTHING after that.